Guitar Player's Thread

^Alright then cool cause mine has the made in germany stamped onthe other sied of the bridge at the bottom....but theres one problem you know the locking screws for the saddles to screw the blocks to press it agaisnt the string end the long black screw if not perpendcular to the saddle and the angle of the thread make the saddles angle sit damn low ???how can i fix it cause its the only one with that problem :) m/

Image073.jpg

*BUMP* :)

What you should look for is the "Made in Germany stamp" on the bottom of the Floyd.

On Schallers, there's a made in Germany text next to the whammy bar.

Those two bridges are what you should buy. Everything else is not so good.

Ive never seen a Made in Germany text on any OFRs equipped on guitars that are NOT schaller. On LTD MH-1000,H-1000,Alexi-600,Jackson Soloist Japan,my RR24...none of them has it. Only the "floyd rose" text at the side. Ive heard that they stopped stamping that Made In Germany text a while ago on FRs. Only thing my Floyd Rose has that ive noticed is the numbers 37 and Floyd Rose text.

...or have i just missed it?*takes a look* :p

It says "32" and under it "U.S Patent (some numbers)"

Ive never seen a Made in Germany text on any OFRs equipped on guitars that are NOT schaller. On LTD MH-1000,H-1000,Alexi-600,Jackson Soloist Japan,my RR24...none of them has it. Only the "floyd rose" text at the side. Ive heard that they stopped stamping that Made In Germany text a while ago on FRs. Only thing my Floyd Rose has that ive noticed is the numbers 37 and Floyd Rose text.

mine has the made in germany text on the bottom side of the OFR and its a large 37 on the centre of the tremolo block..how much is a new saddle ???

Right, i have a dilema, what guitar out of these shall I buy
-Ibanez RGT220Z Prestige
-Ibanez S2170 Prestige
-ESP SV Standard
-Jackson Stars J2SP with yellow bevels

I've tried out the ESP SV and liked it a lot, but i prefer the Jackson necks as they are flatter. I've yet to try the Ibanez guitars, but will do so, in the meantime, can anyone offer me an opinion?

dunno, looks like its drilled wrong. Buy a new saddle

+1. Shouldn't be too expensive.

Hehe, well...you don't have an OFR ;). They sure as hell didn't stop stamping them..I bought a brand new OFR for myself last week and it does have a OFR stamp..made in Germany by Schaller like all real OFRs....so does the one on my Jackson Stars RR Custom and one another that I bought used ;).

Frankly...you don't have an OFR. Also these guitars that you mentioned are all pretty much cheapos....they don't come with OFRs cause they are too expensive for them.

There's a chance that they are PING floyds, but without PING..made somewhere in China or thereabouts...no other explanation.

We've debated about these "OFRs" on RR24s, SL3s, etc before on few Jackson forums...I know what I'm talking.

This is how the real OFR looks on the bottom:
OFRchrome4.jpg

btw...on the front side it does say only Floyd Rose...made in Germany text is on the bottom...you have to take teh bridge out of the guitar to check. I don't know if you did that in all the guitars you mentioned....but I'm 99,9% that RR24 don't come with OFRs. Yeah, yeah....false advertising..but what can you do?

+1. Shouldn't be too expensive.

Hehe, well...you don't have an OFR ;). They sure as hell didn't stop stamping them..I bought a brand new OFR for myself last week and it does have a OFR stamp..made in Germany by Schaller like all real OFRs....so does the one on my Jackson Stars RR Custom and one another that I bought used ;).

Frankly...you don't have an OFR. Also these guitars that you mentioned are all pretty much cheapos....they don't come with OFRs cause they are too expensive for them.

There's a chance that they are PING floyds, but without PING..made somewhere in China or thereabouts...no other explanation.

We've debated about these "OFRs" on RR24s, SL3s, etc before on few Jackson forums...I know what I'm talking.

This is how the real OFR looks on the bottom:
OFRchrome4.jpg

btw...on the front side it does say only Floyd Rose...made in Germany text is on the bottom...you have to take teh bridge out of the guitar to check. I don't know if you did that in all the guitars you mentioned....but I'm 99,9% that RR24 don't come with OFRs. Yeah, yeah....false advertising..but what can you do?

haven't checked while its out tbh. Yeah well as long as it works allright i have no problem with it. I doubt its ping since the bottom plate does not look similar. It still stays in tune perfectly etc etc so it can't be a bad licensed. Whatever...as long as it stays in tune im happy :lol: Gonna have to swap it at some point i guess though. Are the edwards floyds REAL OFR though?

I'm not looking through pages to see if it's been posted before, especially in a thread that moves so fast, but has anyone mentioned or interested in the Roope and Henkka signature ESP guitars? I'm really anxious to see & play the Roope model.

I'm not looking through pages to see if it's been posted before, especially in a thread that moves so fast, but has anyone mentioned or interested in the Roope and Henkka signature ESP guitars? I'm really anxious to see & play the Roope model.

I am ,very hard to find a RS outside of a custo mshop, love to see a LTD or us ESP roope rs guitar

The ESP site sais "Roope’s models is a matte-finish grey random star with a reverse pointed headstock." I'm not too keen on that ACTUAL color, but the black and gold scheme he had on his Random Star was awesome, and the reversed pointed headstock is quite a bummer, because now it's probably going to look just like that GUS G model... The banana headstock was awesome.

^Way too many :erk:

The ESP site sais "Roope’s models is a matte-finish grey random star with a reverse pointed headstock." I'm not too keen on that ACTUAL color, but the black and gold scheme he had on his Random Star was awesome, and the reversed pointed headstock is quite a bummer, because now it's probably going to look just like that GUS G model... The banana headstock was awesome.

:kickass: I thought noone else liked the banana headstock. I really like this one:

Roope ESP grey reversed banana headstock