Guitar Player's Thread

Meh i would really like a Jackson Stars JS2P with white pinstripe and then chuck out the EMG HZ and put in Seymour duncan SH-4 and maybe try one of those MM04 boosters :lol:

on a high gain amp, boosters are almost overkill. especially with newer, higher gain pickups. boosters sound better with that older, low gain shit, like the j-50's

I generally don't see why anyone would want a booster... "TEH OMG GAIN ON 11!!!!!" tones sound like shit.

just kind of occurred to me while watching the hellhounds video, do any of you guys secure your cord to your belt behind your or something during a gig to keep it out of the way? I've always just kind of "flipped it" behind me with my pick hand during breaks, just to keep most of it in the same place.

on a high gain amp, boosters are almost overkill. especially with newer, higher gain pickups. boosters sound better with that older, low gain shit, like the j-50's
Yeah that could be...but like SH-4 of seymour duncan is not really high output and i think there are some even lower gainage pickups. My amp is pretty high gain though so you might be right. Still it could sound good with gain down to about noon and on the Classic/vintage channel.
I generally don't see why anyone would want a booster... "TEH OMG GAIN ON 11!!!!!" tones sound like shit.

If that was adressed to me then you obviously did not read my post too carefully:p Then again...maybe it wasn't. The only choice that would make me get a Gainboost is if i would get a Jackson Stars RR because leaving the hole empty or with the PA2 is like telling me to drill a hole in my RR24 and never use it. If i would get the Edwards E-AL-128 sawtooth i would never want a booster to go with it...i would slap in the Seymour duncan SH-5 without any further concideration...not only is it less fanboi than a EMG HZ but also less shitty sounding. Seymours passives sound great IMO:Smokin:

EDIT: Oh and when i had a EMG Afterburner on my previous LTD MMV just because of "OMG ALEX!!!111 mode" it was the biggest mistake of my life:lol: It sounded like shit....Still sounds like shit in my ears. So i get your point:p