Guitar Player's Thread

Hey i was wondering. What happens if you put the strap button on the BACK of the upper horn rather than the side of it?

Then it would be in the same place and would make no difference. The problem is that that its on the back of the horn :lol:

I'm going to save for one of those new Bugera heads + 2x12 cab.

But my next paycheque is going on pimping the shit out my Ibanez. Man I cant wait.

The idea being that my Washburn with it's Mahogany body, set neck, string-thru setup and EMG pickups will be sort of the "Death Metal" guitar.

While the Ibanez that is bolt on, has a basswood body, will have Dimarzio pickups (the Air Norton and a Steve's Special for the "OMGOMGMPETRUCCIOMG" effect) and a tremelo. Is the more shreddy "Power Metal" guitar.

:lol: I wanted to get a Bugera first (which is what I'll get if I can't afford the rack stuff), but if I can I'll go directly to the rack stuff as I already have a 4x12 cab and a Randall head (which is half tubes half not, reason why I change it, I want full tube system for heavy distorted sound for live gigs, as I'm the only guitar in my band and we do thrash metal).

I'm going to save for one of those new Bugera heads + 2x12 cab.

But my next paycheque is going on pimping the shit out my Ibanez. Man I cant wait.

The idea being that my Washburn with it's Mahogany body, set neck, string-thru setup and EMG pickups will be sort of the "Death Metal" guitar.

While the Ibanez that is bolt on, has a basswood body, will have Dimarzio pickups (the Air Norton and a Steve's Special for the "OMGOMGMPETRUCCIOMG" effect) and a tremelo. Is the more shreddy "Power Metal" guitar.

This has nothing to do with your quote (other than go for dimarzio :cool: !)

But i remembered that you listened to Ayreon aswell, and i can't be bothered to bring up that thread that hardly anyone posted in anyways. I've been listening to the album almost non-stop since it's release, it's incredible how versatile it is, and i have to say Jorn Lande is my favorite from the album, possibly my all time favorite.

Anyone who's heard 01 is welcome to pitch in :D

:lol: I wanted to get a Bugera first (which is what I'll get if I can't afford the rack stuff), but if I can I'll go directly to the rack stuff as I already have a 4x12 cab and a Randall head (which is half tubes half not, reason why I change it, I want full tube system for heavy distorted sound for live gigs, as I'm the only guitar in my band and we do thrash metal).

dude you don't want to go rack IMO. theres to many variables. and espeically for live stuff its a hassle to have everything. but w/e. and getting engl rack shit, it would be simpler to get a really nice head

This has nothing to do with your quote (other than go for dimarzio :cool: !)

But i remembered that you listened to Ayreon aswell, and i can't be bothered to bring up that thread that hardly anyone posted in anyways. I've been listening to the album almost non-stop since it's release, it's incredible how versatile it is, and i have to say Jorn Lande is my favorite from the album, possibly my all time favorite.

Anyone who's heard 01 is welcome to pitch in :D

Aye, that album mindblowingly good. Even moreso when you know about the concept and the storyline.

Arjen Lucassen is a musical genius imo.

Aye, that album mindblowingly good. Even moreso when you know about the concept and the storyline.

Arjen Lucassen is a musical genius imo.

Have you watched the DVD?

It's one youtube if you haven't, cool stuff.

[ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=uhUDUcFkb6w&feature=related[/ame]

Yah I bought the Limited Edition 01011001 with the DVD 'tis awesome.

Have you heard any "Allen Lande" stuff? It's pretty good, mainly because it's Russel Allen and Jorn Lande singing on the same songs :p

I have to say though, the main reason I ever got into Ayreon was because of Hansi Kursch, anything that has him on, I will love :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, Hansi Kursch is crazy on some parts, it was the only voice i recognized because i had listened to his samples before the release, my favorite part of his is quite short, but amazing. It's at 10:20 on The Sixth Extinction.

Russel Allen is also one of my favorite singers, but it still takes some amazing music to make me want to listen to a song. I think Jorn would fit a band like Symphony X.

