Guitar Player's Thread

care to give more detailed explanation? did you have any issues with it or is it just general opinion that many bitch about it over internet without real reason behind it?

Im with swabs on that one. The edge 3s ive played feel good they just dont hold the tune. They do have a overall cheaper feeling and don't look THAT sturdy. If it kept tune it would be nice though.

nigga pleaze. mine keeps PERFECTLY in tune.

They do if you don't use it alot. A bit too much flutter,whammy harmonics and its going out of tune. They are incredibly smooth though. Whatever :p I bet you want to know that i am planning on getting a Chameleon red xiphos this summer :kickass:

orcy_uk: Thanks man! Appreciate it. Yeah! I wish i would get my Nikon digicam back :( It had kickass sound quality.

maybe he uses his more.
True, I don't use mine everyday. Just once in a while.
They do if you don't use it alot. A bit too much flutter,whammy harmonics and its going out of tune. They are incredibly smooth though. Whatever :p I bet you want to know that i am planning on getting a Chameleon red xiphos this summer :kickass:

oh hell yeah! you're gonna love it :kickass:

but if you're not a fan of the Edge 3...are you gonna replace it?

I was thinking of seeing how long i could make it last and then swap it out for hte edge pro. I mean im not in the mood for another Rhoads at the moment so i might aswell try my hand at one :p I think they sound great. Does the strap placement bother you at all? I like the feel of EDGE 3 i just don't fancy the going-out-of-tune phase. I basically want a tremolo i could wank for a good while before going out of tune because i love doing whammy harmonics and flutter in solos :D Yeah and they look great too. You wouldn't happen to have pics of your one? Im interested in seeing the slightly sly paintjob that can fool you on pics.

i agree that the edge 3 is not top notch when it comes to the materials that its made out of but if you setup your guitar right it functions just fine like any other.
in fact ALL the trems have intonation problems if you don't set them up right.
and i state this on personal experience.

i agree that the edge 3 is not top notch when it comes to the materials that its made out of but if you setup your guitar right it functions just fine like any other.
in fact ALL the trems have intonation problems if you don't set them up right.
and i state this on personal experience.

True. Though the EDGE 3 i wanked on was setup. It just cant hold out the use i have for it. I mean im not herman li but i use it everyday surely and in my solos.

EDIT: I learned to set up floyd roses the hard way. After practicly ruining a licensed floyd rose by not knowing that you have to set it up. Luckily i was smarter when i got my jackson :lol:

care to give more detailed explanation? did you have any issues with it or is it just general opinion that many bitch about it over internet without real reason behind it?

It's stiff, it barely holds tune and when I've tried guitars with floyds roses, they've been easier to use. Why are you so uptight about someone wanting to replace their trem? Not to mention it's also a cosmetic thing of wanting gold hardware.

It's stiff, it barely holds tune and when I've tried guitars with floyds roses, they've been easier to use. Why are you so uptight about someone wanting to replace their trem? Not to mention it's also a cosmetic thing of wanting gold hardware.
just want to know your opinion and your experience. who knows maybe you would tell me something new that i didn't know

Guys, anyone who can recommend any pitch tuners/pedals?

I mean the ones which digitally changes the tuning on your guitar. I used to have a crappy Zoom pedal which could do it, but I sold it years ago and my POD X3 doesn't seem to have such a function. I need it when playing along with songs using different tunings. That way I don't have to have a guitar for every tuning/retune my guitar all the time. Is the BOSS PS-5 any good?

Well he said playing along so i was just assuming he meant practicing/jamming along with songs by computer :) So easiest to do that is the Key changer on sound card setups. Can't explain where because my computer is probably older.

yeah, but Ruins, you asked a valid question. Most people are sheep-- they'll read 5 reviews of ppl bitching about something (like the Edge 3) and then just start to agree with that opinion when they don't have much experience with the subject itself.

I was thinking of seeing how long i could make it last and then swap it out for hte edge pro. I mean im not in the mood for another Rhoads at the moment so i might aswell try my hand at one :p I think they sound great. Does the strap placement bother you at all? I like the feel of EDGE 3 i just don't fancy the going-out-of-tune phase. I basically want a tremolo i could wank for a good while before going out of tune because i love doing whammy harmonics and flutter in solos :D Yeah and they look great too. You wouldn't happen to have pics of your one? Im interested in seeing the slightly sly paintjob that can fool you on pics.

The strap placement will most definitely have to be changed. It bugs me a lot when I try to play standing up (extremely neck-heavy). But I only practice sitting down, and I'm not gigging or anything, so I haven't gotten mine fixed yet :p

And don't worry about the paint job...it's gorgeous. I've posted pics before, but i guess you didn't see. Here, hope this helps:

Guitar037.jpg

Guitar025.jpg

Guitar016.jpg

a pic from my phone, when I first got it, and you can still the chameleon effect
MyXiphos.jpg

That looks fucking awesome. Was the strapbutton change a big deal? Did you change place yourself? With what did you drill? Where exactly did you put it?

Awesome pics too! Thank you! The paintjob looks fuckin awesome yes.

EDIT: Oh shit yeah i didnt see the part where you said you havent doen it yet.

But how would i do it?:) where would i place it ?

No, I haven't done it yet, and I don't wanna do it by myself. you should definitely take it to a guitar guy or whatever, unless you're experienced with drilling and stuff.
Here, this should help:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah i really should. Don't know to whom...they are all n00bs in my local area so i would rather drill myself than go there. They would probably split the neck just by looking. That video did enlighten me though. Thanks :D