Guitar Player's Thread

i'm aware what scalloped means, but i'm just saying...i'ts my preference. i've played guitar with full scalloped and i like it compared to just 20-24 because there isnt a huge difference on my bends/vibrato up there but on the lower frets its a dream with scalloped

what guitar is this that you're scalloping?

The one on the pic, my Kramer.

P1000670.JPG

Yeah i can't really feel such a difference with the higher frets, I'll do 12-rest and see how that goes, i'll decide then if i'm going to do the whole thing.

Just past the last fret? (that is where it is on my RR)
EDIT: shit never mind did not see the pic on the last page

I feel really silly asking this question, but my memory just hasn't been the same since the accident. So what's the difference between an artificial harmonic and a pinched harmonic again? And how do you perform each? (I keep thinking they're actually the same thing :erk:)

^Mystique: Artifical harmonic is any harmonic done while the fret hand is holding a note, for example tapping a part of the string while holding a fretted to produce a harmonic as Paul Gilbert often does. I don't know how to explain how to perform this except to tell you that if you divided the string into halves or quarters from the fret you're holding to the bridge, the places to hit would be on those quarter marks.

Pinch harmonics are a type of artificial harmonic in which you hit the string with your pick hand thumb right after you've played a note, as in kinda dragging it across in one fluid motion. They are almost always a high pitched, "squealing" note.

hope that helps.