Guitar Player's Thread

You got me intersted into hearing PG now, I never realy did feel to it, but you gave me an interest lol :p

Well that video is actually a Racer X song so you might enjoy some of their songs. If not, then Get Out Of My Yard and/or Silence Followed By A Deafening Roar show what kinda stuff he's doing now.

Pђoenix;7276282 said:
Talking of PG what do you all think to his new album? Assuming you have it. I think it's cool kinda, like Kiko Loureiro meets Greg Howe. The Gargoyle is the best track imo followed by the title track, but overall I still think it's got nothing on GOOMY as an album.

I love some songs, hate some songs. Pretty much like GOOMY to me.

As most have said, The Gargoyle is awesome. And I also like the whole of Silence Followed By A Deafening Roar, the beginning melodies of Eudaimonia Overture, Norwegian Cowbell has the awesome string skipping bit in the middle, Suite Modale is very beautiful, I Cannot Tell A Lie is cool too and I like a few melodies in Bultaco Saturno. The riff in The Rhino is great too.

Don't really like Bronx 1971, I Still Have That Other Girl or Paul Vs. Godzilla.

I can't really listen to the whole album and feel the need to tab it so that means I don't like it that much. I've still tabbed a few though.

Im finally getting around to fix my awesome red ibanez RG thats been laying gutted in my basement for quite some time, i just finished sanding and scraping all the rust off of the inside of the trem's saddles so now they function properly, finally finished a fine sanding of the scallop job i did a long time ago.

I have a Duncan JB, Jazz set layin around i probably will put in, but i need to figure out how to wire a 5 way switch like a normal 3 way switch

And the Shredocaster is finally being forged by a luthier.
one of the ways
http://www.ibanez.com/support/wiring/2005/K7.gif
look at the switch

Anyone seen this?

Fucking tight playing. I'm so glad they're CoB again :p

And actually, the tone is kickass, despite the active pickups...wich I use to hate. Wonder if there's an 18v mod done, cus it kinda sounds like it, or maybe the Duncans are alot different to the EMGs

edit: damnit forgot the video :rofl:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0JRinSw6BE
Blackouts don't have the same effect as EMGs on 18v mode in fact no effect at all.
Sorry to interupt the conversatoins going on, but I've been thinking about a 7 string guitar for next year, and was considering the Scechter Vampyre (jeff loomis sig.) Any other suggestions? Must meet my tight criteria:
25.5 scale
XJ fret size
24 frets
Floyd Rose Tremolo
Flat/Thin Neck
Good Fret Access
Looks Good
Not Ridiculously Expensive (Ie over £1000)

:loco:
loomis is awesome

Sorry to interupt the conversatoins going on, but I've been thinking about a 7 string guitar for next year, and was considering the Scechter Vampyre (jeff loomis sig.) Any other suggestions? Must meet my tight criteria:
25.5 scale
XJ fret size
24 frets
Floyd Rose Tremolo
Flat/Thin Neck
Good Fret Access
Looks Good
Not Ridiculously Expensive (Ie over £1000)

:loco:

rusty cooley sig!!

behemoth and cob are my favourite bands
and im looking for a good tab of slaves shall serve but i can't find :/
on ug there are some but can't open due not updated version

anyway, heres my cover
too slow at the fastpart but i think the rest is okay:)

Last edited by a moderator:
^^the only problem with cooley sig that its not out and it has licensed floyd for some reason :err:

behemoth and cob are my favourite bands
and im looking for a good tab of slaves shall serve but i can't find :/
on ug there are some but can't open due not updated version

anyway, heres my cover
too slow at the fastpart but i think the rest is okay:)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pN7KEuGQuSg

really fucking awesome. Though just so you know once the second guitar comes in, the melody is done by doing the octaves instead of powerchords

Could you guys tell me couple of sites or even one where I can download tabs to GP5...

I am so n00b "guitar player" so it would be big help to me.

Could you guys tell me couple of sites or even one where I can download tabs to GP5...

I am so n00b "guitar player" so it would be big help to me.

Use google and search for "band + song" + guitar pro, and the most common sites that have the specific tab will pop up. If you're interested in Bodom/Sinergy tabs, go to the tab thread in the ontopic section.

anyone with a PODxt can get a decent tone to record rythms?
Its shame, I can record good leads.. but it sucks with rythm.

anyone with a PODxt can get a decent tone to record rythms?
Its shame, I can record good leads.. but it sucks with rythm.

Depends what kind of tone you like, listen to the songs on my myspace (advertisementlulz :eek: )

If you like the tone i could upload the tone file later today.