Guitar Player's Thread

Well, tell us more...

not much to tell....I just asked to take a pic with him (we were pretty close, and I didn't even smell any alcohol on him :zombie:), then I told him he's my idol, which I felt horribly stupid about later on, haha. And then I shook his hand and told him I hope to share the stage with him someday. He just said something like "that's cool, that's cool..rock on." He wasn't really in the mood to meet fans, but he was trying to be nice. I appreciate his effort. But just the fact I met him, means a lot.

Anyway...what do you guys use to clean your fretboard? I have this Guitar Research Guitar Polish, and it says you can use on all surfaces of the guitar...but I'm hesitant to use it on the fretboard.

I use a toothbrush and a pair of compasses to get the gunk off then use Lemon oil (Napatha) to lift off the crap I can't get. I then use Fret doctor (highly recommended) to give the wood a real nice colour and keep it healthy looking. Imo I wouldn't use the same treatment for the body finish/hardware on the fretboard, even if it does give its word. Wood is far more delicate and should have special attention imo.

^I must try that type of things.

im a huge behemoth fan, umm it was pretty good some parts were wrong.

Pretty much it.

Nice job though :D.

Thanks. I know some parts are wrong, but that's cos I couldn't find a decent tab so I heard the solo, got the rythm guitas and them came up with a solo that sounded similar, :lol: F.e. the first part after the first sweep should be about an octave higher I think, and some sweeping parts are not as they sould be exactly (besides I didn't play them that clean), but it was just a try so I'm happy with it, :lol:

That being said...

behemoth and cob are my favourite bands
and im looking for a good tab of slaves shall serve but i can't find :/
on ug there are some but can't open due not updated version

anyway, heres my cover
too slow at the fastpart but i think the rest is okay:)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pN7KEuGQuSg

... you killed mine dude, :lol: That was awesome!

that was good, but as failure said, some parts were wrong

i think this tab is more accurate, dno, maybe still some wrong parts in it:)
http://www.sendspace.com/file/e7ige4

Thanks a lot!

not much to tell....I just asked to take a pic with him (we were pretty close, and I didn't even smell any alcohol on him :zombie:), then I told him he's my idol, which I felt horribly stupid about later on, haha. And then I shook his hand and told him I hope to share the stage with him someday. He just said something like "that's cool, that's cool..rock on." He wasn't really in the mood to meet fans, but he was trying to be nice. I appreciate his effort. But just the fact I met him, means a lot.

Anyway...what do you guys use to clean your fretboard? I have this Guitar Research Guitar Polish, and it says you can use on all surfaces of the guitar...but I'm hesitant to use it on the fretboard.

I use a toothbrush and a cloth. I don't use specific material although I should get some.

About Alexi, I know it sounds fanboi and everything but I know the day I meet him I will make myself look like a retard, :lol: But I'm going to keep that ''I hope to share the stage with you someday'' thing of you, :lol: Thanks :kickass:

Well after palying I wipe down the neck and body and use fastfret on the strings and a little bit goes on the fretboard, but apparently thats fine- should stop it from getting as bad as my explorer-

I know I fucked a few things/parts but it's very hard for me and I think I did a considerably good job. Far from perfect, but posting it here makes me realize I make progress, so please bare with me :D.

It was also me trying out tones for something I downloaded : Revalver. Thanks Muffin :D.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pђoenix;7281807 said:
I use a toothbrush and a pair of compasses to get the gunk off then use Lemon oil (Napatha) to lift off the crap I can't get. I then use Fret doctor (highly recommended) to give the wood a real nice colour and keep it healthy looking. Imo I wouldn't use the same treatment for the body finish/hardware on the fretboard, even if it does give its word. Wood is far more delicate and should have special attention imo.
ok cool, I have lemon as well. I didn't know that was meant for the wood also, thanks :D

About Alexi, I know it sounds fanboi and everything but I know the day I meet him I will make myself look like a retard, :lol: But I'm going to keep that ''I hope to share the stage with you someday'' thing of you, :lol: Thanks :kickass:
Heeey. that's my line! haha, don't steal it from me :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjhPlUJ8Z9s

I know I fucked a few things/parts but it's very hard for me and I think I did a considerably good job. Far from perfect, but posting it here makes me realize I make progress, so please bare with me :D.

It was also me trying out tones for something I downloaded : Revalver. Thanks Muffin :D.

Alrighty, I got to listen to it! And I agree, you did a great job, BUT I don't think you should try such fast riffs yet. Like that kickass melody that starts at 1:07, you did great at the beginning of it, but you did eventually mess up. I think this is because it's still too fast for you (and me too). though I wish we could play stuff like this, I think it's smarter not to attempt it at full speed just yet :)

Could you guys tell me couple of sites or even one where I can download tabs to GP5...

I am so n00b "guitar player" so it would be big help to me.

google

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlmF7q8t8VE
A dual cover I did with a dude. My first attempt at video editing :loco:

cool deal rga121 ftw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjhPlUJ8Z9s

good job dude, room for improvement but i've never heard you at all before this so yeah

Thanks. I know some parts are wrong, but that's cos I couldn't find a decent tab so I heard the solo, got the rythm guitas and them came up with a solo that sounded similar, :lol: F.e. the first part after the first sweep should be about an octave higher I think, and some sweeping parts are not as they sould be exactly (besides I didn't play them that clean), but it was just a try so I'm happy with it, :lol:

That being said...

BEHEMOTH - Conquer All ending (solo included) 2nd attempt. Thanks a lot marfal for the great tab, now I don't have to improvise the solo, :lol: Hope is better this time. Oh BTW Cool Edit freaked me out with the drums so some rythm parts might be longer or shorter than what they should, sorry, :lol:

Enough said, just CLICK!.

yeah, I like it. Wich amp do you use?
thanks.

I can't really remember, i think it's the marshall simulation, or something. There are sounds which are very chuggy and bass heavy, but i'm not really into that.

I'm not home atm, but i could upload it tomorrow morning!