Guitar Player's Thread

Cool tone man- It's a bit like a cat, if that helps- how did you get it and whats your MSN ad.?

In other news, I want to scallop my cheapest guitar (squier strat) and want to know how to go about it and keep accuracy across all frets the same.

Random point- I hate chavs, I swear they are always looking to start fights, they look at everyone who goes past- if i didn't look so young, I'd probably have got into fights with the fuckers.. Can't wait till I move to Scandinavia...Just two more years

orcy_uk ;

Just get few pairs of files, 1 small one and few bigger ones. You just start slowly going from the middle back and forth, and check your work every now and then. There's definitely no need to hurry for it so do it carefully. Also make sure you dont take the wood too much off near the metallic things between frets, otherwise they just might come out of the fretboard. And also be careful when you're working nearer to the edge of the neck, it's area which might just crack easily.

Ensi: That was really cool, I liked that. Great tone, great playing!

Nazgul: Mine are the original tubes too. They're the "Lee Jackson Perfect Tubes", 12AX7A7025

Nazgul: Mine are the original tubes too. They're the "Lee Jackson Perfect Tubes", 12AX7A7025

I think mine need change...just too old! Lee told me that good tubes for GP1000 are Sovtek's and Tungsols. And to stay away from JJ ECC83S. He used chinese 12AX7 as stock tubes for GP1000s.

Didn't eBay ad for your GP1000 say that it was just re-tubed?

I think mine need change...just too old! Lee told me that good tubes for GP1000 are Sovtek's and Tungsols. And to stay away from JJ ECC83S. He used chinese 12AX7 as stock tubes for GP1000s.

Didn't eBay ad for your GP1000 say that it was just re-tubed?

I don't know, I can't remember. :lol: I think so...now that you mention it. But they're definitely what I said 'cause I have the pics from the seller when I asked about them.

hmmm
i'm actually thinking of getting a sansamp plus a nice 2x12 instead of a half stack...i'd just need it for home use and if i got a rehearsal place and stuff i could always add some stuff...what do u guyz think of that idea?

it sounds so.....dry. You need to put more juice in it. And when the lead thing comes in, it sounds like you have too much compressor...I don't really know how else to describe it. Maybe more mids? more reverb?

Lol thanks for actually answering me :lol:

Yeah, a bit more mids and reverb gave the tone some "personnality". I didn't actually used a compressor, but well I did used a noisegate (My soundcard isn't a soundcard for reccording actually, so).

I'll figure something and probably post it tommorow.