Guitar Player's Thread

Poweramp? Haha, it's plugged straight into this (hence the not-so-professional-tone):
KBA16x.jpg

If I added anything else to it, it started to get reallu muddy. I tried out Alexi's settings and it sounded shit because of that amp. If I was using a full rack set up, then you'd expect something more but I don't have the space for anything bigger.

Howdy ya'll

I've been very busy as of late and haven't had much time for the internet (not that any of you noticed my absence, lol) but my Ibanez RG came yesterday and I'm fuckin' stoked :D I'm gonna record some PG stuff (The Gargoyle, Scarified, something else perhaps) and take part in the forum jam.

I don't have a digital camera, so here be some pics from the 'net...

rg2.jpg

Yeah, yeah... rosewood neck, can't have it all.

rg3.jpg

rg.jpg

I'll try to record and upload something tomorrow or by Friday, now that I can get a nice proffessional-like tone through the GuitarPort :D

I've got a question about the tremolo system:

I've loosened the tension of the springs and configured them differently so that when I use the tremolo it will easily go back to its "normal" position. However, after the guitar is in tune and I use the tremolo it either goes sharp or flat afterwards. How do I fix this small problem?

I've got a question about the tremolo system:

I've loosened the tension of the springs and configured them differently so that when I use the tremolo it will easily go back to its "normal" position. However, after the guitar is in tune and I use the tremolo it either goes sharp or flat afterwards. How do I fix this small problem?

That would imply that it's not going back to its normal position :s

That was a cool vid Mitch, it was either the practice amp that was responsive or the pre-amp, but it sounded pretty awesome. I was expecting some leadz though!

I'm looking to buy an acoustic guitar soon, in price range of around $300-400. Looking for something versatile for strumming chords, jazz, and some classical things with a solid top and cutaway preferably.. Does anyone have any suggestions? (You can suggest any acoustics you like even if they don't fit those specs)

Anyways, I plan to go check some out at GC soon, but still suggestions are always nice :D

Acoustic guitars feel the same to me, as long as they strings aren't super tight.

Nice vids CoCOB.

Yeah, this is a bit random but... My guitar is actually confusing me :rofl: The fretboard is supposed to be Rosewood, but hell it's the darkest/smoothest Rosewood I've ever seen. Looks nothing like my Ibanez fretboard.

040208220522.jpg

Same with my mates LTD EC-400...i actually thought it was ebony :lol:

Mitch I'm waiting for the video to dl, :lol: My internet sucks ass, but I'll post my opinion when it's dladed. Meanwhile, here's an idea I had for the demo's artwork. Not definitive and not agreed still as the singer and the drummer haven't been online since Tuesday, :lol:

Portadabienhechaprueba.jpg

How long have you been playing José?

I think 3-4 years. Seriously (practicing slowly, etc... instead of trying to get as faster and as sloopy as possible) 2 and a half though, :lol:

BTW, as my full name is Jose Miguel mine doesn't have the accent, it's just Jose, :D

Howdy ya'll

I've been very busy as of late and haven't had much time for the internet (not that any of you noticed my absence, lol) but my Ibanez RG came yesterday and I'm fuckin' stoked :D I'm gonna record some PG stuff (The Gargoyle, Scarified, something else perhaps) and take part in the forum jam.

rg2.jpg

Yeah, yeah... rosewood neck, can't have it all.

rg3.jpg

rg.jpg

I'll try to record and upload something tomorrow or by Friday, now that I can get a nice proffessional-like tone through the GuitarPort :D

:kickass::kickass::kickass:

Ibanez rocks! Cool guitar dude, it was time!! Enjoy it.

Mitch, what did you use to make the pickup cavity bigger in your Jackson Stars RR? Just wondering, I used a file a few times on my guitars when I wanted covered Jackson pickups in there, but this time I´d like to try something else, maybe easier and faster to do.

Ah sweet, I'll watch over it. Cheers.

Howdy ya'll

rg2.jpg

There's only a few RG models that I like and this is one of them. Congrats.

Ibanez RG4EXQM1 Quilted Maple Top

Preamp sounds good, Mitch! Even through the tiny practice amp :lol:

Cheers. :D

That was a cool vid Mitch, it was either the practice amp that was responsive or the pre-amp, but it sounded pretty awesome. I was expecting some leadz though!

I would have but as you all know, I haven't practised for over a year so it's hard to play this stuff and nail it first time. I should start getting back into it.

Plus, the lead tone sucks through that amp. :erk:

Mitch I'm waiting for the video to dl, :lol: My internet sucks ass, but I'll post my opinion when it's dladed. Meanwhile, here's an idea I had for the demo's artwork. Not definitive and not agreed still as the singer and the drummer haven't been online since Tuesday, :lol:

Portadabienhechaprueba.jpg

I uploaded the video on YouTube just for ease. Sound isn't too bad, actually.

[ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=r_pZmNDkbbk[/ame]

And that album cover is fucking awesome, I like it. :kickass:

Mitch, what did you use to make the pickup cavity bigger in your Jackson Stars RR? Just wondering, I used a file a few times on my guitars when I wanted covered Jackson pickups in there, but this time I´d like to try something else, maybe easier and faster to do.

I used a file too. It was fuckin scary cause if I slipped, the file would have gone straight onto the guitar body and scratched the paint off. (and yeah, it took ages and was extremely difficult)

And of course, I did it. Although, the scratch is tiny and in the PERFECT shape of a scythe. :lol: :kickass:

Oh, and:
Nazgul said:
And what is that fast riff that you are playing? (at 0:14)

It's just something I came up with on the spot.