Guitar Player's Thread

once i get my MM-04, I'm going to make schematics for it in hopes of building one for my other guitars. Or at least see how much it would cost for parts of making one and if its something that would be reasonable to do without super high-tech machinery
Lets hear how well it sounds first!

^ Erm, doubt it.

Dream Theater are massive, they've been doing large Stadium world tours for years

I hate the EMG 81 :lol:

The EMG 89 and 85 however are rather good imo.

Im glad someone does because so do i :lol: Well i don't hate it. It IS decent but it's really not what im looking for. For people who want to aim for a more Alexi-like sound it could be good but i certainly am going to sell it as soon as i get some Seymours.

So i finally got my Vintage Modern, here are some pics of it!

20080329337qb8.jpg

20080329333de5.jpg

20080329335sd2.jpg

20080329336bj6.jpg

Well, it's LOUD! So i have to play at a level that won't implode the universe. The feel of the amp and the response is awesome, just as i wanted, but the tone isn't as good if you play it at a low volume, so i either need a hot plate or some kind of isolation.

^I feel somenoe extremely happy, :lol: So when will you do a vid an show us the machine working? May I suggest Edge Of Despair or Deviance?:D

I'm suprised John even knows who Alexi/COB are.

So was I, but I was even more surprised when, some time back, someone posted a MAB interview and he didn't just know them, but he was a fan/genuinely liked them.

^ Erm, doubt it.

Dream Theater are massive, they've been doing large Stadium world tours for years

True, and every time they come to Spain I manage to be busy and can't go :cry:

What guitarist out there do u guys think has the best guitar tone?

Alltime Alexi - FTR and THAB, nowadays (last albums released) Jani Liimatainen - Unia, John Petrucci - Systematic Chaos, Ammot brothers - Rise Of the Tyrant

^I feel somenoe extremely happy, :lol: So when will you do a vid an show us the machine working? May I suggest Edge Of Despair or Deviance?:D

Ofcourse, even though i spent all my money on it, so no more beer for some months :lol:

I haven't really learnt my own songs, i just recorded them as i came up with them, so most riffs have only been played once. :lol:

I recorded this fast thing, there's no boost on, just the amp gain, which is quite low (which i knew about, and i love it, but some people might think it's too little gain) I could use my TS for more distortion, but i haven't gotten around to do that yet. The sound quality of my phone and youtube doesn't really do the amp justice though.

I think the volume is quite loud, so beware of that!

Last edited by a moderator:
What guitarist out there do u guys think has the best guitar tone?

Hard to say, but i do <3 Alexi's tone on Sinergy albums, and Early COB (not SW though).

FOr soundwall stuff, i like Devin Townsends echo/reverbfilled tone, its very full and i like it a lot.

I also like his heavier tone, for that good ol' chuggalug

I sort of like the Wintersun tone, but i honestly feel it lacks something.

Atm i can't think of any more Metal tones, but as for Clean tones, i like Jason Beckers lush jazzy tone.

But also, i like the Chorus and trebly sound of DIE, from Dir en grey in the Macabre era.

Probably tonnes of more tones i like, but cant recall nay now..

OH And Steve Vai's lead tone! Especially the live one.. I like it a lot.