Guitar Player's Thread

I will, but I need the backing tracks for it... don't like to play with guitar pro in the background... If somebody could give me a few good keyboard soundfonts I will make all backing tracks by myself. Anyway, first Blooddrunk song will be LoBodomy (apart from my BFH cover on YouTube).

I think EPI had many good soundfonts(for exemple:the follow the reaper cover on youtube)

WOOOOOOOO! :Smokin::Smokin::Smokin:
My Arsis CD+DVD+Shirt just got here. The cd sounds so amazing, much better quality than the mp3s. The dvd is hilarious too. I advise everyone to get it!

This has little to do with guitars, but since there hasn't been any necrophagist news for like a year, i searched around and found a review of epitaph, and found this quote. I seriously laughed my arse off :lol:

The music slows down while the solo gets started, sounding strangely consonant to the otherwise chaotic music leading up to it, but the music in the background inevitable speeds up (usually playing a preestablished riff) and then Muhammed starts sweeping like a mildly retarded janitor

Sorry for the long post :lol:
So i saw set-thru mentioned on the previous page and i always wondered what the difference was.
Neck-thru: neck-thru is more commonly found on high end guitars. The neck is one piece of wood down the whole body with the wings and ears attached (for example in an RR the "wings" and "ears are the the horns). This creates a more sturdy guitar which is very good at keeping in tune. This means a very reliable live guitar. Without the need of a heel it creates better access to the higher frets. Also the pickups and tremolo are mounted on the neck wood, good for some reason i can't remember :lol:. This is common on jackson guitars (for eg. RR24). Of course repairs are a pain in the arse.
Set-thru: This is more like a bolt-on construction. It has a deeper cut (further down the body, so in effect a longer neck) where the neck goes than a bolt-on. The neck is then "set" by glue and sanded down to remove the heel and give it a neck-thru look and feel. This gives it good sustain and tone because the body (not the whole guitar) is "one piece" unlike neck-thru. It has comfortable reach to higher frets due to less of a heel but is not as sturdy or as easy access as neck-thru. It also extremely complex to add a double locking trem but it can be done. I heard they were common on Alexi LTDs but i've only ever seen neck-thru mentioned on them.
Wow i think thats is my longest ever post, sorry for the bore if you actually read it.

I recently started ACTUALLY playing again, after three years of minor noodling. learning all the tricks again, man it's been a while. Started out playing along to some of satch's easy stuff, Crying, summer song, friends, stuff like that. want to learn Surfing with the alien in it's entirey eventually. I got some backing tracks to help me out, so if i ever get it I'll post em here.

I recently started ACTUALLY playing again, after three years of minor noodling. learning all the tricks again, man it's been a while. Started out playing along to some of satch's easy stuff, Crying, summer song, friends, stuff like that. want to learn Surfing with the alien in it's entirey eventually. I got some backing tracks to help me out, so if i ever get it I'll post em here.

3 years of no playing??????????? wtf?
you have build your alexi replica or what ever that project was and you didn't play for 3 years....
dude, what happened what did you do all that time?

3 years of no playing??????????? wtf?
you have build your alexi replica or what ever that project was and you didn't play for 3 years....
dude, what happened what did you do all that time?

well I met my exfiance, and we didn't play a whole lot while we were together. i have a little more free time now, so I've been playing more.

kramer_scallops.jpg

I had to :p
(frets got abit raped but whatever:lol:)