Guitar Player's Thread

that one is shit
22 frets, bolt on neck
dunno the specs but i don't expect the wood and the pickups to be good
and never liked the shape and the headstock anyway

I can see from here that the pickups are Seymour Duncans.

Not to mention what the fuck is wrong with bolt on? Don't give me the "lololol neck thru has more sustain" bullshit because.... John Petrucci, Steve Vai, Paul Gilbert, Yngwie Malmsteen and Joe Satriani show it's more in the pickups/amp setup than anything else.

What's wrong with this one?
rs_m_bk_.jpg

Wow, this one looks cool actually, i wouldn't mind this one!

I can see from here that the pickups are Seymour Duncans.

Not to mention what the fuck is wrong with bolt on? Don't give me the "lololol neck thru has more sustain" bullshit because.... John Petrucci, Steve Vai, Paul Gilbert, Yngwie Malmsteen and Joe Satriani show it's more in the pickups/amp setup than anything else.

It's so marginal that it's practically unnoticable. Still, didn't you use to be all "i neeeeed neck thru!" ?

Yeah because you've played "all other bolt on guitars" :lol::rolleyes:

That was a little unnecessary imo, even though i agree with what you're trying to say :p

Wow, this one looks cool actually, i wouldn't mind this one!

It's so marginal that it's practically unnoticable. Still, didn't you use to be all "i neeeeed neck thru!" ?

That was a little unnecessary imo, even though i agree with what you're trying to say :p

I used to be all "I need neck thru!" As I wanted to buy a set-neck or neck through guitar at the time because I already had a bolt-on guitar :lol:

Meh, this thread is just starting to piss me off. First it was the "all washburns are shit" bollocks. Now its the turn for bolt on guitars to take a beating.

Hell, all this thread needs now is for someone to come in and say "ALL GUITARS OTHER THAN THE ESP ALEXI MODEL ARE SHIT"

Meh, this thread is just starting to piss me off. First it was the "all washburns are shit" bollocks. Now its the turn for bolt on guitars to take a beating.

Hell, all this thread needs now is for someone to come in and say "ALL GUITARS OTHER THAN THE ESP ALEXI MODEL ARE SHIT"

True, though.

:lol:

So how's your ear? Did you go deaf like Beethoven?

Well i started listening to music today and the good thing is the pitch is restored, :kickass:. But it is still quieter in one ear but that is because fluid is still inside.
thanks for your concern anyway. I didn't get to play guitar basically all day yesterday , so lots of playing today :kickass:

I couldn't help thinking yesterday that what if it stays like this :zombie: that would ruin my life.
Oh and listening to music is so much better now!

^ If they got rid of the xbox and halo logos then that blue finish underneath would be totally kickass.

EDIT 1: About the Xiphos, dunno if you'll agree, but for me the coolest Xiphos I've seen are Muhamed's one and Dino Cazares' one. They are so damn sexy, :lol:

EDIT 2: Blood On Your Hands intro riffs uploading atm. As I have my guitar in D there's no BT, just my guitar. It's not perfect and there's too much palm mute I think, but I can't record or play more atm, there's people sleeping here, :lol: The first riff is a really tricky one, :kickass:

Yeah because you've played "all other bolt on guitars" :lol::rolleyes:

No, you're right on that one, but just look at the pic of the guitar and compare it to the ones all the guitarists you listed (besides Yngwie, who IMO is a fucking dumbass and too much ego and has a really shitty tone BTW). All their guitars are bolt on but with good finish (they're bolt on but it's a neat union, rounded and made thinner for better access to last frets), the one that he posted is like two pieces of wood put together with 4 screws, it's a huge block of wood that makes it a lot more difficult to get down there. Which leds me to...

... say that I have nothing agains the bolt on construction, IF it's done properly and you don't have a huge amount of wood between you and the last frets (all Ibanez, all Caparison, and some other models, but not a lot more). F.e. Fender and BcRich bolt on constructions suck IMO, cos they leave a huge amount of wood there instead of making it thinner and more comfortable like Ibanez (yes, I love Ibanez and for me their bolt on construction is the best on this world by far, :lol:).

You get that while i am stuck with a Randall that has been in service half of its belonging time to me?:lol: God hates me! Well its on its way now so i should be happy. Congratz on that but i still say thats more than half of the stuff you would need. About the noisegate: If the savage is anywhere as little noisy as my randall you probably wont need one. Even at high levels and with OD engaged my Randall has just some really low hiss when other amps might start to get whiney feedback. At home i usually dont get much feedback at all if you exclude the computer monitor disturbance.

