Guitar Player's Thread

Nice vids CoCOB.

Yeah, this is a bit random but... My guitar is actually confusing me :rofl: The fretboard is supposed to be Rosewood, but hell it's the darkest/smoothest Rosewood I've ever seen. Looks nothing like my Ibanez fretboard.

040208220522.jpg

That looks darker than my ebony fretboatd :ill:

I found this quite lulzy, wait for the interview part :lol:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rrlL95UJ30&NR=1[/ame]

Thanks everybody, glad you liked them :D

Not darker than mine (belive me first day when I took the guitar out of the case I was like WTF is it all plastic or what?? :lol:), but definitely doesn't look like rosewood judging by the colour, :lol:

@Inhe: the only real difference I've noticed is that I can't do fast runs w alternate picking atm and before I coudl, but for other things... welll sweeps are a bit slower but nothing a month of practice can't recover, :lol:

Hey Jose, I just saw your videos and good job indeed. your hand seems to be doing really good...how long have you been practicing without the bandages now?

I'm definitely getting a Rocktron HUSH next. When I played with my friends band the other week, it was my Jackson RR into the ADA MP-1 and the soundguys were like "hmm okay, who's the guitarist with the hissing sound???!!" :lol: WHOOPS!

That was with the gainboost OFF, gain low, presence low etc. If I'm going to be using a boost with the GP-1000, then a noise gate is EXTREMELY important because it will actually sound TERRIBLE without it.

I don't even know how to use the buggers.

dude use this, i know tons of people that swear by it

http://www.tcelectronic.com/g-major.asp

Thanks! Brighten up your monitor and turn down the lights in the room and you'll see me play better. I can see it ok :).

I've taken lots of pics already, posted them some pages back...I will take some new ones too once I get the pickup cover on the J50BC ;).

Here's another video of me playing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fB_wODmt-k

This time you can see the guitar nicely, but it's the red Jackson PRO this time..tuned to Eb and with J50BC+JE1200. I was playing Mother North by Satyricon (any black metallers here??)

Congrats on your GP1000! I'll be looking into them soon too! :)

And btw, check your email Kirk Hammet! :lol:

nice vid, i love black metal but saytricon is really "cheesy" to me, not their look but the music. it doesnt give me the urge to burn churches like dark funeral and emperor do

Just thought I should mention that all guitar players have to listen to the new Arsis album, it has some of the best guitar work I have heard in ages.

such an amazing album

Here's another short amp test for you :lol:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/5t9ukb

wow fuckin pure PG tone

Thanks! :)

Thanks! I liked your video too! I wish I could tap that well!! :headbang:

Did you play fast run in the solo as legato?

Oh and here´s that video from Alexi´s DVD, I can watch no problem:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGo64twsczU

hmmm an ada mp1

my friend was telling me that in the new guitar world with alexi he has 2 new custom shops, ones black w/ dot inlays, idk what else. and the other is white and it glows in the dark....no pinstripes either...

[ame]http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=31555093[/ame]
a solo i recorded for a friend's song

Fucking :kickass: Good job dude.

Hey Jose, I just saw your videos and good job indeed. your hand seems to be doing really good...how long have you been practicing without the bandages now?

Thanks! Well, if I remember right, 2 weeks without the bandages and 1 with them, cos doctor said that I could start moving a bit and that was the first I did, :lol:

Hey people, I have a question for you.

The solo for Hellion I've recorded (if anyone's not seen, check previous page) was never released on a song, the solo in the cover is different and that stuff, so can people use licks of it without it beeing illegal? Because I'm stuck with a solo for one of my own songs and the first part of it just fits so good, it's same tempo, it fits the BT, etc... And since it has never appeared anywhere and has not been released, if I credit Alexi as composer it wouldn't be illegal, wouldn't it?

I know that this is not the best way to get a solo, but it's been 6 moths (since my song was composed) playing shitty solos because I can't find anything good, and that just fits so perfectly.

Hey people, I have a question for you.

The solo for Hellion I've recorded (if anyone's not seen, check previous page) was never released on a song, the solo in the cover is different and that stuff, so can people use licks of it without it beeing illegal? Because I'm stuck with a solo for one of my own songs and the first part of it just fits so good, it's same tempo, it fits the BT, etc... And since it has never appeared anywhere and has not been released, if I credit Alexi as composer it wouldn't be illegal, wouldn't it?

I know that this is not the best way to get a solo, but it's been 6 moths (since my song was composed) playing shitty solos because I can't find anything good, and that just fits so perfectly.

Maybe you missed the part where I ripped off the Bed Of Razors solo for my friends band? :lol:

Just fucking do it, no one is going to care.

+1, honestly guitar has been built on the same ideas/licks/riffs etc. since its creation there isnt one thing that someone hasnt already done. its the same with a lot of other things in life. just do it man. and then usually when i "rip" something then i'll be like, oh well it would really sound better if i added....

But the solo sounds good rippint it off note per note, :lol: Anyway, I think I'll do it, then I'll say in the booklet that solo on song X composed by Alexi Laiho played by Jose, :lol:

In the booket? Are you releasing an album or something?

And I'm uploading my video of the GP-1000 sound test. It's completely UN-edited so you'll hear me tuning, and being sloppy and whatnot. I have to admit, the sound is really close to what it actually sounds like so I think I'll do some more tomorrow when I have some more time.

It's going up on Sendspace for higher quality.

Ok thanks.

Yes, my band's recording a demo and that's why I'm interested in getting a good solo and not a crappy one. Live doesn't matter that much cos we do death/thrash metal and people don't come for the solos, but in the demo I want acceptable solos, so the past 4 months I've been working my ass off to compose them. The fucking demo is taking longer to record than a fucking album, :lol: But that's because we all study and the one who's recording it also has other works so we record one weekend drums (before Christmas), one weekend bass (2 weeks before Easter) and as I got injuried guitars will be recorded around May and vocals too. Another thing that's driving me crazy is getting a cool artwork, :lol: As I suck at Photoshop it's so difficult to get anything. So far the best I have is this (and the title is not even real, just invented to see how it fits):

EDIT: If photobucket ever uploads the image I'll post it, :lol: