Guitar Player's Thread

yeah i guess it depends on what your fretboard is like, how wide, how curved, etc.

but one of the reasons i asked this question is cuz i noticed that when i try out some excersizes (like the passage to the reaper, first lick) my thumb automatically goes over the fretboard and the faster i played it, the more my hand started cramping up. but maybe my muscles just have to get used to that position or something....

C Major I always have my thumb over the fretboard, I dont know hows it's effecting me, but it feels comfortable.

A Minor (I think thats what its called :rofl: It's the one with the roll) however I always have my thumb around the middle of the neck.

I use an Ibanez, so the wizard II neck probably alters the technique I would use, as it has a flat middle but curved at the top and bottom.

lol there's not one shape for just one arpeggio. You can play that shape in any key and any shape in A.

Yeah well, when rolling I always have my thumb lower. Im a complete noob when it comes to proper musical terms to be honest, I just learn what I think will help me progress and try and perfect it :rofl:

:lol: haha I do not get why he is getting so much praise. Also Dragonforce kick ass live, their technique may be bad, but their music still kicks ass.

:lol: haha I do not get why he is getting so much praise. Also Dragonforce kick ass live, their technique may be bad, but their music still kicks ass.

The truth, I went to one of their shows as a fan, but mainly for Firewind. Then D'force just blew me away.

so I re=recorded grilled cheese with the actualy song and I think its worse haha I went with the brutal death metal not being able to tell what they are saying kind of vocal heh. The biggest problem is my mic is reall cheap and is really sensitive for air travel so it was hard to get it to sound ok but here it is.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/y7ytnx

oh yea and some vocals were changed ill find them out later,heh

ok I just listen again now and it sounds like shit ill have to do it again some other time :lol:

Night Reaper[/quote said:
mitch can i see your guitar videos ?

Sorry, I only have audio recordings. I don't do videos because I'm disgustingly obese.

Conti said:
so I re=recorded grilled cheese with the actualy song and I think its worse haha I went with the brutal death metal not being able to tell what they are saying kind of vocal heh. The biggest problem is my mic is reall cheap and is really sensitive for air travel so it was hard to get it to sound ok but here it is.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/y7ytnx

oh yea and some vocals were changed ill find them out later,heh

ok I just listen again now and it sounds like shit ill have to do it again some other time

:lol: You crazy bitch. I can't understand anything. :p

mitch can i see your guitar videos ?
:lol: You crazy bitch. I can't understand anything. :p[/QUOTE]

haha though we can do it in that style it will be more brutal, but fer serious are you going to make a couple other songs cause ill make some lyrics if we will,lol

Yeah I could do, I dno how much he uses it but I'm sure it's not that much. I think the writing part will be the hardest for me. :D

Yeah I could do, I dno how much he uses it but I'm sure it's not that much. I think the writing part will be the hardest for me. :D

hmmm...i'd really like to help with song writing cuz i'm trying to get more into it myself. but you're quite the perfectionist mitch, so you would probably work better alone :p i probably couldn't meet your standards anyway. haha.

and speaking of writing songs, does anyone know where Rock Hydra is? we were so close to finishing our song! but then i disappeared for a while and now it looks like it's his turn to disappear :erk: