Guitar Player's Thread

Meh i would really like a Jackson Stars JS2P with white pinstripe and then chuck out the EMG HZ and put in Seymour duncan SH-4 and maybe try one of those MM04 boosters :lol:

Your guitar will look like this when all is said and done.

ron_thal_03.jpg

You could do what I do and have it on all the time and leave it in the guitar cavity. Then I just use my volume control if I need to get a less-than-high-gain sound (because clean sounds are pretty much not possible with a J-50BC & JE-1000).

But if you do want to make the switch accessible, just MAKE SURE it's exactly where you want it, then take the drill bit and manually dig in a little "guide hole" so the drill won't fly across the nice finish of your guitar body. Then put the bit back in the drill, take a deep breath, and drill that hole, son! Apply enough pressure to do it in one fell swoop. That'll minimize the chances of rocking the bit, and getting an oblong hole.

Oh, and make sure there will be a hollow cavity behind the hole you're about to create. Maybe totally obvious, but a nice reminder I think.

I didnt like the rythm tone, but the solo tone was great.

I sold my ENGL Fireball btw and bought a 5150 head if anyone cares :p (now I got a 5150 combo and head :p)

WTF ? That's like the ultimate WRONG choice ! :lol:
I bought a Fireball because I can't get a good sound out of the 5150/6505 whatever you call it (also because everyone seems have it anyway) ...

ENGL ftw !!! :headbang: :kickass:

Well, actually I think i've decided on jsut sticking active pickups into my esp. I was going back and forth between the EMG-81 and the SD AHB-1 Blackout Bridge, however most of the shops/stores/people I asked said to go with the Seymour. Just curious, which do you guys recommend? Also, does anyone know the difference between the AHB-1 and the AHB-2? Just something I noticed while browsing the Seymour website. Why would I want one over the other?

Well, actually I think i've decided on jsut sticking active pickups into my esp. I was going back and forth between the EMG-81 and the SD AHB-1 Blackout Bridge, however most of the shops/stores/people I asked said to go with the Seymour. Just curious, which do you guys recommend? Also, does anyone know the difference between the AHB-1 and the AHB-2? Just something I noticed while browsing the Seymour website. Why would I want one over the other?

Well, people say that the Blackout is an improved EMG 81 (same gain, less noise and that stuff), so I would trust the stores. I'm happy with my 81 though. Sorry for not being too much help, but let's say that if I didn't have the 81 and I wanted an active pup I'd go for the Blackout.

Just guessing but, AHB-1 and AHB-2 is probably the Seymour Duncan equivalent of EMG's 81 and 85.

I didnt like the rythm tone, but the solo tone was great.

I sold my ENGL Fireball btw and bought a 5150 head if anyone cares :p (now I got a 5150 combo and head :p)

Good choice man, or well, i would go for something else than the 5150. But good riddance of the ENGL

Me messing around trying to practice a paul gilbert thing i learned by ear from one of Mitch's PG clinic videos

Also just found this video, of my old band, I need to start another band up, I miss doing shows!

Last edited by a moderator: