Guitar Player's Thread

I don't understand why the fret access on his guitars has to suck so much. lol.

It did, on the black ones, which is why Roope redesigned it on the White one

i would say the fret access is pretty fuckin good actually

On the white one, yes, because roope moved the bridge up on the body, thus moving the neck up as well

Well I'm just going off of that picture. From the looks of it the white one would be pretty good. But those black ones (including the one he's holding) have frets that go past the cutaway. *shrug* I've always wondered why guitar manufacturers do that. Why not just extend it another half inch or so?

most guitars do have great fretaccess, but for some reason, stars and kellys tend to have shitty, i dont know why.. I have a jackson kelly right here, and its fretaccess is worse than my telecaster, bcrich, LTD, and even the SX.
The 24th fret is lower than the cutaway goes, and just ONE fret below, isnt that huge difference you'd think. Wrong, really it fucks me up when playing around there, hence i turned the guitar into an Open C tuned guitar, so i don't go all sololol on that guitar, yay for that.

Speaking of guitars and SX

New guitar came yesterday, a SX SEG1 PG

now i know you guys are all for expensive guitars, and hate everything cheap, but this guitar actually surprised me.. It was 140$ NEW, so i just HAD to buy it :lol:

segpg1.jpg

There were ofcourse, issues with it when it came straight out of the box. i took off the neck and put small paper pieces in there to level the neck more, then i readjusted the floyd, pickups, and the neck, changed strings(the ones on it snapped right away! Fucking d'addario shits), and some other kind of things, like throwing away the backplate and such..

The binding is, badly done, i can say that, but cant see it on distance, so what the hell.. i mean, what the fuck, the guitar costed 140$, i cant expect it to be perfect :lol:

But i really liked the tone those shitty pickups gave me :S really defined and nice, and decent sustain too! I think the tone in this guitar, whatever it is, is very mid oriented, because its GREAT for leads, and for some sleazy riffing too, however im not sure it fits well for downtuned metulz, so i'm going to keep it in E :lol:

But yes, this being my Second SX Aquirement(first being a Jazz Bass), i have to say im generally impressed with SX's work, they give really good guitars for the price, blowing such sub-brands as Squire, low end LTD, and various others, out of the water, in terms of sound, price, and general feel.. Heck, the licensed floyd on this one, fucking stays in tune! That never happened with the stock Floyd on the LTD..

So yeah, if you like to fuck around with a guitar, swap around pickups, and generally find that you need a backup guitar but you're not ready to fork out several hundred $'s for a guitar that will basically sit there incase you break a string, and you know your way around a guitar, then yes, SX is worth a try!

I'm considering one of their PRS Knockoffs next, but before that i'll probably get an edwards/ESP, or high end jackson.. we'll see!

Speaking of guitars and SX

New guitar came yesterday, a SX SEG1 PG

now i know you guys are all for expensive guitars, and hate everything cheap, but this guitar actually surprised me.. It was 140$ NEW, so i just HAD to buy it :lol:

segpg1.jpg

dude i know im really liking this one

http://www.rondomusic.com/product728.html

not an SX but they're all made/distributed by the same company. and i've always heard great things about quality, especially for the price. and everyone gets the agiles

^ The best shit on that site is from Agile guitars. I've seen many many good reviews of their products on sites like sevenstring.org.

interceptorpro25blackflame5.jpg

Win.

They used to do one of those with a maple fretboard but they are out of stock atm.

They do this thing :lol:

reapercuswhite5.jpg

reapercuswhite3.jpg

reapercuswhite7.jpg

I can't decide wether I like it or not, but that extra cutout at the bottom would certainly make playing sitting down easy.

Agile yes, well, i tried one of those RR's at a shop 6 months ago and i thought it felt and looked awful

But i'm really digging the 7strings, though i want an unfloyded version

Hey Ensi, what kind of camera were you using there? Was the sound being recorded directly through the camera? Because it had pretty good quality sound me thinks.

Cool cover by the way. :headbang:

Hey! Thanks dude!:D

I have no idea what camera it was... It was a regular "film your vacation with your ugly kids" camera.

The sound is recorded directly into PC. :)

Haha fuck you, nice taste in guitars :D I'd kill for that strat if it had a quilt top, nice SG, and ofc the RR24, a classic. Atleast on this forum :lol: