Guitar Player's Thread

I used a file too. It was fuckin scary cause if I slipped, the file would have gone straight onto the guitar body and scratched the paint off. (and yeah, it took ages and was extremely difficult)

And of course, I did it. Although, the scratch is tiny and in the PERFECT shape of a scythe. :lol: :kickass:

Tell me about it!! I put a nice scratch right on the front of my Grover Jackson which had AS MINT AS POSSIBLE finish...no scratches or anything etc. and it´s 17 years old!! Now scratched, not very visible, bt still. I´m very afraid of scratching up my Custom Shop RR:erk:

Yeah I bet! I've hit the high wing of my RR on the door frame a couple of times thinking it'll break off or chip but it doesn't do anything to it, luckily.

Here's my Scythe scratch. :kickass:

261eslx.jpg

I´m picking up the file and going to do it now. I´m going to mask the body off with something - better safe than sorry!!

OMG at that scythe scratch! Are you sure you didn´t do that on purpose? LOL

I´m picking up the file and going to do it now. I´m going to mask the body off with something - better safe than sorry!!

OMG at that scythe scratch! Are you sure you didn´t do that on purpose? LOL

That's a VERY good idea!! Why didn't I think of that? :erk:

And the scratch is pretty cool, huh? I was actually thinking the other day that someone could get a custom Ibanez RG or Jackson RR with scythes instead of F-holes. I dno how it'd work but it'd be a cool idea, I suppose.

I'm lovin this main riff :headbang:

in fact, i'm trying to figure it out right now, haha.

:lol: Wicked!

I was thinking about turning it into a song and recording it actually. Maybe I shud.

And how are you doing? Are you able to play properly yet?

Portadabienhechaprueba.jpg

A very cool photoshop painting, indeed. But PLEASE don't use Papyrus for the typeface on anything. It's been used to death.

By the way, is this a death metal band? If so...I can still read the band name! Everyone knows that the more indecipherable the logo is, the better the band. :lol: ;)

That's a VERY good idea!! Why didn't I think of that? :erk:

And the scratch is pretty cool, huh? I was actually thinking the other day that someone could get a custom Ibanez RG or Jackson RR with scythes instead of F-holes. I dno how it'd work but it'd be a cool idea, I suppose.

:lol: Wicked!

I was thinking about turning it into a song and recording it actually. Maybe I shud.

And how are you doing? Are you able to play properly yet?

yeah definitely make it into a song. it's a very cool rhythm. if you don't, I will :heh:

I've been able to play since last week, so the strength in my fingers seems to be improving :). Altho it's hard for me to do certain things like pull offs and hammer ons cuz it causes strain in my pinky and it just hurts sometimes. but oh wellz. I'll get there! oh and i'm working on the jam, i've already written it out, now i'm just practicing it and trying to find a good tone for it on my pod. thank you so much for postponing it btw.

That's alright mate, I knew you wanted to really do it and it seemed like no one else did.

And Jose, I just read "Bringer Of Pain" again. I don't think that pic suits it at all, I think you should change it to...

15i125i.jpg

Ok, I´m done with filing the pickup cavity. I managed to scratch along the bottom of the pickup ring, but don´t know how. The scratch just appeared there after I cleaned up the finish :erk:.

Looks nice though, maybe a little bit goofy because the pickup cover is pretty much flat with the pickup ring, but I´ll get a custom brass pickup ring made that will be a lot thinner so it will look nicer :).

I still have to need holes to drill for the ring, I´ll do that soon.

A couple of pics:
DSCN0720m.jpg

DSCN0725m.jpg

DSCN0732m.jpg

And Mitch, definitely use that riff, it ROCKS!!

I took the pickup cover off of mine and it fits fine in a normal pickup ring, but for some reason the pickup isn't stable in one position, it was rocking back and fourth freely for a while but i put some foam underneath the pickup and its fine now!

I just have to deal with no pickup cover, not a big deal.

and the mail came to campus and there was no MM-04 for me today :(
Maybe tomorrow though! who knows!

OH! and I'm wondering if i screwed up the wiring for my guitar when i put in the J50BC

Ive got a 3 way pickup selector switch and j50bc sounds fine by itself and the neck pickup sound fine too but in the "middle" position of the switch where both pickups should be on, it sounds super thin and a lot quieter. I have no idea why it does that?

Im going to be re-doing everything once i get the MM-04 but id like to figure out how i screwed it up haha

Am I the only one who gets treated like an total guitar newbie at guitar shops?

I just wanted to know something about the different screw drivers for different guitar bridges and whether they are ISO (norm?) or not. >The guy gave me a long speech about how to adjust a bridge and that it's not necessary to avoid you strings burr (!). So he turned on the next amp, played 4 notes as sloppy as hell.
I wanted 10-52 d'adarrio strings> he gave me a speech about different tunings, strings for drop tunings, strings for different genre.
I wanted to know whether they could order a new neck for my roaester> he gave me a speech how fuckin skilled he is in guitar set up.

next time you give him the speech before he even starts. and show him a few sweeps or something.

and for me it's even worse. they usually don't take me seriously when I ask for REAL help. probably cuz i'm a girl.

yeah definitely make it into a song. it's a very cool rhythm. if you don't, I will :heh:

I've been able to play since last week, so the strength in my fingers seems to be improving :). Altho it's hard for me to do certain things like pull offs and hammer ons cuz it causes strain in my pinky and it just hurts sometimes. but oh wellz. I'll get there! oh and i'm working on the jam, i've already written it out, now i'm just practicing it and trying to find a good tone for it on my pod. thank you so much for postponing it btw.

Nice to know! Hope you get it on soon :kickass:

That's alright mate, I knew you wanted to really do it and it seemed like no one else did.

And Jose, I just read "Bringer Of Pain" again. I don't think that pic suits it at all, I think you should change it to...

15i125i.jpg

:lol::lol::lol: If I weren't that bad with photoshop I'd give it a go for the lulz, :lol: We need Joe for this though, :lol:

Ok, I´m done with filing the pickup cavity. I managed to scratch along the bottom of the pickup ring, but don´t know how. The scratch just appeared there after I cleaned up the finish :erk:.

Looks nice though, maybe a little bit goofy because the pickup cover is pretty much flat with the pickup ring, but I´ll get a custom brass pickup ring made that will be a lot thinner so it will look nicer :).

I still have to need holes to drill for the ring, I´ll do that soon.

A couple of pics:
DSCN0720m.jpg

DSCN0725m.jpg

DSCN0732m.jpg

And Mitch, definitely use that riff, it ROCKS!!

:kickass: That guitar rocks so fucking much!

Portadabienhechaprueba.jpg

A very cool photoshop painting, indeed. But PLEASE don't use Papyrus for the typeface on anything. It's been used to death.

By the way, is this a death metal band? If so...I can still read the band name! Everyone knows that the more indecipherable the logo is, the better the band. :lol: ;)

:lol: Hadn't noticed your post before. Well, I'm against that indeciphrable death metal logo thing, and so are the other members of my band, that's why we have it. Besides, we're not strictly death metal (death thrash) and nowhere near to brutal death metal. We're more of a Exodus-Death mix (the technical part from death missing because we're just one guitar and I'm not such a great composer nor player, :lol: