Guitar Player's Thread

--edit: Btw, Earth Breather, not meaning any offence at all, but does that fringe ever really annoy you? Having to push it out of the way all the time? Just curious.

my bangs? well when I practice I always wear a ponytail, and when I have a piece down solid I have my hair down. Long hair does seem like a bit of a chore, but as paul gilbert says "It's worth it in the end!"

I see. Funny you should mention that about PG because he apparently got sick of the chore :lol:

39267597430555610-06GuitarOne-PaulGilbert.jpg

Although I think he might let it grow out a bit again because it more recent pics it seems to be getting a bit longer. I actually think he looks better with medium-length hair rather than past-shoulder length.

I see. Funny you should mention that about PG because he apparently got sick of the chore :lol:

39267597430555610-06GuitarOne-PaulGilbert.jpg

Although I think he might let it grow out a bit again because it more recent pics it seems to be getting a bit longer. I actually think he looks better with medium-length hair rather than past-shoulder length.

umm..no, I saw him just last week, and his hair is not medium length, it's pretty short. shorter than in that picture.

Nice! I really like Kiko's sig! And lol @ Nightwish guitars. Those little graphics at the butt of the guitar make it look like a toy in my opinion. :lol:

umm..no, I saw him just last week, and his hair is not medium length, it's pretty short. shorter than in that picture.

Oh, okay. My bad then. Whatever. Paul Gilbert kicks ass no matter what length his hair is.

Well I'm just going off of that picture. From the looks of it the white one would be pretty good. But those black ones (including the one he's holding) have frets that go past the cutaway. *shrug* I've always wondered why guitar manufacturers do that. Why not just extend it another half inch or so?

Well I'm just going off of that picture. From the looks of it the white one would be pretty good. But those black ones (including the one he's holding) have frets that go past the cutaway. *shrug* I've always wondered why guitar manufacturers do that. Why not just extend it another half inch or so?

neck support

hey guys i was just wondering does any1 have a problem with excessively sweaty hands when playing guitar? i have a big problem with this, after just a few seconds if even playing the easiest of things and as relaxed as ic an be, my palms sweat alot,end up mucking up my guitars finish, staining the fretboard, and making my strings rusty and neck sliperry etc., anyone has the same problem? and any suggestions that have worked for people? at times my pick also falls off my hand because i cant grip it with all the sweat, ino disgusting isnt it but iv had Palmary hyper hydrosis (sweaty hands) since my teenage years so was just wondering....

im guessing no one has this problem then...

^ I used to, when I was unfit, also playing wearing a jumper and being in a small room doesnt help, if it really bothers you, I guess you could use talcum powder or chalk, dries out your hands