Guitar Player's Thread

Because they blow ass.

Yea seriously they will ruin your engl's tone, don't believe the BS that people tell you about it, It will make your amp sound like a digital harsh piece of shit and suck out all the balls and girth of it, but don't believe me either Im just another random dude on the internet lol

well since ill be playing it at low levels usually i really want it to color my tone without blowing the tubes.
Im not following, At all. Are you talking about how you wont be able to crank the amp up to get powertube saturation?

Hey guys I was hoping to have some input here. I have an edwards v and I really dislike the sound of the EMG 81 thats in it. Can you guys make some recommendations on a pickup (preferably passive) that would work well by itself in the guitar? Something with high output and gain and all that stuff, not too chunky, really clear, with good mids and that would work well for soloing too. One of my favorite guitar tones is Jari's off of Iron (a good example is the beginning of Slayer of Light). I know it really depends on what the guitar runs through of course, but thats a tone I really like. So yea any tips would be great:) One pup that was recommended to me was the Seymour Duncan JB. Any thoughts?

yeah i've heard some things like that...i dont know. thats the thing that i would take out of the rack stuff. judging on how much ill be spending ill probably just get the power conditioner and the tc g-major, it depends how bad the feedback is on the savage to know if i need the ISP

postjump

Hey guys I was hoping to have some input here. I have an edwards v and I really dislike the sound of the EMG 81 thats in it. Can you guys make some recommendations on a pickup (preferably passive) that would work well by itself in the guitar? Something with high output and gain and all that stuff, not too chunky, really clear, with good mids and that would work well for soloing too. One of my favorite guitar tones is Jari's off of Iron (a good example is the beginning of Slayer of Light). I know it really depends on what the guitar runs through of course, but thats a tone I really like. So yea any tips would be great:) One pup that was recommended to me was the Seymour Duncan JB. Any thoughts?

Dimarzio Evoloution, look into those, My jackson came with the Duncan JB and i found it to be kind of thin and trebley sounding

yeah i've heard some things like that...i dont know. thats the thing that i would take out of the rack stuff. judging on how much ill be spending ill probably just get the power conditioner and the tc g-major, it depends how bad the feedback is on the savage to know if i need the ISP

postjump

If your not playing at very loud volumes i don't think you'd have a big feedback issue, but i hear amazing thing about the ISP's so it wouldn't hurt to have it

evo's are in jems right? yea i found them sounds pretty good. especially considering ive only played them at a guitar center throught a shitty amp, i bet they would rip throught shit if played through a nice tube setup.

Bingo...
l_205e20ffe2a15240937d3d6c62b23b11.jpg

Bango...
l_c24342309438575f912796882d81c315.jpg

I'm a bit disappointed in the Roope signature. I wish it was the black with gold hardware and the banana headstock. I'd probably end up buying that one.

holy shit. I've had a fever lately and i woke up with pain in my ear this morning. now i have been hearing fine all day but about 10 minutes ago my right ear has been hearing things slower and flatter so everything sounds disgusting. Seriously i'm shitting myself things only sound normal when i listen out my left. Anyone heard of this before?

guitar pro question: I can't seem to export into ASCII format. when i hit file>export>ascii it doesn't even do anything. as far as i can tell, no file was even created. Can anyone help me with this?

holy shit. I've had a fever lately and i woke up with pain in my ear this morning. now i have been hearing fine all day but about 10 minutes ago my right ear has been hearing things slower and flatter so everything sounds disgusting. Seriously i'm shitting myself things only sound normal when i listen out my left. Anyone heard of this before?

Not sure why this is in the Guitar Player's Thread of COBOT, but it sounds like an ear infection. From the sounds of it, I recommend seeing a doctor. With something as important as your ears, you don't want to cause any permanent damage to your eardrum. Otherwise, try a couple drops of onion or garlic juice in your right ear. And other sensible things that will drain crap out of your ear, such as lying down with your right ear facing downward pressed onto a cloth or something. If it is serious you really should be seeing a doctor though.

guitar pro question: I can't seem to export into ASCII format. when i hit file>export>ascii it doesn't even do anything. as far as i can tell, no file was even created. Can anyone help me with this?

I think that only works if you're using RSE..I've never gotten it to import acsii, I just get a midi and convert it with another program.

Edit: Yeah that sounds like an ear infection, I had a really bad one the other week where my hearing was mostly blocked and the pain was so bad I could hardly concentrate enough to hold a conversation. Surprisingly, the entire thing cleared in like 2 hours. If you take a couple aspirin or whatever and sit it out you'll be fine soon.

Not sure why this is in the Guitar Player's Thread of COBOT, but it sounds like an ear infection. From the sounds of it, I recommend seeing a doctor. With something as important as your ears, you don't want to cause any permanent damage to your eardrum. Otherwise, try a couple drops of onion or garlic juice in your right ear. And other sensible things that will drain crap out of your ear, such as lying down with your right ear facing downward pressed onto a cloth or something. If it is serious you really should be seeing a doctor though.

Yeah i should.
I put this in the guitarplayers thread because i was playing guitar and then i started thinking my floyd was fucked because everything was out of tune. Then for some reason i couldn't tune it i wasn't picking it up properly. Then i heard the beginning of blooddrunk and it was all drony.

You didn't really need to say you downloaded it, you could have just said Kalmah's new album is awesome... but yes, i agree.

Especially songs 2,5,6,7

oh sorry,

I meant to say I illegally obtained a digital copy of Kalmah's new album that was intended for promotional purposes and didn't belong to me.

well it seems overkill...but tis not sir :) besides i will never need anything else after that...for like 2 months :lol: no, but i really will not get anything ampwise after that until after im out of high school for sure, and thats a while. and i probably wont get much in college because of space etc. so ill be set for years.

You get that while i am stuck with a Randall that has been in service half of its belonging time to me?:lol: God hates me! Well its on its way now so i should be happy. Congratz on that but i still say thats more than half of the stuff you would need. About the noisegate: If the savage is anywhere as little noisy as my randall you probably wont need one. Even at high levels and with OD engaged my Randall has just some really low hiss when other amps might start to get whiney feedback. At home i usually dont get much feedback at all if you exclude the computer monitor disturbance.

Btw Zack...do you have your EMG HZ in your alexi-600 still? if so..why?:lol: Maybe you like it..i dunno.

I love Seymour Duncans. I might be dropping in for a SH-5 sometime. JB is great.