Guitar Player's Thread

so new question:

If you could be in any existing or formerly existing band, which would it be? And it has to be one which would make you the happiest to be in. Like you would be fuckin proud to be in this band, and wouldn't wanna do anything else but play this music.

For me, it'd either be Children of Bodom or Sinergy. I seriously can't choose at this point cuz I'm listening to sinergy right now and it's killing me. I love the guitar work and compositions in both bands so I'd be equally proud to be in either. Altho if asked any other time (when not listening to sinergy, I'd probably say Bodom :lol:)

Being in one of those bands is assuming that you can pull of the insanse guitaring aswell, and if i had that ability, i'd rather make my own music, i'd actually prefer making my own music in any case.

well yeah, of course that would most likely be the case in real life. but this question is just asking that if you had the opportunity, which band would make you the most happiest to be in?

My own :lol:

Edit: I guess it would be cool to be in Necrophagist, because you don't need to be rockstary onstage, just stand still and be badass.

COB/Sinergy for me.

And since I get people asking whether I have any original compositions, I decided to visit my folder of compositions and modify one so it sounded a little more like Sinergy.

The original was in E standard, in F#min. There was a lot more pointless shred and a bit at the end that sounds shit, so I changed it to D standard at Amin.

It's not in a certain order like you'd expect, it's just a bunch of IDEAS put together. I thought I'd change key aswell so there's a bit of Dmin in there at the end, and then into Amin/E phrygian for the riff. I intended to do some Viking Kong style harmonic minor solo over it but I've only just written the 2nd half of it tonight so it's just a ROUGH thing. Mixing sucks too.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/y43zq5

I'm thinking about recording a whole bunch of these tonight because the only originals that I've recorded are the two that I had to do for college, a couple of years ago (The Happy Song & METAL).

I have 190 GP4 files worth of ideas and I haven't even finished any. :lol:

Anyway, I will stop writing now because I feel like I could go on for ages, since I have nothing better to do.

nice harmonies. I have many files like that as well. And I'm hoping to complete a few of them over the next 2 months since I'll never be this free again (no school or work).

any plans of completing yours, Mitch?

COB/Sinergy for me.

And since I get people asking whether I have any original compositions, I decided to visit my folder of compositions and modify one so it sounded a little more like Sinergy.

The original was in E standard, in F#min. There was a lot more pointless shred and a bit at the end that sounds shit, so I changed it to D standard at Amin.

It's not in a certain order like you'd expect, it's just a bunch of IDEAS put together. I thought I'd change key aswell so there's a bit of Dmin in there at the end, and then into Amin/E phrygian for the riff. I intended to do some Viking Kong style harmonic minor solo over it but I've only just written the 2nd half of it tonight so it's just a ROUGH thing. Mixing sucks too.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/y43zq5

I'm thinking about recording a whole bunch of these tonight because the only originals that I've recorded are the two that I had to do for college, a couple of years ago (The Happy Song & METAL).

I have 190 GP4 files worth of ideas and I haven't even finished any. :lol:

Anyway, I will stop writing now because I feel like I could go on for ages, since I have nothing better to do.

That sounds killer, the lead parts are really awesome, with greater quality, i could seriously listen to this!

I hate that slap bass though :lol:

When are you going to start using that GP-1000 of yours? You need power amp and a cabinet, right?

Really cool thing, great harmonies. I like the feeling of it, but I agree with Inhe about the slap bass, although I supose you've used it cos is a GP bt and if you use normal bass it sounds really low.

Thanks for the comments peeps. I have to say that the slap bass sounds the best, compared to the "finger bass" and "pick bass". The pick is too harsh and the finger is too bassy with no presence or treble. I guess the slap bass can get annoying after a while and doesn't suit everything but I like it.

So i finally got my Vintage Modern, here are some pics of it!

20080329337qb8.jpg

20080329333de5.jpg

20080329335sd2.jpg

20080329336bj6.jpg

awesome!

Well, it's LOUD! So i have to play at a level that won't implode the universe. The feel of the amp and the response is awesome, just as i wanted, but the tone isn't as good if you play it at a low volume, so i either need a hot plate or some kind of isolation.

dude hot plates are horrible

Ofcourse, even though i spent all my money on it, so no more beer for some months :lol:

I haven't really learnt my own songs, i just recorded them as i came up with them, so most riffs have only been played once. :lol:

I recorded this fast thing, there's no boost on, just the amp gain, which is quite low (which i knew about, and i love it, but some people might think it's too little gain) I could use my TS for more distortion, but i haven't gotten around to do that yet. The sound quality of my phone and youtube doesn't really do the amp justice though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7BVS7ZE4yA

I think the volume is quite loud, so beware of that!

doesnt show what the amp can do IMO

marcel coenen is amazing

so new question:

If you could be in any existing or formerly existing band, which would it be? And it has to be one which would make you the happiest to be in. Like you would be fuckin proud to be in this band, and wouldn't wanna do anything else but play this music.

necrophagist or symphony x, probably the latter right now because there my favorite band

It's just one, but it has a 'dynamic range' switch, which switches from high to low, although not really usefull unless you want that sparkly clean sound, otherwise you could just roll the volume knob down.