Guitar Player's Thread

lol so mitch I went back and saw one of your old recordings and I really liked it so I used my crappy vocals and made a song with it called " Grilled Cheese" its about making grilled cheese, tomoato soup and screaming hot dogs at the end I was just doing it fo fun,:lol: , send me the song and mabye I can make it better,lol
http://www.sendspace.com/file/y6cf6p
Lyrics
Get the toast and put it in the toaster
then put in the cheese
put the butter on the pan and watch it bubble (ehhhhhhhhhhh)
then put the butter on the bread, put the cheese inside
watch it sizzle on the pan as its waiting for its ________?
Flip it over when its burnt golden on both sides
Take it out the pan, now it's ready to eat______________?
_________________________________?
eat some tomato soup now!
________________________________?
_______________________________?
The sandwhich is gone you have had your fill
save for another day
________________________?
what will you have? Hot dogs,Hot dogs, HOT DOGS, HOT DOGS !!!!!
Kechtup, mustard
Hot......................................DOOOOOOOGGGGGSSS

Thanks guys (well technically, thanks guy and gal. ;))

Oh no, Warheart is at it again. What? Oh right, recording more incomplete clips of songs? Yup. :p

Well I did a few but here's 2 that I've uploaded to my soundclick fing.

Mount Fuji Christmas by Paul Gilbert
"The New Song" by Metallica.

The PG one might sound a bit weird. I originally planned on just doing one track in the centre but I ended up recording 2 of the same thing so I just used both so they might not fit together 100% and they're probably not perfect, I haven't slept in quite a while so I'm all like, weeeee. o_O

EDIT: I recorded a tapping version of Paul Gilbert's Get Out Of My Yard too.

It's on my soundclick if anyone's interested.

Finally!

Sounds awesome! I really dig the GOoMY intro tapping thing. Sounds cool so I might do my own version of it. :kickass: :D

Warheart, about your right hand Gilbert thing, I see Michael Romeo resting his fingers on the body, and it does not look at all like he is scrunching up or anything, he fucking shreds, even on the E string. So obviously, Alexi is doing something else to limit his playing.

no one likes my song :lol:

dude i actually really like yer vocals. good job. but yeah that's a pretty crappy recording. but dude, if you get some serious lyrics in there it could be a pretty cool song. you did a good vocal track to mitch's song.

mitch, did you write that yourself? i don't recognize the song.

Okay, this fucking forum fucks the fuck up when I try and do that shitty multi quote on you motherfuckers so I'm just going to do it like this in(fucking)stead.

Corny: Well I don't have anything else to do so I might aswell dedicate my time to doing something creative, I chose practising guitar. :)

Conti: :lol: Dude!! I don't know what the inspiration for those lyrics was but it's pretty awesome. HERE'S the actual recording if you wanna re-do it with better quality. Btw, this was the first thing I ever recorded with Cool Edit Pro so I didn't know about mixing, peaking/clipping/editing/effects etc. All I knew was volume and pan so it's not the best sounding thing.

Epi: I reckon you should do a sweep version of it, that'd be awesome. You'd get a larger range that way too.

Bucketbanger9000: Yeah, Alexi's technique is far from great nowadays. I'm really suprised he can still do most of the stuff he does because of the way he scrunches up his hand when he plays fast. As I've said to you before, that's exactly how I used to do it and even though I could play much faster, I wanted to change because it felt weird and my technique wasn't consistent that way. Michael Romeo has obviously spent more time controlling his because Laiho was doing that weird hand thing back in at least 2001.

Corny's comment after is so true. This whole "I'm gna party my ass off after this show and wake up with a hangover" attitude really has to stop if he wants to carry on being a respected guitarist/musician imo.

umosay: Cool stuff. I don't know the song too well but that sounded pretty good. Maybe a proper audio recording would do your playing more justice though. :kickass:

Mystique: That is a song I wrote yeah. I came up with the riff a while ago and just had it sitting there doing nothing and so when I was told to write and record 2 songs for a composition essay back when I was in college, I just finished that off because I liked it. It's the last song (2nd page) on my soundclick thing.

inhe: That was cool, sounded like a Wintersun riff or something. It's a bit ghey that it's all panned to the right though so it's a bit hard to hear it all properly :erk:

Epi: I reckon you should do a sweep version of it, that'd be awesome. You'd get a larger range that way too.

No way am I good enough to pull that off. :D Plus, atm I'm kinda losing my nerves with practising stuff so I think I'll be taking a little break for a while. :cool:

Bucketbanger9000: Yeah, Alexi's technique is far from great nowadays. I'm really suprised he can still do most of the stuff he does because of the way he scrunches up his hand when he plays fast. As I've said to you before, that's exactly how I used to do it and even though I could play much faster, I wanted to change because it felt weird and my technique wasn't consistent that way. Michael Romeo has obviously spent more time controlling his because Laiho was doing that weird hand thing back in at least 2001.

Yeah, but the way I do it, is only my pinky is touching the body, and its not touching the E string or the bridge pickup, it is touching the body, but it is semetrical to in between the pickups, kinda like how Kris Norris picks.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aCal_cd_Kw
Now Laiho tends to pick with his pinky AND ring finger resting on the body.
I tried picking the Paul Gilbert way, and it feels like I am dragging a rock or something.

Epi said:
No way am I good enough to pull that off. Plus, atm I'm kinda losing my nerves with practising stuff so I think I'll be taking a little break for a while.

I'm already there, I haven't practised properly for long periods of time in about 2 years. :erk:

BucketBanger9000 said:
Yeah, but the way I do it, is only my pinky is touching the body, and its not touching the E string or the bridge pickup, it is touching the body, but it is semetrical to in between the pickups, kinda like how Kris Norris picks.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aCal...elated&search=
Now Laiho tends to pick with his pinky AND ring finger resting on the body.
I tried picking the Paul Gilbert way, and it feels like I am dragging a rock or something.

That's fair enough but if you're going to do that, make sure you KEEP it that way 100% of the time. Don't change when you speed up and play fast licks. If you do, then you're going too fast too soon and it'll be hard to replicate at other times because you're having to "tense" up to get there.

And here's something I did earlier. :D

http://www.sendspace.com/file/rwrk7r

sounds awesome i like the sound of the drums great work.
did you record it with mic or line ?

Corny's comment after is so true. This whole "I'm gna party my ass off after this show and wake up with a hangover" attitude really has to stop if he wants to carry on being a respected guitarist/musician imo.
this is something he had to do fucking long time ago, maybe hate crew wouldnt suck so much. we are witnecing his downfall for quite few years now :erk:
i just wonder how hard he has to fall/suck to see it

Conti: :lol: Dude!! I don't know what the inspiration for those lyrics was but it's pretty awesome. HERE'S the actual recording if you wanna re-do it with better quality. Btw, this was the first thing I ever recorded with Cool Edit Pro so I didn't know about mixing, peaking/clipping/editing/effects etc. All I knew was volume and pan so it's not the best sounding thing.[\Quote]

lol i'm glad you like it, you should create like three other death metal songs so we can have an EP lol.

That's fair enough but if you're going to do that, make sure you KEEP it that way 100% of the time. Don't change when you speed up and play fast licks. If you do, then you're going too fast too soon and it'll be hard to replicate at other times because you're having to "tense" up to get there.

I am just having second thoughts about the paul gilbert picking. Will it truely be more accurate?