Guitar Player's Thread

Can anyone recomend me excersizes etc to do for my guitar practice, rather than palying various things here and there which i think doesnt help very much, thanks

awesome!
dude don't get obsessed with absolute perfection, some times its better to leave it as it is and get to work on another one. this way you at least will have it recorded and if you will ever like you will redo it on the future.

(this is also my problem why i have so less songs and recordings from my self i am never happy with it)

I can't help it. You don't know how good I am, you can't watch me practise, record or perform in a band's rehearsal, so the only way I can show people my abilities on the guitar is by my recordings that I upload here. Hence, why I need to try my best and concentrate on everything I do, especially if it's my own thing. Especially since I haven't practised technique in over a year.

Anyway, here's the thing I wrote earlier. It's not an admirable piece, it's just something I just came up with while jamming unplugged earlier and thought it'd be interesting to add drums and a diminished harmony to it.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/49jg4w

I had the gain so low that it was sometimes difficult to hit those high notes but I left them anyway 'cause my eyes were going funny after playing that riff so many times at that speed with no practise.

Here's a video of me playing Deadnight Warrior's 2nd solo:

My Jackson Stars Custom RR with J50BC and JE1000 boost and directly into a Peavey 5150 halfstack.

If anyone is wondering...I played over the Tokyo Warhearts version, with the audio panned all the way to the left, that way you can't hear Alexi playing at all and you can freely play over this "live backing track" ;).

Last edited by a moderator:
It actually sounds really good at low levels, so i'm perfectly happy. And one channel is fine for me!

Here's a little sound test. I'm sorry for making all my sound tests so short and shitty :lol: The volume is ~0.5, because people are sleeping.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/vei6xq

nice tone! I think it fits your style very well.

That's a pretty cool tone Inhe, I like it. Your tone always sounds similar, I think it has something to do with those pickups. They seem to have alot of mid or something and gives it a kinda "bubbly" sound. I'd be able to recognise one of your recordings if I didn't know it was you.

And I've just finished updating my composition that I uploaded earlier but I re-recorded the whole thing with my Jackson instead of BC Rich, both have the same pickup but have a different sound.

I added a second verse, where the melody is played an octave higher with a different ending.
Added another main riff with a cool 32nd note blast thing, better sounding harmony section and I did a little bit of the solo. I also changed the bass sound and I do prefer this one. :D

http://www.sendspace.com/file/d3ww9g

I think I should start working on more original stuff because it's kinda fun. :D:D
It's fun, but it is kinda hard. and nice work on these melodies. they're already getting stuck in my head :headbang:

Anyway, here's the thing I wrote earlier. It's not an admirable piece, it's just something I just came up with while jamming unplugged earlier and thought it'd be interesting to add drums and a diminished harmony to it.

I had the gain so low that it was sometimes difficult to hit those high notes but I left them anyway 'cause my eyes were going funny after playing that riff so many times at that speed with no practise.

are you sure you didn't copy that intro from one of 'phagist's riffs? especially that intro bass seems like i've heard it before. and awesome playing. maybe you don't need to spend time practicing technique anymore (cuz it seems you have it all down), but instead just work on your own compositions and do a few covers here and there.

Yeah, it's definitely not a copy. I came up with that intro lick a while ago and then descended in a way that I've been playing alot lately.

The main riff is inspired by The Bitch Is Back but it wasn't intentional, I only noticed it afterwards.

I think my fave bit is the end where I do that whammy thing and I put it so high that it "frets out" and makes some weird noise. :D

Anyway, check out the 4th variation of the main riff:
a2yl1h.jpg

I can't help it. You don't know how good I am, you can't watch me practise, record or perform in a band's rehearsal, so the only way I can show people my abilities on the guitar is by my recordings that I upload here. Hence, why I need to try my best and concentrate on everything I do, especially if it's my own thing. Especially since I haven't practised technique in over a year.

Wow, that's awesome! With that kind of riffing and your soloing it would sound killer!

^ Both. If you read Mitch's post (on his sig) it tells you what times to record.

yeah, I've looked at it, but I don't think he says you HAVE to do it over both sections.

I have something for the Emin part, but I'm trying to do something over the F#min part also. I really like how that part sounds.

But writing 2 solos iz betta!! I still haven't written mine yet, I always wait until everyone send me theirs and I do it at the last minute.

Anyway, my GP-1000 is here. I'll post pics later, gotta go to work now. Be home at 11pm. :zombie:

Control panel. Set the "record" options to record either "mic" or "line in".

I must be dumb as hell but I didn't get it: Do You mean the Windows Audio control, the audacity controls or my soundcard control panel?

Maybe I'd record something for the jam but I'm not sure. Wasn't there a GP file of the backing track (i dont mean the one in the tab thread)?