Guitar Player's Thread

I cannot speak for him, but i will speak for myself and say that on RR's, i feel that 1 hum, is not only smoother looking (for me), but also i wouldn't use the kind of pickups i'd play Clean on, and seeing as i never use the neck pickup when i play with distortion/overdrive (atleast not would with an RR, for leads in that fashion i would surely pick an other guitar, suchas a RG for example, or a Jackson soloist.), hence i would never actually miss it.

Different styles of music tailors guitars of various brands and models, at least for me. For a chunky open C tuning, i would never use the neck pickup, i just wouldnt benefit in any way of using it

I finally have a band in the works for the summer, some older people found me and want to play guitar for their female fronted metal band, they want to do symphonic gothic metal like nightwish, epica whatever but im gonna make the guitar riffs kick ass haha.

I like the way at the end you just push the camera away like "Ah fuck this!" :lol:

Anyway it sounded good to me, nice work.

^^Nice vid dude. Make sure it's not the last one, it rocked.

Because I never use it, I never play clean things and I like more the brighter tone from the bridge p-up. And I don't like having toogles around and switches and stuff. I like simplicity, so I prefer just one. I mean, the toogle on my RG hasn't moved from the bridge positon since dinosaurs walked on this planet, :lol:

Also, as I play in a death metal band with just one guitar I'm used to a heavy load of gain and kind of trebly tone with quite a bit of bass, and that sounds shit with the neck p-up, so I never ever use it.

I cannot speak for him, but i will speak for myself and say that on RR's, i feel that 1 hum, is not only smoother looking (for me), but also i wouldn't use the kind of pickups i'd play Clean on, and seeing as i never use the neck pickup when i play with distortion/overdrive (atleast not would with an RR, for leads in that fashion i would surely pick an other guitar, suchas a RG for example, or a Jackson soloist.), hence i would never actually miss it.

Different styles of music tailors guitars of various brands and models, at least for me. For a chunky open C tuning, i would never use the neck pickup, i just wouldnt benefit in any way of using it

Well, for me it's not a matter of looks or uses of the guitars, but just I like simpliticy and I never use the neck p-up. Also the distortion thing I mentioned to Swabs is a huge reason on my no need of neck p-up.

Hey guys I was thinking about my MM-04 today

I was wondering if i could think of a way to take it out of my guitar and make it an external effect pedal type thing. like put it in a stomp box sized enclosure, and add a foot switch for true-bypass,

That way I could...

1. Turn the actual mid boost function on and off; bypassing the MM-04 completely. as opposed to having to take off the back panel of my guitar and turn off the dip switches.
2. I could use the "mm-04 pedal" with any of my guitars, as my Jackson with my MM-04 sounds almost too drastically different then any of my other guitars.

What do you guys think about this?

Dunno dude, if you want it for all the guitars ask an electrician or a luthier about it, but if you don't mind having it just on your Jackson why don't you drill a hole in it and then be able to switch it on and off whenever you want?

POSTJUMP: Mine is 26th :kickass:

Oh and BTW, I was in a Sinergy mood today. Tips and stuff apreciated:

They are all in D cos I didn't have the time to tune my guitar to C#.

Swarmed melodies
Beware The Heavens intro
Razorblade Salvation solo

People don't realize that the midboost/EQ function is on all the time, the toggle switch just controlls the clean db gainboost that you set with the trim pot. I wish it controlled both the midboost and the gainboost all at once but it doesn't, to turn off the midboost you need to go inside and un-click all the dipswitches which are smaller than a pencil tip.

The actual midboost, affects the sound of your guitar in a big way, but really takes away a lot of the high end sparkle and brightness of the pickups for cleans. I find it works great with some of my amps and sounds bad with others.