Guitar Player's Thread

@ you guitarpro freaks:

Is there a way to find out how long your guitarpro arrangement is? Is there a function for this?

Hey guys I was hoping to have some input here. I have an edwards v and I really dislike the sound of the EMG 81 thats in it. Can you guys make some recommendations on a pickup (preferably passive) that would work well by itself in the guitar? Something with high output and gain and all that stuff, not too chunky, really clear, with good mids and that would work well for soloing too. One of my favorite guitar tones is Jari's off of Iron (a good example is the beginning of Slayer of Light). I know it really depends on what the guitar runs through of course, but thats a tone I really like. So yea any tips would be great:) One pup that was recommended to me was the Seymour Duncan JB. Any thoughts?
Most people tend to whack JB's in Mahogany guitars. Is your V Mahogany or Alder? I'd probably go the Duncan Distortion or Duncan Custom for Alder, then a JB for Mahogany. The Distortion has high mid, treble and gain and not so high bass so I think that might be perfect. That's what I'd try anyways. might wanna find out what Jari used though on that album if you want a similar tone.

I have an edwards arrowhead and I think the EMG-HZ also sounds like shit.
I'm thinking about switching to SD distortions but do you think its a good idea with the booster?

I have an edwards arrowhead and I think the EMG-HZ also sounds like shit.
I'm thinking about switching to SD distortions but do you think its a good idea with the booster?

No wonder, cause EMG HZ's are passive, thus even worse than the regular active EMGs.

Bingo...
l_205e20ffe2a15240937d3d6c62b23b11.jpg

I'm a bit disappointed in the Roope signature. I wish it was the black with gold hardware and the banana headstock. I'd probably end up buying that one.

What's wrong with this one?
rs_m_bk_.jpg

Hey,
has anyone treid the Chuck Schuldiner stealth yet?

Nope, I think it's not out still, they have announced it and showed at Namm and stuff but still isn't a reality. I'm higly interested in it tho. Only fixed bridge guitar I'd consider taking.

What's wrong with this one?
rs_m_bk_.jpg

Where to start? 22 frets, bolt on neck,... I think that's more than enough to get the other first although I prefer the banana headstock (which BTW is not the one that this guitar has).