Guitar Player's Thread

Someone posted a vid of this guy sometime ago, he's awesome in this one!

[ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=zv0tRPsW51I[/ame]

Anyone seen this?

Fucking tight playing. I'm so glad they're CoB again :p

And actually, the tone is kickass, despite the active pickups...wich I use to hate. Wonder if there's an 18v mod done, cus it kinda sounds like it, or maybe the Duncans are alot different to the EMGs

edit: damnit forgot the video :rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:
I fuckin met Alexi last night. I feel good and even more motivated :)

And I really didn't like his lead tone at the show. It sounded too fat; not crisp enough.

My review for PG:

Paul Gilbert:
It was only a 50min set and as you can see, most of the songs from his new album were played.

The title track is my favourite and it sounds fucking amazing live, especially the intro. I tabbed the whole thing so I might as well learn it too.

I've never listened to more than 5 seconds of Suite Model but after hearing it all tonight, it's an awesome song (even though it's a classical piece) and it's very relaxing.

Down To Mexico was cool, much more shredding in between than ever before.

And one of the highlights was Daddy Brother Lover Little Boy, which RAWKED!!! Paul and Mike took it in turns to sing parts of the verse and man, did it sound goooood.

As for vids, I got the whole of Scarified, the solo to Curse Of Castle Dragon and my fave parts from the title track of the new album.

For the whole thing, he played his reverse Ibanez Iceman and then his new sunburst PGM for the last 3 songs.

You got me intersted into hearing PG now, I never realy did feel to it, but you gave me an interest lol :p

I fuckin met Alexi last night. I feel good and even more motivated :)

And I really didn't like his lead tone at the show. It sounded too fat; not crisp enough.

:kickass: Me wants Bodom too! :cry::lol:

do you remember a pretty blond girl moshing with you? she got thrown of the floor like twice. That was my friend Kat :D

:lol::lol::lol: When I saw them on Barcelona a gir literally landed on my head, :lol: More than crowdsurfing she was doing moderated flights over the crowd, :lol:

You got me intersted into hearing PG now, I never realy did feel to it, but you gave me an interest lol :p

GO LISTEN TO PG NOW YOU...................... JUST GO LISTEN TO HIS STUFF!

:lol::lol::lol:

Talking of PG what do you all think to his new album? Assuming you have it. I think it's cool kinda, like Kiko Loureiro meets Greg Howe. The Gargoyle is the best track imo followed by the title track, but overall I still think it's got nothing on GOOMY as an album.

I actually agree with that. Overall i prefered GOOMY, it was just so different from most instrumental stuff. It's weird though, since most people on the RX board seem to enjoy SFBADR more.

^Indeed.

Any Behemoth fans around here???

Conquer All ending (including solo)
Tell me what you think. All guitars are recorded by me, and lead is doubled and panned 70% right and left.

Pђoenix;7276282 said:
Talking of PG what do you all think to his new album? Assuming you have it. I think it's cool kinda, like Kiko Loureiro meets Greg Howe. The Gargoyle is the best track imo followed by the title track, but overall I still think it's got nothing on GOOMY as an album.

I like it. My favourite tracks are the title track, the Gargoyle (although I don't really like the part in the middle of the song that much, but the intro riff is fucking :kickass:) and Eudaimonia Overture. Fucking weird name but really cool song IMO.

Sorry to interupt the conversatoins going on, but I've been thinking about a 7 string guitar for next year, and was considering the Scechter Vampyre (jeff loomis sig.) Any other suggestions? Must meet my tight criteria:
25.5 scale
XJ fret size
24 frets
Floyd Rose Tremolo
Flat/Thin Neck
Good Fret Access
Looks Good
Not Ridiculously Expensive (Ie over £1000)

:loco:

Sorry to interupt the conversatoins going on, but I've been thinking about a 7 string guitar for next year, and was considering the Scechter Vampyre (jeff loomis sig.) Any other suggestions? Must meet my tight criteria:
25.5 scale
XJ fret size
24 frets
Floyd Rose Tremolo
Flat/Thin Neck
Good Fret Access
Looks Good
Not Ridiculously Expensive (Ie over £1000)

:loco:

Dean RC7, Rusty Cooley's sig. I has the the most ridiculous fret access, and looks awesome imo. I think it goes for ~$1899. It's not out yet, but it should be soon, should be worth the wait if that's what you're after.

Cool, I never go on COBOT much - so I did and came accross this thread :)
Why isn't this stickied? :(
I think i've posted some of my shit here before... meh.
Here's videos of me playing some bodom covers.
Don't be too harsh.. :)
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztVVe0lY6xs&NR=1[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCG8VPAwI7o&feature=user[/ame]
\m/

Sorry for just posting in the middle of a convo - I don't usually read the last pages.