Guitar Player's Thread

I recently got Vista too. And Cool Edit Pro doesn't work on it. Every time I open it, the computer goes into a blue screen with a bunch of white writing and there's basically an error message on there, then I'm forced to restart.

What DOES work, tho, is Cubase SX. Try getting that.

I'm pretty sure that's a sound card error because I get it sometimes too. It happens when I've had my pod connected to pc by usb, so the pod gets set as the default recording/playback device for a program (such as Cool Edit Pro). Then if you try opening the program again with the pod disconnected it still tries using that same setup resulting in the crash. The fix for me is usually to connect my pod again, then go into the program setup and switch it back to asio4all or just make sure the pod is connected when using that program.

But that may not be the same problem you're having.

Are you dudes crazy? I will pwn ALL your GP-1000s with ALEXEI LEIHOU TONE FROM THIS BEAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO PEDALS NEEDED!

200149.jpg

made by thomann niggas :lol:

Psht, that will only give you the AYDY? tone

THIS thing, is the key to getting the world famous Tokyo Warhearts sound:

d6586d766a241664808a4ff4011fb4f6.jpg

Srsly, check dat controlpanel yo

I'm pretty sure that's a sound card error because I get it sometimes too. It happens when I've had my pod connected to pc by usb, so the pod gets set as the default recording/playback device for a program (such as Cool Edit Pro). Then if you try opening the program again with the pod disconnected it still tries using that same setup resulting in the crash. The fix for me is usually to connect my pod again, then go into the program setup and switch it back to asio4all or just make sure the pod is connected when using that program.

But that may not be the same problem you're having.

No, I think you're right. It always happens when I have my pod connected via usb. I don't think I've ever tried opening the programming without the pod. I'll try doing that and then changing the device setup, and then connecting the pod.
However, Cubase doesn't detect the pod unless I have it connected to the pc right when I turn it on. And then after I open the program I have to go to the device setup and change to the asio option. And then only will it detect the pod. Anyway, thanks for the tip :)

I finally played through my Lee Jackson GP1000 today instead of just testing it. Wow...just wow. My 5150 can just go fuck itself now LOL. It's THAT good! It's more of a medium-gain instead of the ultra high gain 5150, but it's just enough if your guitar has somekind of boost in it or if you have a high gain pickups like Seymour&Duncans etc.

To all of you wanting COB tone.....get this preamp. It's not the JE1000, it's just this amp. I can get THE SAME EXACT tone like on the Seoul video...tone heaven! :headbang:

I'll see if I can post some videos soon. Damn exams next week and I won't get much play time :erk:.

You mean I spent all this time on j-50bc's and je-1000s only to find out it the Gp-1000?:erk: How would a gp-1000 sound with a Lundgren m6 pickup?

Ok guys guys guys guys.

I'm starting shiting up my tone for my Norfmentis project. What do you think of it? (The tone, the song is actually just "fucking-around-with-a-guitar-up-your-ass" improvisation)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/oin7or

Chairman said it was too scratchy, I got to admit that its true, I'm trying to get a really loud and heavy sound, well a "pulling-teeth" tone.

Ok, how often do you need to go above the 22nd fret on COB songs? I love the Jackson RR1, but it's only 22 frets. Thanks.

by itself its nice but with the song I dont think its aggresive enough and too rounded over.

Ok guys guys guys guys.

I'm starting shiting up my tone for my Norfmentis project. What do you think of it? (The tone, the song is actually just "fucking-around-with-a-guitar-up-your-ass" improvisation)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/oin7or

Chairman said it was too scratchy, I got to admit that its true, I'm trying to get a really loud and heavy sound, well a "pulling-teeth" tone.

it sounds so.....dry. You need to put more juice in it. And when the lead thing comes in, it sounds like you have too much compressor...I don't really know how else to describe it. Maybe more mids? more reverb?

I recently got Vista too. And Cool Edit Pro doesn't work on it. Every time I open it, the computer goes into a blue screen with a bunch of white writing and there's basically an error message on there, then I'm forced to restart.

What DOES work, tho, is Cubase SX. Try getting that.

weird, only blue screen i know of is when your computer fucking fails big time and everything explodes. and vista ftl

pretty good, how old are you?

You mean I spent all this time on j-50bc's and je-1000s only to find out it the Gp-1000?:erk: How would a gp-1000 sound with a Lundgren m6 pickup?

Yes, kinda. You need a GP1000, J50BC pickup and some little gain boost somewhere, it could be the JE1000, EMG PA2 or maybe a distortion/overdrive pedal and you're there! :headbang:

I have no idea...first time I hear about that pickup.

BTW, how many people here has the Lee Jackson GP1000? I know me, Mitch, Ben and Cloudini (I think he has two?)..anyone else?

And what tubes do you guys use in them? I checked mine today and they are still the original ones from the 1988! Need a change soon. My friend will lend me a set of Mesa Boogie tubes to try out...can't wait!!