Guitar Player's Thread

Actually the Washburn N4 (Nuno Bettencourt sig) has a pretty ingenious bolt on design.

zoom_stephens.jpg

@Zakk: If this makes you happy, I'll tell you that I've tried bolt on ESP/LTD, bolt on Fender (Strat), bolt on BC Rich (V), and no, I've not tried a Caparison but you can clearly see that its a really thin union and easy to play. I've not ''been told'', I've tried them myself. I don't think it really affects in the sound but yes for playing.
it does effect the sound but not on noticeable levels
usually the more wood in that aria fatter sound it is but again the difference is not that huge to be noticed.

@Zakk: If this makes you happy, I'll tell you that I've tried bolt on ESP/LTD, bolt on Fender (Strat), bolt on BC Rich (V), and no, I've not tried a Caparison but you can clearly see that its a really thin union and easy to play. I've not ''been told'', I've tried them myself. I don't think it really affects in the sound but yes for playing.

As I said previously, here goes my attempt at Blood On Your Hands intro.

BOYH intro

I have not played a Caparison, but as I said above you can appreciate from the pics that the construction is very thin and easy to play.

About ESP M-II's bolt on compared to Ibanez bolt on, I know you love the M-II and are going to get one, but wake up, no bolt on construction beats up Ibanez in terms of comfortable playability.

@Muffin: never said they were awful, I used to have a 7 strings Peavey with bolt on and I could play it ok, but neck thru feels much more comfortable as you don't have that many wood in the neck joint.

i honestly am not a fan of ibanez to much. i dont like the flat really thin necks. i like fatter necks. but thats just me. some ibby's are nice like jems but thats about all i like. oh and the rga121 is amazing

dunno if this one has been posted before, on the previous page there was Roope's new LTD sig but this is the new ESP sig
http://espguitars.co.jp/oversea/sig/roope_rsl.html
rs2l.jpg

a tad old, but its really hawt i would get that

if they would make that aria thiner there would be great chance that this aria would simply brake. it doesn't mean that bolt on sucks you can simply move it all more in to the body but in shape like RG that would be already in the aria of neck pickup so there for they don't do it.
donno about you guys but i find Ibanez bolt ons very well made and easy accessible to the high register.

if they used high quality woods indeed no sound difference would be noticed between the different neck constructions

That's exactly what I said, that Ibanez bolt on rocks and destroys the need for a neck-thru, :lol:

Actually the Washburn N4 (Nuno Bettencourt sig) has a pretty ingenious bolt on design.

zoom_stephens.jpg

:worship:notworthy:worship: Looks like I have a new bolt on guitar to add to my list of bolt on guitars that can be as comfortable as neck thru to play :kickass: Won't your Washburn have the same design? :lol:

Yeah i fucking dig that guitar, if i had the money i would get it (along with the pink sawtooth too :lol:)
EDIT: Postjump

^that sounds great, a few mistakes but you are still recovering from your injury. How long has it been since your cast was removed

That's exactly what I said, that Ibanez bolt on rocks and destroys the need for a neck-thru, :lol:

:worship:notworthy:worship: Looks like I have a new bolt on guitar to add to my list of bolt on guitars that can be as comfortable as neck thru to play :kickass: Won't your Washburn have the same design? :lol:

Nah my Washburn is set-thru (seriously wtf is set thru ?)

Actually I'm gonna whore it a bit :p
1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

6.png

^that sounds great, a few mistakes but you are still recovering from your injury. How long has it been since your cast was removed

2-3 weeks if I remember right :D Thanks! That's a really tricky riff, :lol:

theres no sound

:ill: How are you playing it? It should play in Windows Media, it does in mine's and dave100's, it should in yours too.

Nah my Washburn is set-thru (seriously wtf is set thru ?)

Actually I'm gonna whore it a bit :p
1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

6.png

That fretboard is so damn sexy :worship: I love fretboards with no inlays! :kickass: And it fucking looks like ebony, :lol: If you ever have to sell it, you can use it and say it was a lucky mistake from factory and you got ebony instead of rosewood, :lol:

2-3 weeks if I remember right :D Thanks! That's a really tricky riff, :lol:

Yeah i remember once i went on holiday to australia for a week so i didn't get to play guitar for a week:zombie: when i came back i sucked so bad. It took me a whole week of intense playing to get back to normal. (i did 8 hr days :lol: and then my shoulder hurt for a week :lol:). But you ohaad a cast on for 6 weeks? plus you've got to get over the injury!

^8 weeks :erk: It was really hard, cos I saw the guitar there and I couldn't play, and my fav BT went on for a Jam and I was only able to do a half composed and sloopy solo for it which ended up with different timing :lol: Besides my alt picking has taken some steps backwards as well as my right hand speed and my techniques :erk: But I'm working on it (I have no choice, as I have recordings on May/June, still not clear, :lol:) :kickass:

@akk: :lol: Shit happens. Wich formats does Mac accept? Cos I was going to upload it in WAVE, but it was 7 fucking MB for 40 secs, :lol:

in a couple days ill be making a legato video with a ton of insane legato licks i've been doing the past couple days. a lot of them are from michael romeo's guitar chapter, and some i wrote. its actually going to be like a lot of stuff from the guitar chapter. but i've been nailing everything and i feel really happy about it. so ill play them slow, then fast, then give pointers/tips etc.