Guitar Player's Thread

Hey guise

after owning the

MMO-HORSIE-2-B.jpg

Morley Bad Horsie 2 Contour Wah

for liek, 2 days. I gotta say, its the best wah i've ever had in my life, and i've had.. ONE before this! But i have tried several on various occations, and honestly.. The switchless design of this one, is second to none. It just feels amazing! And it sounds amazing too! And with the contour function, you can pretty much dial in what you want, but the standard setup is great for me:D

It has various funky things that make it better than most others. First of all, the input holes, are slightly smaller than a normal input, this makes so that you have to push it in with force, and thus it requires said force to take them out again, never giving you an issue where cables get unplugged during heavy use(this has actually happened to me with a pedal before).

Other things of notice, is the fact that when you lift your foot off the pedal, it stays "on" for about a second before it cuts, or fades out, im not actually sure if it cuts or fades, because i'm usually in the next riff by the time it stops.. This is a very nifty thing because it prevents various situations where you dont want the wah to just, cut, including when you're pulling it fully back, but still want it in wah mode, for going up again. THis is ofcourse and adjustable feature, and you can adjust it from instant off, to 3,5 second delay.

Everything from the shell itself, the interior, to the battery compartment is thought through! The battery compartment has this steel lid, meaning no plastic breakage.
The lid, which you take off completely, is secured with a small wire, to prevent you from losing it.. Inside, you have some sort of.. foam, that keeps your battery from rattling about. The whole construction of the pedal is solid, it seems like steel.

But really, the switchless design and electrooptical shit, its brilliant, so smooth and effortless. just put your foot on the pedal, and its on. remove said foot, and its off, within the delay of your choosing.

I doubt i'll ever replace this pedal.. So yeah, if you ever consider buying a wah pedal, try this one out :)

List price: $210
but you can find it way cheaper at like zzound.com
http://www.zzounds.com/item--MLYVAI2

$125

I bought mine for $170 used though. might sound stupid, but it was within the country, so no extra taxes or anything like that. Nor shipping for that matter. If i bought it from that site, it would end up more expensive than this one was, and it was basically new(almost unused), so i went for it.

Impressive speed, but I think there is such a thing as "too much muting"... It's almost as if there was NO guitar tone :/

He does mute alot, it would hardly be audible at higher speeds otherwise. But it also sounds better with a little more distortion if he's muting that much. I love the tone in the intro song.

Hey guise

after owning the

MMO-HORSIE-2-B.jpg

Morley Bad Horsie 2 Contour Wah

for liek, 2 days. I gotta say, its the best wah i've ever had in my life, and i've had.. ONE before this! But i have tried several on various occations, and honestly.. The switchless design of this one, is second to none. It just feels amazing! And it sounds amazing too! And with the contour function, you can pretty much dial in what you want, but the standard setup is great for me:D

It has various funky things that make it better than most others. First of all, the input holes, are slightly smaller than a normal input, this makes so that you have to push it in with force, and thus it requires said force to take them out again, never giving you an issue where cables get unplugged during heavy use(this has actually happened to me with a pedal before).

Other things of notice, is the fact that when you lift your foot off the pedal, it stays "on" for about a second before it cuts, or fades out, im not actually sure if it cuts or fades, because i'm usually in the next riff by the time it stops.. This is a very nifty thing because it prevents various situations where you dont want the wah to just, cut, including when you're pulling it fully back, but still want it in wah mode, for going up again. THis is ofcourse and adjustable feature, and you can adjust it from instant off, to 3,5 second delay.

Everything from the shell itself, the interior, to the battery compartment is thought through! The battery compartment has this steel lid, meaning no plastic breakage.
The lid, which you take off completely, is secured with a small wire, to prevent you from losing it.. Inside, you have some sort of.. foam, that keeps your battery from rattling about. The whole construction of the pedal is solid, it seems like steel.

But really, the switchless design and electrooptical shit, its brilliant, so smooth and effortless. just put your foot on the pedal, and its on. remove said foot, and its off, within the delay of your choosing.

I doubt i'll ever replace this pedal.. So yeah, if you ever consider buying a wah pedal, try this one out :)
awesome review man you got my attention to it now next time i will be in guitar center i will defiantly try it out. off course if they will have it

I would not buy that one personally. Sure it's not that pricey but it has a major dent and i don't think that bolt-on looks good at all. Not to mention i think its hella ugly.(That is IMHO)

Just my 2 cents...

I might btw be dropping in for a Boss BR-600+SM57 mic+ISP decimator this summer for recording purposes via miccing up my amp. Im not too fussed about having to mic my amp though...im sure it will take alot of time to get a good sound from it when i have to experiment with angle and such bs. I really don't want a Line 6 toneport either...ugh i hate the line 6 tone. I saw a Korg pandora PX4D on thomann today though...it's not that pricey. Is it worth it? This is going to be one helluva expensive summer...so far my list for possible purchases look like this.

1.Schecter C-1 Hellraiser BCH(This one is absolute need...its fixed bridge and going to be used as my ultimatum metalcore chugga chugga a la Riffage guitar)
2.ISP Decimator(found it for cheap in DCGL..the same place im getting the Hellraiser so why not?...if im going to mic my amp then this one is a fuckin must because i do get feedback and it might be just bitchy and tricky to filter it after it is micced)
3. Boss BR-600(possibly...i have no idea yet but it would be handy at home for guitar/vocal/bass recording...also it works as standalone recorder too so it wont need insane amounts of resources from my computer to work good...my computer is 4 years old anyway.)
4.Shure SM57 Microphone(though i found a shure instrumental dynamic mic lying around at home yesterday...it might be usable)
5.A new computer(Im trying to save this one for my graduation atleast)
6.A course in trying to NOT use my all my money on guitar equipment :lol:

So if i get 1,2,3,4 its gonna be like 1000€ of investment in a guitar and recording equipment :lol: I am currently working so that money won't be a problem...after 6 weeks i will afford it easily. Any other suggestions? All choices but the 1st is negotiable and changeable :lol: I can't believe im using that much money on guitar stuff again...i just got a MXR and Boss overdrive some months ago. Although those 2 seemed to be really good investments to improve my overall tone.

Long useless post and for which i will surely get only answers "you dont need any of that". Which i disagree...i motivated the need for that guitar perfectly and i dont have any recording stuff yet and i got loads of riffs and stuff id want to record and put vocals to etc etc.

Thanks for anyone caring about this:lol: If not...just skip it.

I already told you...go for it faggot and buy the preamp i linked :lol::lol::lol:
Remember that you will need a poweramp to use the sansamp
Yes indeed.

I think the Marshall 20x20 watts tube preamp should be enough. It has EL34s i think or 84s. Either way i think it can be THE win with the sansamp.:lol: It will be plenty loud for gigs and rehearsals and good for home use. Then later you can add f.e ENGL Tube preamps or shit lke that if you want or a bigger poweramp. I would suggest you get a ENGL preamp though...they are cheap and i am sure they are one helluva angry sounding thing.

yeah that marshall should do just fine

i think Gavin had one, and he kept bragging about it. that fucking cunt..

:lol:

At any rate, which 2x12 did you have in mind?

If im allowed to answer that question for him i think i can recall him talking something about the Framus 2x12 with vintage 30s. If i would to build a rack it would be like

poweramp:2x20 marshall el84
preamp:ENGL 530 preamp(very cheap for what it is)
poweramp2:marshall 50/50(for gigs)
Noisegate:ISP Decimator rackmount

thats how my dream rack would look like. pretty simple but id like the versatility to be able to switch between the 2x20 and a louder one if needed.