Guitar Player's Thread

Thanks!
Happy-BigSmile.gif

Guys, check out what DHL brought me today (not 5150):
DSCN1080m.jpg

Got it from UK eBay last week where it was advertised as defected, it indeed has some hum/hiss noise that doesn't make it very playable at high volumes, but it shouldn't be expensive fix for a tech. I got a real bargain on it :D.
OMG, FUCK YOU VERY MUCH!

I was bidding on the same item as well, i was winning the bid. Until suddenly the guy deleted all bids and the item disappeared.
What a fucking morron that guy is, how much did you get it nazgul?

Damn, i'm so pissed off right now ...

OMG, FUCK YOU VERY MUCH!

I was bidding on the same item as well, i was winning the bid. Until suddenly the guy deleted all bids and the item disappeared.
What a fucking morron that guy is, how much did you get it nazgul?

Damn, i'm so pissed off right now ...

I was actually exepcting someone here to show up and tell me that he was also bidding on it :D.

Seller is definitely not a moron, I'm in contact with him and he seems to be a really nice guy and is very helpful even when the deal is completely finished :).

When there is something on eBay and I want it, I always first send a message to the seller to see if he has somekind of buy it now price in mind.
We agreed on the deal so he canceled the auction for me and I bought it right away.

£130 shipped

I took some group shots of my Jackson RRs today:

DSCN1090m.jpg

From left to right:
1991 Grover Jackson Dan Spitz Signature
1990 Ferrari Red Jackson PRO RR
2007 Jackson Stars Custom Shop RR
1991 Metallic black Grover Jackson Rhoads Custom Series

For more pics check out the guitar compilation thread!!

I was actually exepcting someone here to show up and tell me that he was also bidding on it :D.

Seller is definitely not a moron, I'm in contact with him and he seems to be a really nice guy and is very helpful even when the deal is completely finished :).

When there is something on eBay and I want it, I always first send a message to the seller to see if he has somekind of buy it now price in mind.
We agreed on the deal so he canceled the auction for me and I bought it right away.

£130 shipped
He probaly is a nice guy, but there were like 5 people bidding on this item and there were 5 days remaining. I mean, why would you cancel it so early?
Ebay is an online auction website, besides that ebay has a "Buy it now" function.

After i would have fix the problem, i would create a GP1000 clone of it.

Btw, nice guitars you have there.

Nazgul, 170 euro for your gp1000 including shipping? Or 10 JE1000 clone's?

To sell it quicker? I don't know...maybe he thought that it would end at less than what we agreed on? Out of curiosity, how far were you willing to bid? :D
250 euro.
I've placed a maximum bid of 100 pounds on it, and quickly after that it got removed.

God, im so pissed off right now. I've been looking after a GP1000 for almost 2 years. Now i got one, and it slipped right out of my fingers.

250 euro including shipping, or 20 JE1000 clones?

I've been looking after a GP1000 for almost 2 years. Now i got one, and it slipped right out of my fingers.

Really? I've been seeing them all the time! And if you're willing to pay 250€ for a broken one, you can easily pay a bit more for a working one!

Check out this one:
http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/msg/670059634.html

There was also one on craigslist for just 225$$! I posted the links to both on the JGP, you should look there more often! ;)

Keeping it, no matter the price.

Really? I've been seeing them all the time! And if you're willing to pay 250€ for a broken one, you can easily pay a bit more for a working one!

Check out this one:
http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/msg/670059634.html

There was also one on craigslist for just 225$$! I posted the links to both on the JGP, you should look there more often! ;)

Keeping it, no matter the price.
I've been watching the european ebay for more then 2 years, and i only saw 4 GP1000's. 1 = no money, 2 = lost the bid, 3 = bought by mitch, 4 = bought by you.

I would rather have a european seller, shipping costs (and tax) are less.

Broken or working is no problem for me ;) i love to fix/mod that stuff.
Anyway, if you cant fix it please let me know. I would love to buy it from you.

Wanna trade against alexi's stolen wildchild guitar?

Ok, the seller even told me that if I get it fixed and I won't like it, I can sell it to him back, cause he loves these aswell and is infact looking for another too.

I have no problems with buying stuff from USA. And I think 120v amps can be modded for 220v outlets too, right?

Anytime!

Nazgul:

1. Are you keeping that gold pickup ring on your Stars Custom? Are you just waiting for another large black pickup ring or something?

