Guitar Player's Thread

I just recorded a vid of The Mad Dash, the tab that I uploaded yesterday. I can do it fine at 130bpm but I tried to push it and hit 140bpm instead so there's a few bits where I fall out of time but I manage to get back in okay. I might try and practise it a bit and see if I can get it up to like 150/165bpm like the original, but god damn, it's hard!!!

http://www.sendspace.com/file/od5407

I'll re-record it if I manage to get a higher speed.

:kickass::kickass::kickass: That was sick dude.

I wonder if this really is true, if so, it's totally awesome! RG770 re-issue!

http://www.andertons.co.uk/acatalog/info_RG770DXRR.html

Awesome video aswell Mitch, really tight.

Seems like it's time for start saving up, :lol:

I can't imagine that using the bass as a harmony would be the same really...but yeah, upload the videos, I'd love to see.

I might upload them, but I dunno cos the sound quality is a bit :erk: I can try uploading them on Sendspace, but no way on n00btube cos then it'll be impossible to watch nor to hear, but they're not the best example, :lol: Wait until tomorrow cos now I must study a bit of chemistry, :lol:

mmm...that Ibanez looks tasty.

oh and I'm going to see Paul Gilbert on Wednesday!!! I really hope I get a new phone either today or tomorrow so I can get some footage and some good pics on it, since there are no cameras allowed :(

yeah, that's what I plan on doing. But I can only use Cubase now cuz Cool Edit Pro gives me problems on this computer.

But?.. Cubase is an excellent program for that, ive never heard of this "Cool Edit Pro", honestly it sounds like a kid toy, but whatever. I would recommend Cubase(if you can run it, i cant, it tries to fuck me over), or REAPER for stuff like this.

Bah, squeeze it somewhere they can't see it and you're done, :lol:

Also, my last contribution to the thread today:

You're Better Off Dead interlude
hahahaha what exactly are you implying mister? :p
Besides, I wouldn't wanna use the flash on the camera as they're playing, that's pretty rude.

But?.. Cubase is an excellent program for that, ive never heard of this "Cool Edit Pro", honestly it sounds like a kid toy, but whatever. I would recommend Cubase(if you can run it, i cant, it tries to fuck me over), or REAPER for stuff like this.
lol, I didn't mean it like that. Cubase is great, but it can be complicated at times. (oh and you need to get the "dongle" for it...it fakes the usb thing on your computer. or something like that.)

^^Really? Sounds like a toy(the name). Also its apparently called Adobe Audition now.

I'll stick to REAPER though.

lol, I didn't mean it like that. Cubase is great, but it can be complicated at times. (oh and you need to get the "dongle" for it...it fakes the usb thing on your computer. or something like that.)

True, it can be yeah.. And the dongle thing, hahah,i gave up on that thing, so i havent tried the latest cubase :lol:

Inhe, I found a vid where I'm playing through the ADA MP-1 with the Ibanez RG. Are you still interested in hear the tone? I used two different outputs and the 2nd is a lot more overdriven so I demonstrated that in the vid.

It was recorded the same day as the GP-1000 tone test vid but for some reason, I didn't upload it.

And Adobe Audition is one of the most popular recording programs, underneath Cubase and of course, Pro Tools.

Sorry to break the conversation, and this has probably been said before, but in a thread that moves pretty fast, I can't afford to go back and check other pages for answers if this has been asked before.
on average, how many hour(s) a day do you guys practice? Come after the exams, I'm gonna be playing 6 hours + a day, but now I'm lucky to play an hour a week ,although in normal term time I play around 90 minutes daily.

like 2-4? i dont play much on weekends because im always gone doing shit with friends. on summer its fucking up to 12 hours usually. and nowadays i've been getting soo much better with not that much practice so in the summer itll be awesome

I wonder if this really is true, if so, it's totally awesome! RG770 re-issue!

http://www.andertons.co.uk/acatalog/info_RG770DXRR.html

Awesome video aswell Mitch, really tight.

hawt

speaking of which, how many of you guys have girlfriends? :lol:
Ill be the first to admit I do not :lol::lol::lol:

probably wrong thread....but i dont

failure_of_threads said:
probably wrong thread....
guardian_of_fate said:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inhe said:
Im at girlfriend's house now
Earth Breather said:
speaking of which, how many of you guys have girlfriends?

C'mon guys, it's not rocket science.