Guitar Player's Thread

I can't listen to Earth Breather's proposal atm cos Uni computers suck at sound and that stuff and also atm they are so fucking full of viruses that most of them are running on error-safe mode or whatever it is called in english (if Inhe is kind enough to translate if he knows what I mean, I mean ''modo a prueba de errores'', :lol:).

There are two possibilities: It's either a operating system based methode like the windows "safe mode" you enter when you push F8 before windows boots.

There's also third party software which resets the status of your harddisk (or partitions) every time you start windows.

For the backing track: What about the Waltari thing?

Yup, just need a recording program, a guitar, and patience to compose your solo, :lol:

i got a recording program but shit doesn't work
when i plug in, either from the amp outline/straight from the guitar, into either the mic/line in on computer, it doesn't record, i searched all panels, maybe i didn't see some as i just got vista and i don't know anything about vista
anyway, it doesn't record.
what about a vid?, can't you take the sound off it?

UK plug shouldn't cost much in a hardware store..maybe like a pound or two at most. But if your amp is 120v you must use a converter or get it modded to 220v.

In my case, I just had to switch to other plug (because the amp was already 220v).

2.) Be prepared to expect close to 30°C on sunny days. But there is a nice, cool river just next to the camp area. I'm playing there with my band. We should meet then amd have a drink together! :kickass:

4.) All changes require adjustments, but some changes affect the floyd so little that you don't really have to adjust anything (like when you try different springs set-ups etc.)

:kickass:

I've never been able to find a J50 BC BTW on ebay..
Anyone can help me with a good passive humbucker for the bridge position of a mahoghany body guitar

I'm hardly even influenced by Alexi, i would suck at that :lol:

Bleh, you play good, so I don't think it'd take long for you to get Emin arpegio and chromatic licks down if you don't alread know them, and pentatonic is something everybody knows, :lol: And also, that's why I said try to get how Alexi can each one get, just to try something new, :lol:

It's called "felsäkrat läge" in swedish atleast :eek:

:lol::lol:

There are two possibilities: It's either a operating system based methode like the windows "safe mode" you enter when you push F8 before windows boots.

There's also third party software which resets the status of your harddisk (or partitions) every time you start windows.

For the backing track: What about the Waltari thing?

That. Waltari is ok for me if everone agrees.

when i plug in, either from the amp outline/straight from the guitar, into either the mic/line in on computer, it doesn't record, i searched all panels, maybe i didn't see some as i just got vista and i don't know anything about vista

Dunno, but you should try an fix it, otherwise how is Mitch going to put your recording in the same track as all of ours if you do a vid? Which program do you have?

I finally played through my Lee Jackson GP1000 today instead of just testing it. Wow...just wow. My 5150 can just go fuck itself now LOL. It's THAT good! It's more of a medium-gain instead of the ultra high gain 5150, but it's just enough if your guitar has somekind of boost in it or if you have a high gain pickups like Seymour&Duncans etc.

To all of you wanting COB tone.....get this preamp. It's not the JE1000, it's just this amp. I can get THE SAME EXACT tone like on the Seoul video...tone heaven! :headbang:

I'll see if I can post some videos soon. Damn exams next week and I won't get much play time :erk:.

i definately will try, but i don't see how atm
audition 3

I recently got Vista too. And Cool Edit Pro doesn't work on it. Every time I open it, the computer goes into a blue screen with a bunch of white writing and there's basically an error message on there, then I'm forced to restart.

What DOES work, tho, is Cubase SX. Try getting that.

I have something in mind. It is a backing track Mark Moore uploaded to the petrucci forum a long time ago, I still have it. Will upload tomorrow. For now see this video of this insane petrucci forum member having a go at it. We should solo over this section.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlb2UQjbGUU

Sounds good. It's a possibility.

I can take audio from vids, yes. But if you do that, you'll have to make sure that I can hear the lead guitar ONLY and make sure that it's in time.

:kickass:

I've never been able to find a J50 BC BTW on ebay..
Anyone can help me with a good passive humbucker for the bridge position of a mahoghany body guitar

I've seen about 6-10, they're on there alot.

I finally played through my Lee Jackson GP1000 today instead of just testing it. Wow...just wow. My 5150 can just go fuck itself now LOL. It's THAT good! It's more of a medium-gain instead of the ultra high gain 5150, but it's just enough if your guitar has somekind of boost in it or if you have a high gain pickups like Seymour&Duncans etc.

To all of you wanting COB tone.....get this preamp. It's not the JE1000, it's just this amp. I can get THE SAME EXACT tone like on the Seoul video...tone heaven! :headbang:

I'll see if I can post some videos soon. Damn exams next week and I won't get much play time :erk:.

Fucking AGREE'D!!! As soon as I played through mine, it sounded exactly like the dream tone I've been wanting forever. Obviously, it's not as good as Sinergy because of the rest of my gear but you can definitely hear it. You can even hear it alot in my first GP-1000 Sound Test video. The second was more of a riff demonstration.

:lol: I was going to learn that as a joke but decided against it. And the fucker looks like John Ceener from WWE. :O

howmuch has everyone paid for a gp1000 actually? is there much competition on ebay?

Depends on the year it was made, depends on the location/shipping price, depends on the overall quality of it (rack rash, bent ears, missing knobs, dents, missing paint, broken electronics etc etc).

I've seen some go for really cheap but they were beat up as fuck, some didn't ship worldwide. I got mine for quite alot but it was fucking worth it and it's in perfect condition. It actually looks BETTER in real life that it does on the pic. I thought I saw LOADS of scratches on the top and was like :erk: but when I got it, it was cleeeaaaan!!

Lovely Jubley!!

you motherfucks, i'm going to kill you all and hoarde GP-1000s in a big fucking rack with only that in it

i hate you all!

Fuck :lol:

Are you dudes crazy? I will pwn ALL your GP-1000s with ALEXEI LEIHOU TONE FROM THIS BEAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO PEDALS NEEDED!

200149.jpg

made by thomann niggas :lol:

oh and nice tone Nazgul - very audible, if they are that good I'm getting one, if only i could find one..

Yes, they cut thru the mix very EASILY. I've had more troubles in hearing 5150 when playing over mp3s (and have mids at 6/10!). Maybe it has to do a bit with the fact that 5150 still has original tubes in it (from 1994!!) and I played over 20 hours weekly on in since last July.

Here's a video sample of my GP1000 with my Jackson Stars Custom RR. Please excuse my not-so-good playing :D. In the 2nd part of the vid audio is not correctly synched up with the video, don't know how that happened :err:.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ln6afu

Would like to hear some of your comments on the tone!

Awesome dude! Tho i couldn't hear the tone THAT well, the background music kinda drowned it a little. Other than that i can only say it was kickass!:worship:

Awesome dude! Tho i couldn't hear the tone THAT well, the background music kinda drowned it a little. Other than that i can only say it was kickass!:worship:

No, the tone is so close that it's hard to distinguish between CD and me :D. You clearly hear where I play melody out of time or don't hit the power chord nicely. 2nd part of the video is over Tokyo Warhearts with mp3 completely panned to the left so you DON'T hear Alexi's guitar at all. Try it yourself, it's great to use it as a backing track this way ;).