Guitar Player's Thread

Dunno, but indeed it's a bit slow and shit. BTW, dunno if you saw that, but someone asked for a forum Jam and about 3-4 people agreed. Count me in and we're five. If you join 6, so might we get a shot and try to liven this up a bit?

I know how it was with Jam 4, don't get me wrong, but I don't know, Altitudes got new guitar, Earth Breather is always ok for recording, as well as Inhe and myself, Ben might even want to take part now, etc... Dunno, we could make 7 or 8 people, which would be ok for a Jam, wouldn't it?

can i take part?

Nazgul, I think mine is 220 too. I don't need a converter, just a different plug. That's why I had to buy the adaptor.

And another forum jam sounds ok, I just don't want it to be like the last. Obviously, my internet completely dying and me not being able to connect to the forum at all didn't help, plus continuous extended deadlines because of forum member injuries all didn't help so I guess a new one would go quite well.

Any suggestions for the genre/style of next jam??

1. G Blues
2. F#min/C# phrygian
3. C Major
4. F# Pentatonic Minor/b5

I don't think any of us fancy going for anything jazz or funk.

Something that would be cool imo, is to take an actual song and solo over the backing track where the real solo should be, like we did with our first and only GP4 Forum Jam in which we all wrote solos over a C#min backing track from a Kylahullut song without knowing how Alexi's solo went.

Nazgul, I think mine is 220 too. I don't need a converter, just a different plug. That's why I had to buy the adaptor.

And another forum jam sounds ok, I just don't want it to be like the last. Obviously, my internet completely dying and me not being able to connect to the forum at all didn't help, plus continuous extended deadlines because of forum member injuries all didn't help so I guess a new one would go quite well.

Any suggestions for the genre/style of next jam??

1. G Blues
2. F#min/C# phrygian
3. C Major
4. F# Pentatonic Minor/b5

I don't think any of us fancy going for anything jazz or funk.

Something that would be cool imo, is to take an actual song and solo over the backing track where the real solo should be, like we did with our first and only GP4 Forum Jam in which we all wrote solos over a C#min backing track from a Kylahullut song without knowing how Alexi's solo went.

I'll join whatever gets decided, but something along the lines of a sinergy backtrack would be awesome!

Ok, the seller even told me that if I get it fixed and I won't like it, I can sell it to him back, cause he loves these aswell and is infact looking for another too.

I have no problems with buying stuff from USA. And I think 120v amps can be modded for 220v outlets too, right?
Alright, if you dont need it anymore. Im always interested!

Yeah, they need to change the transformator to one of the correct voltage.
0102070116100104062008050625e12798172b8901cc004e17.jpg

That big thing in the right.

Damn, were is that wildchild guitar. Yesterday i had it in my hands and now i cant find it anymore ... [/SIZE]

POSTJUMP: :lol: So do I. I'm up for everything else, even for a techno BT, :lol:

can i take part?

Yup, just need a recording program, a guitar, and patience to compose your solo, :lol:

I'm in for that and I totally support Inhe's sinergy proposal, although I don't know if I'll be able to come up with anything to match the awesomeness of the BT. But sure I'll try. The worst thing that could happen is that my solo is so crap that you all get ROFL, so it'll still be useful cos laughing is great. let's go for it! :lol:

Guys, check out what DHL brought me today (not 5150):
DSCN1080m.jpg

Got it from UK eBay last week where it was advertised as defected, it indeed has some hum/hiss noise that doesn't make it very playable at high volumes, but it shouldn't be expensive fix for a tech. I got a real bargain on it :D.

sirial ?

I took some group shots of my Jackson RRs today:

DSCN1090m.jpg

From left to right:
1991 Grover Jackson Dan Spitz Signature
1990 Ferrari Red Jackson PRO RR
2007 Jackson Stars Custom Shop RR
1991 Metallic black Grover Jackson Rhoads Custom Series

For more pics check out the guitar compilation thread!!

:OMG: fuck you...please show me vids of you playing some songs from rusty cooley or something to justify your right to those..

just kidding :p

I have something in mind. It is a backing track Mark Moore uploaded to the petrucci forum a long time ago, I still have it. Will upload tomorrow. For now see this video of this insane petrucci forum member having a go at it. We should solo over this section.

Last edited by a moderator:
^That'd be cool Mr. May I suggest some Warheart or Bodom After Midnight? :lol:

On Forum Jam BT thing:

I don't think we'd get more influenced than what we are if we got some Bodom/Sinergy, and also we could ''ban'' Emin arpegio and chromatic runs so it doesn't get too Alexi-ish, :lol: But I'm in for whichever BT you guys (and gal :D) decide IF IT'S NOT FUCKING CANON ROCK! :lol: Although I must say that if Bodom or Sinergy are proposed I'll go with it, :lol: Maybe it could be cool to have an ''Alexi-ish'' jam and try to get each one some stuff in Alexi's style over a COB/Sinergy BT. Mitch would pwn all of us single-handed then, though, :lol:

I can't listen to Earth Breather's proposal atm cos Uni computers suck at sound and that stuff and also atm they are so fucking full of viruses that most of them are running on error-safe mode or whatever it is called in english (if Inhe is kind enough to translate if he knows what I mean, I mean ''modo a prueba de errores'', :lol:).

Maybe it could be cool to have an ''Alexi-ish'' jam and try to get each one some stuff in Alexi's style over a COB/Sinergy BT. Mitch would pwn all of us single-handed then, though, :lol:

I'm hardly even influenced by Alexi, i would suck at that :lol: