Guitar Player's Thread

Right, I do understand the pinch harmonic...but the explanation you gave for artificial harmonic reminds me of a natural harmonic...hence, I don't think I understood very well...So could you just differentiate between the natural and artificial now?

ok so obviously the open g string has a harmonic at the 12th fret right? well lets say you hold down the 2nd fret on the g string, then hit the 14th fret like a harmonic and itll produce a tone, you can "tap" different areas and youll get harmonics off of one note.

ok so obviously the open g string has a harmonic at the 12th fret right? well lets say you hold down the 2nd fret on the g string, then hit the 14th fret like a harmonic and itll produce a tone, you can "tap" different areas and youll get harmonics off of one note.

ok..so I would actually PRESSING down the 2nd fret and then tap the string over the 14th fret? As opposed to the natural harmonic, where you don't press down the fret, and you actually pick the string, not tap... correct? (I just put my guitar away and am in bed now, so I can't actually try it).

+1. I hve last 5 frets scalloped on my Jackson Stars CS and it's not very noticable when playing...except for bending.

How exactly is this noticeable while bending? Is it easier to bend higher like 4 semitones?

I'm doing a little 2 song show in a church today, the acoustic in there is so fuckin awesome!

i see no point in the last 4 being scalloped, i'd take 12-24, or whole board

Yup, there's hardly any difference. I did try an YJM sig though, and those feel really good.

ok..so I would actually PRESSING down the 2nd fret and then tap the string over the 14th fret? As opposed to the natural harmonic, where you don't press down the fret, and you actually pick the string, not tap... correct? (I just put my guitar away and am in bed now, so I can't actually try it).

You're right about pressing down on the 2nd fret, but when you tap 12 frets above, it's actually more of a flick (and it's on the actual fret, not the space between).

How exactly is this noticeable while bending? Is it easier to bend higher like 4 semitones?

It's easier to grab the string and it won't slip as easily. But when playing normally on high scalloped frets it's not that easy to fret it sharp. Nothing to worry about. I have never played a guitar with lower scalloped frets and I guess those would be easy to fret sharp.

Considering he raped his frets, im going to take a wild guess at one of these:

round_file_21708.jpg

actually its normal time, it took me over 30 min for each fret with
round_file_21708.jpg
also.

@ensi
you did damn clean job with that pencil :p

yeah and you just lightly tap the string in places to create the harmonic, not actually hitting down on the fret though

I was in a rush to try it out because it's my first time using scalloped frets so i didn't clean it:D:lol:

I'm working on it dude. :)

I'm going to do the whole thing:loco:

Just be careful, you don't want THIS to happen to you.

scallopwned39bj.jpg