Guitar Player's Thread

Could you not try raising the floyd slightly?
Pretty much tried that a while ago. It did not affect it.
action = too low., raise floyd rose until it doesn't buzz. bring it all the way down, and raise each post one whole turn untul it doesn't buzz, lower it a half, and find tune accordingly.

Nope...:( It's just the G string at the 7th fret. It fuckin bugs me so much. I can't make it "unbuzzable" with action adjusting it seems :erk:

JE1000 uses 50k pots...where can you get 50k push-pull pots?

Yeah, the JE1000 has a volume pot that is 50k. The volume pot of the JE1000 is (normally) mounted to the PCB. And it normally stays in your cavity hole.

But the 500k pot in my picture is the "master" volume pot of your guitar. So this one has to be replaced by a push/pull pot.

Btw: The 500k is for passive humbuckers. Single coils and active humbuckers have a other value.

how high is yours? like 3 or 4?

Don't have a ruler, but its about 3 cm, more or less.

EDIT: 2.5 if I measured correctly. Seems higher than what most people play.

Ok good job, but get in a band NOW! :kickass:

lolz, I'm in a "band" on-and-off at the moment. We try to play once a week but we have trouble establishing a practice date and finding a bassist!

lolz, I'm in a "band" on-and-off at the moment. We try to play once a week but we have trouble establishing a practice date and finding a bassist!

Try HARDER! :mad:

Yeah, the JE1000 has a volume pot that is 50k. The volume pot of the JE1000 is (normally) mounted to the PCB. And it normally stays in your cavity hole.

o_rly.jpg

ALL the guitars I've ever seen with JE1000 or JE1200 boosts had that 50k volume pot as the master volume for the whole guitar. Outside of the guitar.

2.5 CENTIMETRES?

Are you sure you don't mean milimetres? because that's rediculously high... like bowing the neck high, seriously you could fire an arrow with that action.

^I was going to say the exact same thing, :lol: I freaked out when I read that, :lol:

Good, but work on your tone. It seems kinda weird in the mix and very clippy.

Thanks dude. I try to, but it's not easy with my cheapass computer, :lol: The soundcard is shit and I record pluging directly into the mic cos I don't have any USB stuff like Tone Port or whatever. Hopefully one day I'll get a better soundcard kind of like Mitch or a USB interface like you and get rid of so much extra noise. I mean, I have to record the leads with a cloth covering the strings on the locking nut end so they don't make weird noises and buzz while I play, :lol: I'll get a picture of it next time I record something, :lol:

Ok good job, but get in a band NOW! :kickass:

+3450893745068329746 :kickass:

I jammed to Joe Satriani's "the Forgotten (Part 2)" yesterday. that song just rocks, and is pretty emotional for no lyrics.

2.5 CENTIMETRES?

Are you sure you don't mean milimetres? because that's rediculously high... like bowing the neck high, seriously you could fire an arrow with that action.

I realized this last night but didn't edit my post! I was about to go to sleep thinking "2.5 cm? That is like 1 inch!" :lol::lol::lol:

Nah, I'm not even sure. Maybe a little more than 2.5 mm from the 12th fret.