Guitar Player's Thread

you need to screw the screws deeper into the body so it pulls the floyd back up
so its clockwise:)

or if you meant you want your floyd rose closer to the body its counterclockwise, the screws away from the body

btw tell me if it really is so much better, as everyone tells its so good and omgalexi do it and shit
dno:)
but than i would need to change those screws because i fucked them up

Oh I know that, I've done this many of a times and I just completely blanked out. But the screws were/are stripped and It's such a pain to make them tighter (clockwise) like I have to take off all the springs and everything just to turn it the slightest bit. But no one know's if you go clockwise or counterclockwise to make it come down more parallel to the body? go from / to --

Oh I know that, I've done this many of a times and I just completely blanked out. But the screws were/are stripped and It's such a pain to make them tighter (clockwise) like I have to take off all the springs and everything just to turn it the slightest bit. But no one know's if you go clockwise or counterclockwise to make it come down more parallel to the body? go from / to --

screwing in to the body increases spring tension, and brings the back of the plate farther in to the cavity. screwing away from the body decreases tension and allows the bridge plate to ride up, away from the body.

^Aye.

is anyone up for another forum jam?? :):):)

Yes, I just put new strings on my gee-tar and sorted out the whole recording thing. Might even start posting in the "Cover Thread" if I have time (not this week, have finals). So yeah, a forum jam would be cool.

I guess I've gained enough confidence to try :D.

I'm in, but if you say you're taking part don't quit afterwards, or it'll end up like the last one.

Blooddrunk Solo

Learned it today, decided to record it 'cause its fun to play :p

:kickass::kickass::kickass: Seriously dude, get a band or if you don't trust the musicians around you because of their abilities then compose and Fruity Loops FTW, but make music NOW! You're great, with a bit of time you could get cool compositions. Give it a go!

Truthat, truthat. It's not like your guitar will combust into flames if you turn it the "wrong" way.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Now without the song behind it!

And I bought this 'cause it looked nice...

1z56czq.jpg

Nar, I'm just saying it's hard to hear anything but the original track. It's the same with the kids on YouTube. I'm not saying, in any way, that you can't play it.

Well, I tried hard to make the guitar "stand out" by boosting the mids and raising the volume level above the song, like how you have done in the past with your "Smile Pretty for the Devil" solo. I just personally hate the sound of MIDI and rather play over the original.

Another quick original Floyd Rose question. My high E is maybe a millimeter too close to the fretboard and too far spaced away from the other strings, how would I raise JUST the high E string/saddle. This I was never quite sure of.

- Andrew

Another quick original Floyd Rose question. My high E is maybe a millimeter too close to the fretboard and too far spaced away from the other strings, how would I raise JUST the high E string/saddle. This I was never quite sure of.

- Andrew

why is it too far away from the other strings? Aren't there little spaces near the nut lock part where you're supposed to put each string in? If you look close, you can see them in this pic
frimage008.jpg

As for raising the action only for your high string, I've read that you have to adjust the saddle for that. And you'd have to tighten the screw for that particular saddle.

edit: so I just found this on the Ibanez forum:
"If your action is too low, you may be experiencing string buzz, particularly on the larger strings. To raise the action, unscrew (counter-clockwise) the trem post with an allen wrench gradually, while constantly testing for string buzz with a pick. Remember, a little string buzz won't kill you. When it gets to the point of being heard through the amp, limiting sustain, or killing notes entirely, then it should be dealt with."

It sounds like if you do it this way, and mess with the trem post, all the strings would be effected...so I don't know if you should do it. but maybe just try it and then mess with the saddles for each string and see if it works.

why is it too far away from the other strings? Aren't there little spaces near the nut lock part where you're supposed to put each string in? If you look close, you can see them in this pic
frimage008.jpg

As for raising the action only for your high string, I've read that you have to adjust the saddle for that. And you'd have to tighten the screw for that particular saddle.

edit: so I just found this on the Ibanez forum:
"If your action is too low, you may be experiencing string buzz, particularly on the larger strings. To raise the action, unscrew (counter-clockwise) the trem post with an allen wrench gradually, while constantly testing for string buzz with a pick. Remember, a little string buzz won't kill you. When it gets to the point of being heard through the amp, limiting sustain, or killing notes entirely, then it should be dealt with."

It sounds like if you do it this way, and mess with the trem post, all the strings would be effected...so I don't know if you should do it. but maybe just try it and then mess with the saddles for each string and see if it works.

it's not just string buzzing. your pinched harmonics won't come out if your action is too low. i'd go with at least 3/32" on your treble side, and 1/8" on your bass side.

I'm learning to play Satyricon's Dark Medieval Times on guitar, though the fast folky parts have been tough. I learned Emperor's Inno A Satana before that, Death's Pull The Plug before that and most of the solo, the shredded part anyways. I don't have a camera yet though but by the look of this thread I need me one.
I may try to learn Nile's Sarcophagus after I finish DMT.

fucking awesome, i'd love to see inno a satana and sarcophagus

Blooddrunk Solo

Learned it today, decided to record it 'cause its fun to play :p

perfect

Now without the song behind it!

And I bought this 'cause it looked nice...

1z56czq.jpg

nice, i just bought TD and it's a killer fucking album. it's my first RX, i never really knew their stuff besides the instrumental crap and it's really awesome

^^^There's nothing wrong with the head stock or locking nuts. I'm not a noob at this stuff have set up many guitars in my life. I did draw a black today on Floyd Rose set up, but it was the floyd that was truely messed up and I had to do something completely different to fix it. Anyways, When looking at the guitar from the side straight down you can see the high e is at least a full MM below all the other strings. I know the string gradually go down a bit from high to low on most guitar, depending on the guitar and neck set up, but this is such a huge (yet tiny) difference. There is some string buzz etc. and the notes do sound weird on spots when pressed, probably because the string is too close to the fretboard. I just never came across a situation where I had to move just ONE saddle up and/or down with out affecting the action or intonation of any other strings or the whole floyd rose. I guess I might have to ask this question else where.