Guitar Player's Thread

^I supose it will be that, because people says it can't be an OFR but it actually works like one and I can tell you that, so I will trust Nazgul and Mitch because they know more than I do about that stuff but I won't even think about swapping my FR cos it works like an OFR. So yeah, I think your description is good enough to explain it.

How many times do I have to say it.RR24 DOES have an Original Floyd Rose!

Prove it.

+1. Take the trem out and show a pic of the "made in Germany" stamp. It's not there = not OFR.

I thought the general decision was that in terms of parts and mechanisms it essentially is an OFR, but not officially. As it's most likely manufactured in China in order to be cheaper so Jackson can afford to sell the RR24 for the price they do. (Hence the lack of official markings on the trem)

Yup, must be something like that. Those 500$ BC Rich guitars made in China use the same "OFRs" btw.

I looks a bit different from ORs too I heard...like the edges are not cut the same and you can see the difference. It should work ok though, but I wouldn't use it too much, just because it's not made in Germany.

Feels exactly like one. It doesn't look different though. I think it can be as good but it isn't proven yet but i have no flaws yet. I use it constantly and my guitar is 1 years old.

So in construction its a OFR, Officially its not and in theory it should work like one. Then it only depends on how well they are crafted and of how good materials.

[ame]http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=34427788[/ame]
lol, gotta play yngwie when you play on someone's strat

Bought byself an Ovation Viper
MalmsteenViper.jpg

Same as Malmsteen's current classical/acoustic guitar, except in black.

Should be here tomorrow (my birthday!)

So here's a quick tab for the outro in Symphony X - The Sacrifice. I'll have to get a proper mic for recording, so I can make a clip of it, along with the intro to Black Star.:kickass:

Decided to learn a new song 6:30 this morning after a long night of partying:lol: I know its not very good

Last edited by a moderator:
lolwut? I mean the whole drinking the coke thing while doing pulloffs. I couldn't care less if it was ACDC or Dragonforce :lol: Don't get me wrong...