Guitar Player's Thread

Nah my Washburn is set-thru (seriously wtf is set thru ?)

Actually I'm gonna whore it a bit :p
1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

6.png

I would explain it this way: It is like a set-neck but formed like a neck thru. It has the FEEL/COMFY of a neckthru but the acess and thin feel of a set-neck. I tried a guitar that had it and it was really awesome. Also my ESP catalogue had a explanation for it. Those pics are REALLLLLY nice btw...really like that look! It looks quality. Is that Korea made btw? The fretboard looks damned sexy too. It has this "clean" look to it.

EDIT: As far as i know Set-thru is a pretty new way of constructing necks into a body.
its joining the neck to the body, its combining bolt on, set in, and neck through.

No not really. Set thru doesn't really have anything more in common with bolt-on than set-neck has with a bolt-on.

@Bolt on debate: I have nothing against bolt ons if they are comfortable to play...some are not and i think MOST are not that great. There are a few i like though like Ibanez.

@Swabs pic of that washburn bolt on. THat is a really nice bolt on...looks great.

I can tell you that I've record every single part around 10 times or sth. :) If I remember right, I needed half an hour for the intro! But the sweep and tapping part in the second solo was my first try..:)

Yeah, cause I can also play the HCDR solo and I used this part for Sioux, not what Alexi original plays. I've only changed one note and that is this first 20th fret e-string thing.

I will, but I need the backing tracks for it... don't like to play with guitar pro in the background... If somebody could give me a few good keyboard soundfonts I will make all backing tracks by myself. Anyway, first Blooddrunk song will be LoBodomy (apart from my BFH cover on YouTube).

Download Fruity Loops f.ex. > install > open guitar pro and make a midi file of the song you want to make a bt > open FL and import the midi file > mute all instruments you don't need (guitars...) > download some soundfonts on hammersound.net and save them in a extra folder in fruity loops (sound soundfonts are packed as a sfArk file > then download sfark packer). then copy your soundfonts over the instruments you want to convert. > convert the midi into .mp3 file (tooks a long time - ca.30 min. for one song)

BTW it seems more Roope's star shape than Xiphos, although no doubt it was the basis for the actual Xiphos, :kickass: BTW anyone else thinks Ibanez headstock for bass looks weird?? :lol:

BTW look at this:

http://flickr.com/photos/21984792@N05/2432720175/sizes/l/in/set-72157604660741868/

Yeah, that's a random star, and that wasn't the basis of the xiphos, it's a model of Ibanez that came out before that was called the Axstar.

GUITAR002.jpg

Ibanez headstock looks killer on a bass! A friend of mine (who's actually a killer keyboardist) has a bass that looks exactly like an RG, really cool.

My favourite "old" Ibby has to to be the Ibanez PL2660
IbanezPL2660.png

WANT WANT WANT

YES YES YES :worship:

I've changed my way of sweeping recently since I didn't like how it sounded like.

Here's how I used to sweep (The Intro sweep) (IT'S NOT ME)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqtN6CZpp2E&feature=user[/ame]

Was it wrong? (Picking)