Yeah, Hansi Kursch is crazy on some parts, it was the only voice i recognized because i had listened to his samples before the release, my favorite part of his is quite short, but amazing. It's at 10:20 on The Sixth Extinction.

You mean the "DO YOU HEAR THEM CRYYING?" part? Because I absolutley love that part.

But my favourite Hansi part has to be in River of Time. I just think his voice fits the sort of folk style perfectly.

You mean the "DO YOU HEAR THEM CRYYING?" part? Because I absolutley love that part.

No, it's the climatic end with the most awesome power metallness ever, where Hansi sings "Send back visions, Into the past,Of war and decay".

Daniel Gildenlow and Steve Lee are also awesome in the same part some seconds later.

But my favourite Hansi part has to be in River of Time. I just think his voice fits the sort of folk style perfectly.

Yeah, i agree, even though his voice is awesome there, i don't really like that song that much.

No, it's the climatic end with the most awesome power metallness ever, where Hansi sings "Send back visions, Into the past,Of war and decay".

Daniel Gildenlow and Steve Lee are also awesome in the same part some seconds later.

Yeah, i agree, even though his voice is awesome there, i don't really like that song that much.

Oh yeah yeah, I know the bit... Actually I'm gonna put the album on now :lol:

dude you don't want to go rack IMO. theres to many variables. and espeically for live stuff its a hassle to have everything. but w/e. and getting engl rack shit, it would be simpler to get a really nice head

Well may be, but a rack allows me to switch easily through preamps and poweramps and to insert other things in there too and they are, because of that, hell of a lot more versatile. I've tried a head, now it's time for a rack if I can afford it. If not, Bugera until I can, :lol: But not more Randall after this summer, I'm tired of it, doesn't sound enough balls IMO. I mean I have the gain at full and I still feel a bit more would help, :lol:

Hey i was wondering. What happens if you put the strap button on the BACK of the upper horn rather than the side of it? Btw...my dad could probably do it for me since he knows alot of that shit how to drill wood and stuff. He doesn't know jack about guitars though. As long as i show him place to drill he will do it.

umm...on the back of the upper horn is where Ibanez has put it by default :lol: so that's the problem.

Ibanez neck pwns ESP necks dude. They're a dream to play. Thin, light, well made and, in the neck joint, a great acess to the upper frets. Of course that's IMO, but I don't like fat necks.

agreed :kickass: the only neck that felt better than my xiphos was the Ibanez Geiger, which I tried out about a year ago.

my blackouts kick ass! just in case anyone was wondering.

on another note, i finally solved my pinch harmonic problem. my action was way too low :cry:

however, now my floyd sits up like a motherfucker. will levelling the bridge fuck with my intonation? and how do i get a screwdriver short enough to fit in there?

Well may be, but a rack allows me to switch easily through preamps and poweramps and to insert other things in there too and they are, because of that, hell of a lot more versatile. I've tried a head, now it's time for a rack if I can afford it. If not, Bugera until I can, :lol: But not more Randall after this summer, I'm tired of it, doesn't sound enough balls IMO. I mean I have the gain at full and I still feel a bit more would help, :lol:

Rack stuff is sweet for the versatility of stuff but it weighs a TON for some reason,

I'm using a smaller 4 space rack right now and with just the pre-amp and tube power amp it weighs at least 80 pounds. like More than my 4x12 cab somehow.

yeah, but Ruins, you asked a valid question. Most people are sheep-- they'll read 5 reviews of ppl bitching about something (like the Edge 3) and then just start to agree with that opinion when they don't have much experience with the subject itself.

The strap placement will most definitely have to be changed. It bugs me a lot when I try to play standing up (extremely neck-heavy). But I only practice sitting down, and I'm not gigging or anything, so I haven't gotten mine fixed yet

And don't worry about the paint job...it's gorgeous. I've posted pics before, but i guess you didn't see. Here, hope this helps:

Guitar037.jpg

Guitar025.jpg

Guitar016.jpg

whats with the beretta?