Guitar Player's Thread

Please! Can someone sendspace it or upload it or whatever for me in mp3 or wma or some format? The Soundclick archive just gets to dave100's and thew download link doesn't work further than half of Ihne's solo for me. HELP PLEASE!!! I've been waiting for this Jam so fucking long! :erk:

@ Altitudes, me and Kaga were talking, and we think you really need to join a band or something. how long have you played for? you did an awesome job.

I've been playing for about 3 1/2 years. I've tried to organize a band but there are too many factors that are holding me back, mainly myself. I don't have a job anymore and all I have is a 15 watt Fender amp and before that a $100 Les Paul copy. Also, I can't find any good musicians or anyone who plays something either than metalcore/hardcore bullshit.

┼Victim of the Night┼;7182999 said:
Ah well, Opeth doesn't do anything for me but... but Blind Guardian is f**king awesome!!! One of my favourite bands, forevaaaa! :Smokin:

It seems like Opeth would be everything YOU would love, honestly! Of course, I can't force it on you :)

┼Victim of the Night┼;7182999 said:
@Conti and Mick: hey, great solos guys... and Mick, don't dare saying "LOL don't expect Jason Becker LOL" anymore, cuz we won't believe you, liarrrr!!! :mad: ...:)

:oops:

Please! Can someone sendspace it or upload it or whatever for me in mp3 or wma or some format? The Soundclick archive just gets to dave100's and thew download link doesn't work further than half of Ihne's solo for me. HELP PLEASE!!! I've been waiting for this Jam so fucking long! :erk:

Right click target.

Thanks a lot Eli (via pm), Inhe and Nick (via msn), thanks a lot for the quick response and the help.

@Mitch: cool job dude, just I had bad luck with the BT's and that's it, I'll check it better next time, I just used the normal BT for this, and for what I hear seems that you re-recorded it for the Jam, so this plus the mp3 and WAVE thing can easily be the reason. I have the solo in WAVE if I remember right, so if I find it I can send it to you and you can try if it fits better.

I feel a bit embarrassed by so that I'm posting here my solo alone with the BT on the net if anyone wants to check it: COB Forum Jam 4 coCOB

I dunno about the heavy metal stuff with growling but it seems like you would enjoy the singing along with the acoustic instruments. Listen to the Damnation album with headphones. I can't guaranty you will love them but you should at least give them a shot.

Yeah i'm still amazed by altitudes solo, You made yourself sound shit but the jam proved you are nothing but!

I've been playing for about 3 1/2 years. I've tried to organize a band but there are too many factors that are holding me back, mainly myself. I don't have a job anymore and all I have is a 15 watt Fender amp and before that a $100 Les Paul copy. Also, I can't find any good musicians or anyone who plays something either than metalcore/hardcore bullshit.

In one of my first bands I used a 10 watt and still rocked.:lol:

Imo, join/form anything you can for now to get some good band/gig experience regardless to the style until you find something you truely want.:kickass:

^True. Although I'm quite lucky that second time I tried to get a band it worked good :kickass: We have gigs (next one May 3rd), we have stable lineup and we're recording our first demo atm. Of course chances to get anywhere are close to -10000000000, but it's still loads of fun and some people likes us, because last gig we got to fill the venue, so it's not 5 of our friends that were bored at home, :lol: Band is fun, and the parties after rehearshing are even better! :lol: My most epic drunk stories have been after drinking hard after rehearshing. Besides, usually you get on really well with those few people you play with, and you get a level of friendship quite cool and not usual. I mean, I can do stuff with other friends, but with my 3 bandmates (specialy with bassist and drummer, who were in the band since the begginigs, singer's been just half a year or so) it's different cos we spend that much time together that we know really well how each other is and there's this ocasions when there's no need to talk, it's just natural, :lol:

Definitely playing in a band is really cool, even if you play no shows or 4 each year, rehearshing and partying and getting along with your bandmates rocks :kickass: I highly recommend it, and even more to people like you who can play really good. You must take this abilities further than your bedroom and the interwebz, :lol:

I jam with my buddies often but they got their own blues-based band going so I don't want to interfere with that. Quite frankly, I like organizing things myself and writing the music, although I can't sing or play drums :lol:

so this is what i hope my rig will look like by the end of the year...my "interfriend" has everything that im getting and hes given me huge reviews about everything and it sounds/looks amazing. and the reason for the rack gear is to color the tone and i really need effects as well. and you cant go wrong with a noise gate

CIMG0764.jpg

CIMG0763.jpg

Can anyone pm the latest version of GP to me? That would be greatly appreciated. I hate it when that message pops up saying, "To open this file, please update your Guitar Pro software."

EDIT- I installed GP version 5.2, is this the latest version?

so this is what i hope my rig will look like by the end of the year...my "interfriend" has everything that im getting and hes given me huge reviews about everything and it sounds/looks amazing. and the reason for the rack gear is to color the tone and i really need effects as well. and you cant go wrong with a noise gate

CIMG0764.jpg

CIMG0763.jpg

Don't you dare ruin that ENGL with a sonic maximizer.

well it seems overkill...but tis not sir :) besides i will never need anything else after that...for like 2 months :lol: no, but i really will not get anything ampwise after that until after im out of high school for sure, and thats a while. and i probably wont get much in college because of space etc. so ill be set for years.