2. Your GP-1000, is it the European version or the US version? Mine is the EU but has the US plug socket on the end. I needed to buy an adaptor so it fit into the wall but there's no voltage conversion going on like there is with my ADA MP-1.

1. Yes, I am. I paid 30$ for it (custom made) and it's made out of brass. Alexi had a gold pickup ring on his Stone RR aswell.

2. It's the 220v EU version. It came with a UK plug on it, but I had to change it to the regular 2-pin europlug, no big deal.

This thread is going slow so here are some questions again!

1. How do you guys construct solos? I can only think of going up and down whatever scale/mode fits, how can one expand on that?

2. Nazgul ,how much did your Grover jacksons cost and from where? (if you don't mind)

3. Nazgul, whats the temperature like in Slovenia, I'm going to Metal Camp (you'd better be playing) this year, so want know what to expect

4. Tuning a guitar with a floyd up or down a semitone requires no adjustment to the system? Is this true, adjustments need only be made to 1 tone+?

5. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Fuck, I have the 2 pin euro plug but I need the UK plug. :lol:

UK plug shouldn't cost much in a hardware store..maybe like a pound or two at most. But if your amp is 120v you must use a converter or get it modded to 220v.

In my case, I just had to switch to other plug (because the amp was already 220v).

2. Nazgul ,how much did your Grover jacksons cost and from where? (if you don't mind)

3. Nazgul, whats the temperature like in Slovenia, I'm going to Metal Camp (you'd better be playing) this year, so want know what to expect

4. Tuning a guitar with a floyd up or down a semitone requires no adjustment to the system? Is this true, adjustments need only be made to 1 tone+?

1.) From Japan, both together about 2100-2200eur.

2.) Be prepared to expect close to 30°C on sunny days. But there is a nice, cool river just next to the camp area. I'm playing there with my band. We should meet then amd have a drink together! :kickass:

4.) All changes require adjustments, but some changes affect the floyd so little that you don't really have to adjust anything (like when you try different springs set-ups etc.)

1. How do you guys construct solos? I can only think of going up and down whatever scale/mode fits, how can one expand on that?

Paul Gilbert once said something pretty clever: It should come from your brain, and not your fingers (he didn't exactly say that, but that's what he meant :eek: )

Basically, just sing the melody in your head and then write it down. And overall, just try to mix things up, throw in some arpeggios here and there, some bends and some fast stuff etc.

No, no sir. You want to get yourself an ENGL. [brainwash]

In fact I want, but I don't have money, :lol:

Now go buy, quick!

Can I buy your J2SP? :lol:

this thread is so shit lately, what's going on :erk:

Dunno, but indeed it's a bit slow and shit. BTW, dunno if you saw that, but someone asked for a forum Jam and about 3-4 people agreed. Count me in and we're five. If you join 6, so might we get a shot and try to liven this up a bit?

I know how it was with Jam 4, don't get me wrong, but I don't know, Altitudes got new guitar, Earth Breather is always ok for recording, as well as Inhe and myself, Ben might even want to take part now, etc... Dunno, we could make 7 or 8 people, which would be ok for a Jam, wouldn't it?

I got mine from ebay, pretty much the only way you can get a 5150 nowadays.
Well chances are, you won't like the 5150 much either because they are basically the same amps. Though the 5150's that have the EVH logo on it came with tubes they don't make anymore if I've got my facts right. Some people think those tubes sounded a little better than the stock 6505 tubes nowadays, but they are hard to find now and tubes only last so long >.>

But yeah there's basically no difference between the two. Just a different stamp since EVH took the 5150 name with him.

Then I don't want to try 5150 anymore, :lol: I think I'll get a Laney GH100L, they got a 650€ :kickass: ofer at Musik Produktiv and my birthday is June 26th, so I think the ofer might last till then.

Before you say it, I WILL buy the album... some day :lol:

I'm just askin' for an mp3 file of the song. Tis all.

Well done, :lol:

£130 shipped

Before saying that I was jealous, now I fucking hate you! :lol:

Paul Gilbert once said something pretty clever: It should come from your brain, and not your fingers (he didn't exactly say that, but that's what he meant :eek: )

Basically, just sing the melody in your head and then write it down. And overall, just try to mix things up, throw in some arpeggios here and there, some bends and some fast stuff etc.

I wish I could write solos like that :erk: