Guitar Player's Thread

Lol thanks for actually answering me :lol:

Yeah, a bit more mids and reverb gave the tone some "personnality". I didn't actually used a compressor, but well I did used a noisegate (My soundcard isn't a soundcard for reccording actually, so).

I'll figure something and probably post it tommorow.

Write a list of everything you're using for recording guitars. I'd be interested to see what you're using 'cause it sounds really gainy and thin, like if you were just taking the sound from the headphones jack of a small practise amp.

It might be worth you looking in the Tab Thread and reading my post on how to use impulse files to make you tone sound like you've got John Petrucci's gear.

Write a list of everything you're using for recording guitars. I'd be interested to see what you're using 'cause it sounds really gainy and thin, like if you were just taking the sound from the headphones jack of a small practise amp.

It might be worth you looking in the Tab Thread and reading my post on how to use impulse files to make you tone sound like you've got John Petrucci's gear.

Awww well.

As I don't have money at all, and I'm not especially only a Guitarist, my stuff is low, if not nothing.

My guitar is a Jay Turser Vintage shit, with I even don't know which pickups - but it's still an "Ok" guitar with an "Ok" sound.
I don't use an amp, I don't like to move it and its sleeping at my friend basement for jamming and shit.

I'm plugged directly to my ZOOM 505 Guitar pedal, then to the computer.

In Mixcraft I'm using FloofFish Noisegate and a basic EQ VST.

I've actually downloaded VoxengoBoogex before reccording that, I tried it but actually... i doesn't "improve" or "boost" my sound, it does the invert, it sound distant and... "poor". And yeah I did tried different thing and played with Voxengo, even those settings you had in the Tab Thread didn't improved my song, it might be just my pretone that doesn't work at all...

Fuck, I don't think it'll sound very meaty. Altitudes was right about the pretone thing. I think when it sounds a certain way, it's kinda unfixable. :erk:

To be honest, I think that the Revalver MKII has better tones than Voxengo Boogex. If you want, I can upload my version of it and you can try it out. You'll also need ASIO4ALL for it to have a nice sound.