Guitar Player's Thread

Guys, check out what DHL brought me today (not 5150):
DSCN1080m.jpg

Got it from UK eBay last week where it was advertised as defected, it indeed has some hum/hiss noise that doesn't make it very playable at high volumes, but it shouldn't be expensive fix for a tech. I got a real bargain on it :D.

You lucky fucker! Me wants one too! :lol: Congrats dude. Now fixfixfix!

Noice bro. I'm gonna try and get one myself soon as well, so I can use my 5150 with it and slave it to power amp when I want to get an Alexi like tone. My favorite tones ever came from those 2 amps and they are so cheap too compared to some of these boutique amps. Win :)

Where do you get a 5150? I've searched Musik Produktiv, Music Store and that online shops but can't find one, and people speaks great things of it, so... And also, how much was it?

Damn you guys make me really want to buy a gp1000....

Me too :lol:

i play it more like this:

-----------------------------------------------10-8---------------------
-12-8---------8-11-8---------12-8----8-10-12------12-10-8-----------
------11-9-11--------11-9-11------11-----------------------11--------

+1

Buy some sawtooth inlay stickers or something. *shrugs*

Or stay with fucking kickass ESP Alexi Custom/Standard. I would get those over the SV always, as I don't want neck pickup and I like the finish way more. I'd also get the Edwards over the SV too. BUT I'd get the SV over the USA versions 200% :lol:

Where do you get a 5150? I've searched Musik Produktiv, Music Store and that online shops but can't find one, and people speaks great things of it, so... And also, how much was it?

Try searching for Peavey 6505 or 6505+. That's what 5150 is called nowadays. Dunno how big the difference to real 5150 is tho.

@orcy_uk:Inlay stickers can be bought at warmoth i guess. Real inlays then i mean.

Try searching for Peavey 6505 or 6505+. That's what 5150 is called nowadays. Dunno how big the difference to real 5150 is tho.

@orcy_uk:Inlay stickers can be bought at warmoth i guess. Real inlays then i mean.

:lol::lol: I'm not that nerd :lol: I know about it, I meant specifically 5150, cos I've tried a 6505 and not really liked it, so I want to try if it's any different.

Guys, check out what DHL brought me today (not 5150):
DSCN1080m.jpg

Got it from UK eBay last week where it was advertised as defected, it indeed has some hum/hiss noise that doesn't make it very playable at high volumes, but it shouldn't be expensive fix for a tech. I got a real bargain on it :D.

:yow:

I'm thinking about getting me a solid blue Jackson guitar when I get 200 $, it plays well, do you recommend I get it?
I dont know the model of it.

:lol::lol: I'm not that nerd :lol: I know about it, I meant specifically 5150, cos I've tried a 6505 and not really liked it, so I want to try if it's any different.
I got mine from ebay, pretty much the only way you can get a 5150 nowadays.
Well chances are, you won't like the 5150 much either because they are basically the same amps. Though the 5150's that have the EVH logo on it came with tubes they don't make anymore if I've got my facts right. Some people think those tubes sounded a little better than the stock 6505 tubes nowadays, but they are hard to find now and tubes only last so long >.>

But yeah there's basically no difference between the two. Just a different stamp since EVH took the 5150 name with him.

how much do you guys think i could reasonably ask for for the Boss MT-2 metal zone? i've seen price ranges all over the place on ebay, i don't wanna rip this person off cause they're a friend... i was thinking 40$.