Guitar Player's Thread

Thanks:oops: yep, I played bass for 3 years before i started playing guitar. Its a Fender Rumble 100 watt

do you like it? I used to play bass like 5 years ago, but then when I started on guitar, I sold my bass amp for the guitar money...it was a Hartke, just 10 watt, but it was decent. I've heard Fender bass amps are nothing great...how is yours? any recordings?

do you like it? I used to play bass like 5 years ago, but then when I started on guitar, I sold my bass amp for the guitar money...it was a Hartke, just 10 watt, but it was decent. I've heard Fender bass amps are nothing great...how is yours? any recordings?

I bought it when i was at the "fender is the only good brand"-age. But i'm actually very happy with it.

I'm afraid i dont have any recordings

:lol: I see. you're still playing right? bass, i mean. you should put some recordings up.

I'm gonna try to plug my bass into the pod XT later today and see if I can actually tweak in some good sounds.

Joe Satriani - Borg sex

How do you get that tone. Very Digital sounding, i really like it. I think it might just be passed through a filter of some sort, but i could be wrong.

Joe Satriani - Borg sex

How do you get that tone. Very Digital sounding, i really like it. I think it might just be passed through a filter of some sort, but i could be wrong.

Could be through a wah, whammy or some other pedal.. You could probably get that with a pod or something.

Edit: I think it's a wah pedal that gives it that sound.

:lol:!

anyone got anything on the rusty cooley sig? good? bad?

I dno about about the playability, but it looks great :worship:

anyone got anything on the rusty cooley sig? good? bad?

Rusty actually posted the first review of it on the outworld forum!

rc7qh9.png

http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Guitar/product/Dean+Guitars/RC7G/10/1

I have a problem with the mounting stud on my floyd. It seems to be able to move up and down like there is no grip on the bpdy. It does not do this while i'm playing but it does do it when i take all the strings off? Any advice on how to solve the problem?
Cheers in advance

Bump, any help?

i still have my fender bassman 60w at my moms (in another country)
0224502_xl-0c16fc8f20d1bb804a4219512ab318f9.jpg

and i can say its good amp, but nothing special. maybe good for some gay soft bright sounding music.
you can forget getting aggressive punchy sound out of it its just enough for home practice and very small not loud band
fender are simply not made for metal.
at my old band's rehearsal room we had another fender 100W i don't remember the model something old and it was again nothing special i had to form my sound on my bass multieffect to get something cutting through and it was terrible to handle the low B string when you turn the volume more than 12
i didn't use any subwoofer type sounds just normal sound everything on the eq in the middle position
as i said nothing for metal.

lol nothing. but as a high school student, I really doubt that was the case.

So mom was right and I was a bad high school student??:cry:

:lol::lol:

I saw a pretty cool Jackson Stars USA Custom Shop (which doesn't make sense to me 'cuz I thought USA was USA and Jackson Stars was Japan...)

But it's similar to Alexi's STONE RR but with a pickguard and two pickups and costs £3,300.

anup.gif

245g9bb.jpg

It's cool, but waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too expensive.

Pickguard is such a major turnoff :(

Indeed, at least for RR's or V's, and definitely for a Star shape, :lol:

I think the pickguard on this RR5 looks pretty epic:

RR5-WHITE.jpg

--edit: Btw Warheart, I lol'd @ your sig.

I think the RR5 looks gay, :lol:

New J-50BC + MM-04 + GP1000 test video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxUMgMqC4Qs

:worship: That was sick man, :lol:

I don't understand why the fret access on his guitars has to suck so much. lol.

It's not that bad.

^ The best shit on that site is from Agile guitars. I've seen many many good reviews of their products on sites like sevenstring.org.

interceptorpro25blackflame5.jpg

Win.

They used to do one of those with a maple fretboard but they are out of stock atm.

Who needs maple fretboard when you can get that fucking beauty?? If the headstock is not ubber shit then this guitar fucking rocks!

They do this thing :lol:

I can't decide wether I like it or not, but that extra cutout at the bottom would certainly make playing sitting down easy.

Same here, can't decide if it's gay or win, cos that guitar is anything but normal :lol:

I has a bass, well, my sister does, but she never uses it so I play sometimes. Usually when I want to play the bass lines of what I compose to see how they sound (guitar pro is so fucking gay for bass), and last week to tab Destruction's Nailed To The Cross breakdown.

If it plays yes, :lol:

I saw a pretty cool Jackson Stars USA Custom Shop (which doesn't make sense to me 'cuz I thought USA was USA and Jackson Stars was Japan...)

But it's similar to Alexi's STONE RR but with a pickguard and two pickups and costs £3,300. :OMG:

anup.gif

Seen this one long ago. It's a Jackson USA Custom Shop RR, but re-logoed for Japanese market. The price is ridicolous. Don't know why though :S.