Btw Zack...do you have your EMG HZ in your alexi-600 still? if so..why?:lol: Maybe you like it..i dunno.

:lol: honestly i like the HZ compared to an 81 its the same, but the 81 obviously has more punch. for what i need its perfect, and i dont have the money to get a new one anyways. if i was i would go SD x2n...but im not sure

^Only Ibanez and Caparisons IMO, I hate all other bolt on guitars, they feel so uncomfortable.

whend did you play a caparison? and the esp m-II's are all almost bolt on and they rape the shit out of ibanez

haha apprenetly everything thinks that i say that

its tr00

:loco:

Hahaha, maan i feel ya..

But fuck, seriously, i have like 3 bolt on guitars, with plates (not the ibanez shaved style), and they're not awful to play at all. and i honestly dont notice any sustain difference between my jackson and my ltd, jackson being a bolt on and ltd neckthru.

I believe this is symptomes of halfassed opinions. People who are fed opinions by others, or read it on shitty forums(posted by people who got fed halfassed opinions again). People who are unable to think logically, and believes their brand of guitar, is -the shit-, while anything else just sucks huge balls.
Completely ignoring the fact that the companies sell guitars all the time, numerous established artists use them.

Its in guitars, amps, cars, sports, fucking tractors(believe me, i live on the countryside, and whne i went to school it was like, AH MA FUCKIN GAWD MAN, JOHNDEERE IS THE FUCKING GREATEST TRACTOR EVER MAN FORDS CAN SUCK MA DICK. i was like, holy fuck, pull your head out of your ass PLEASE(not about the tractor as i dont know, or care about them, but about the fact that HE did)

It's ok to have a favourite brand of guitar, but saying others are shit because of it, is retarded. Washburn are great guitars, i have a Washburn accoustic, and its fucking amazing, i love the tone it has, it stays in tune, it looks gorgeous, and its great to play on. Oh, and its cheap, so haw.

now what was it; "inb4 tl;dr", right?

@Zakk: If this makes you happy, I'll tell you that I've tried bolt on ESP/LTD, bolt on Fender (Strat), bolt on BC Rich (V), and no, I've not tried a Caparison but you can clearly see that its a really thin union and easy to play. I've not ''been told'', I've tried them myself. I don't think it really affects in the sound but yes for playing.

As I said previously, here goes my attempt at Blood On Your Hands intro.

BOYH intro

whend did you play a caparison? and the esp m-II's are all almost bolt on and they rape the shit out of ibanez

haha apprenetly everything thinks that i say that

I have not played a Caparison, but as I said above you can appreciate from the pics that the construction is very thin and easy to play.

About ESP M-II's bolt on compared to Ibanez bolt on, I know you love the M-II and are going to get one, but wake up, no bolt on construction beats up Ibanez in terms of comfortable playability.

@Muffin: never said they were awful, I used to have a 7 strings Peavey with bolt on and I could play it ok, but neck thru feels much more comfortable as you don't have that many wood in the neck joint.

No, you're right on that one, but just look at the pic of the guitar and compare it to the ones all the guitarists you listed (besides Yngwie, who IMO is a fucking dumbass and too much ego and has a really shitty tone BTW). All their guitars are bolt on but with good finish (they're bolt on but it's a neat union, rounded and made thinner for better access to last frets), the one that he posted is like two pieces of wood put together with 4 screws, it's a huge block of wood that makes it a lot more difficult to get down there. Which leds me to...

... say that I have nothing agains the bolt on construction, IF it's done properly and you don't have a huge amount of wood between you and the last frets (all Ibanez, all Caparison, and some other models, but not a lot more). F.e. Fender and BcRich bolt on constructions suck IMO, cos they leave a huge amount of wood there instead of making it thinner and more comfortable like Ibanez (yes, I love Ibanez and for me their bolt on construction is the best on this world by far, :lol:).
if they would make that aria thiner there would be great chance that this aria would simply brake. it doesn't mean that bolt on sucks you can simply move it all more in to the body but in shape like RG that would be already in the aria of neck pickup so there for they don't do it.
donno about you guys but i find Ibanez bolt ons very well made and easy accessible to the high register.

Hahaha, maan i feel ya..

But fuck, seriously, i have like 3 bolt on guitars, with plates (not the ibanez shaved style), and they're not awful to play at all. and i honestly dont notice any sustain difference between my jackson and my ltd, jackson being a bolt on and ltd neckthru.
if they used high quality woods indeed no sound difference would be noticed between the different neck constructions