Guitar Player's Thread

Guys, anyone who can recommend any pitch tuners/pedals?

I mean the ones which digitally changes the tuning on your guitar. I used to have a crappy Zoom pedal which could do it, but I sold it years ago and my POD X3 doesn't seem to have such a function. I need it when playing along with songs using different tunings. That way I don't have to have a guitar for every tuning/retune my guitar all the time. Is the BOSS PS-5 any good?

The KORG PX3 does that. I borrowed one from my music teacher back in school and it was amazing. I went and bought the PX4 and it didn't have it. :erk:

Hey i was wondering. What happens if you put the strap button on the BACK of the upper horn rather than the side of it? Btw...my dad could probably do it for me since he knows alot of that shit how to drill wood and stuff. He doesn't know jack about guitars though. As long as i show him place to drill he will do it.

Why not use the key changer on your computer?:)

I don't know how to use it. Heck, I don't even know if my soundcard have that ability. If you somehow are able to explain how you do it, maybe it works with my soundcard as well because my computer is old too(2005). :)

The KORG PX3 does that. I borrowed one from my music teacher back in school and it was amazing. I went and bought the PX4 and it didn't have it. :erk:

That sucks. I dunno why it's not standard on all the multieffect pedals they make today, it surely should be.

Anyone tried the BOSS PS-5?

I can try to make tutorial tomorrow. It's very simple. You just have to find SOUND MANAGER from your system tray by right-clicking some icon. the Key thing is usually called Key/Karaoke or Pitch and it has a 0 as default but can go from -4 to +4 so if you are tuned to Drop C and want to play a song that is in Drop B then you put it on +1. +1=One whole step up. -1=One whole step down.

It's an Edge 3 :erk: It's terrible.

I don't know what do you have against it. I have one and it works great. Of course it's not an OFR but it keeps the thing in tune quite reasonably for the price and I DO use the whammy bar quite a lot.

Im with swabs on that one. The edge 3s ive played feel good they just dont hold the tune. They do have a overall cheaper feeling and don't look THAT sturdy. If it kept tune it would be nice though.

Dude, you've tried one set up during an evening and played then. I have one for more than a year and a half and for me it works perfectly even now after that much time and strings change. And I do a lot of squeals/dive bombs/etc.

nigga pleaze. mine keeps PERFECTLY in tune.

So does mine. Now sheeps, we're two saying that, follow us, :lol::lol::lol:

i wonder how bad my FR really is? Hasn't crapped out/started going out of tune so it must be one that is not THAT bad.

EDIT: I just noticed how hot i think Xiphos are. I was thinking of getting one and a Edge Pro tremolo system. Nay or aye? I just love ibanez necks...my only concnern to this point is the placing of the strapbuttons. Is that hard work/damage-risky to move? What would i put onto the hole that is already there?:lol:

Edge 3 do not feel that bad...not that sturdy but the one i tried was setup properly but did not keep tune well at all and i am a tremolo wanker.

dude idk. my friend just got one and it wasnt amazing. the neck was way different to me, because it's flat and very thin. ulike my alexi. but i was not impressed with the edge 3. very cheap looking/and it went out of tune all the time. idk not the greatest guitar but good for a backup i suppose. i know my next will be a ESP M-II deluxe

That looks fucking awesome. Was the strapbutton change a big deal? Did you change place yourself? With what did you drill? Where exactly did you put it?

Awesome pics too! Thank you! The paintjob looks fuckin awesome yes.

EDIT: Oh shit yeah i didnt see the part where you said you havent doen it yet.

But how would i do it?:) where would i place it ?

it's not that hard, you can easily do it yourself.

Ibanez neck pwns ESP necks dude. They're a dream to play. Thin, light, well made and, in the neck joint, a great acess to the upper frets. Of course that's IMO, but I don't like fat necks.

thats taste lol. I like both Ibanez and ESP necks. I especially like the satin finish ESP necks, god they feel so awesome

Well IMO, the neck on both my Horizon and M-II ESPs pwn both my Ibanez guitars. But it's a matter of taste, I used to think "thinner is better" when it comes to necks, but have changed opinion. But I have huge hands, maybe if I had small hands I would prefer otherwise.

M-II is a very good guitar. Tried one a few months back and i liked it a lot, but personally ive gone more into Horizons now! But not with pointy headstock, booooo pointy headstock on horizon. Looks baw

@SomeoneWild: Photobucket IMO.

Oh god :lol: I understand why you dont like those :p

Also, have you sold the 81?

Nope :D I decided I wouldn't drill a hole in my guitar in case I regreted it later, so I'm still stuck with the 81 until I find a solution for my ''more volume for solos while playing live without tweaking the amp'' thing.

This May 3rd I have a gig which I'll play with no volume boost, just guitar into amp and same sound and volume level for everything. Then I've got studio recordings for first demo and then I might give it a go again. If I decide o get rid of the 81 I'll tell you in case you're interested, don't worry.

M-II is a very good guitar. Tried one a few months back and i liked it a lot, but personally ive gone more into Horizons now! But not with pointy headstock, booooo pointy headstock on horizon. Looks baw

Actually I'm probably selling my Horizon, and the pointy headstock is what I like about it :p

Only thing I'm not too keen on with my ESP M-II is the reversed headstock, I used to hate reversed headstocks, now I think they're ok. I loved everything else about the M-II though, so I got it. It's really great.

@SomeoneWild: Photobucket IMO.

Nope :D I decided I wouldn't drill a hole in my guitar in case I regreted it later, so I'm still stuck with the 81 until I find a solution for my ''more volume for solos while playing live without tweaking the amp'' thing.

This May 3rd I have a gig which I'll play with no volume boost, just guitar into amp and same sound and volume level for everything. Then I've got studio recordings for first demo and then I might give it a go again. If I decide o get rid of the 81 I'll tell you in case you're interested, don't worry.

Hmm. You should get a guitar amp with several channels lol. Rythm and lead! But dont get anything like my amp (Crate GT3500H), as the lead channel sucks huge balls. Not that the other ones are amazing either, but it does the job. barely.

And yeah i'm interested, but theres no fire, so whenever you want to get rid of it, send me a PM/Mail/something and we'll talk :)