Guitar Player's Thread

Excuse me asking but does anyone have a working version of FL that they could rapidshare/give to me? Most of the torrented ones either have viruses or simply don't work.

If you do tell me please :D

Off topic: to see files on fliefront do you have to be a member or something? Cos the other day I wanted to dowload from there a bootleg but when I clicked the link it took me always to the front page of filefront and I couldn't download the file at all.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

:D

For the few of you here who have the Jackson stars RR-J2SP, I just had a few questions about some hardware. For instance, how is the Schaller Licensed Floyd Rose? I've never played one and all of my guitars have OFR, and this is one of the things holding me back from buying this guitar that is on hold for me. Also about the pickup and EMG-PA2, did you guys replace both of those, or even use the PA2? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

The RR24 doesn't have an original floyd rose. The specs online are wrong, apparantly.

And the Schaller is on par with the original, there's nothing wrong with it at all.

And wtf, you can replace any part of it, why do people do this. It's the build quality, price, neck, binding etc that you want to concentrate on.

Anyway, the J2SP is discontinued.

Yes, I know it's discontinued, but I found they still have one in stock from a while and it's on hold for me. Barely able to scrape enough money as it is now, and didn't want to have to worry about replacing a Floyd Rose or anything because that can get a bit pricey. As far as electronics, are the EMG-HZ and EMG-PA2 recommended for replacing? I've never had a gain booster or used one so I don't know if I'd even need it or if I should replace it with something. I always skimmed over a lot of talk over the whole jackson J50-BC pickup and the little electronics as well, but never payed much attention over the whole debate. Just wondering if I should think about replacing the electronics.

I thought the general decision was that in terms of parts and mechanisms it essentially is an OFR, but not officially. As it's most likely manufactured in China in order to be cheaper so Jackson can afford to sell the RR24 for the price they do. (Hence the lack of official markings on the trem)