Guitar Player's Thread

Hey guys I was thinking about my MM-04 today

I was wondering if i could think of a way to take it out of my guitar and make it an external effect pedal type thing. like put it in a stomp box sized enclosure, and add a foot switch for true-bypass,

That way I could...

1. Turn the actual mid boost function on and off; bypassing the MM-04 completely. as opposed to having to take off the back panel of my guitar and turn off the dip switches.
2. I could use the "mm-04 pedal" with any of my guitars, as my Jackson with my MM-04 sounds almost too drastically different then any of my other guitars.

What do you guys think about this?

Why not just use a clean boost? or a clean boost linked with a EQ.

I'm consistently amazed by how good of a motley crue tone i get out of my "custom" white rhoads. I've got the PA-2 in it and it hit my Soldano patch on my pod, flip that bitch, hit the chorus and i've got "girls, girls, girls" in my mutha fucking fingertips. bitch.

First and maybe last time I post a vid of myself...

Tell me what you think of my Swab picking

Post more recordings clips or vids in the future, it would be a shame if this was your last vid :p Writing new material for Elderoth btw? :kickass:

I like the way at the end you just push the camera away like "Ah fuck this!"

^ This :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
ARRRRRRRGHHH! I got horrible fret buzz on the 7th frret G-string. What the f00k. Annoying as hell...i really have to get that string swapped out.

Hey guys I was thinking about my MM-04 today

I was wondering if i could think of a way to take it out of my guitar and make it an external effect pedal type thing. like put it in a stomp box sized enclosure, and add a foot switch for true-bypass,

That way I could...

1. Turn the actual mid boost function on and off; bypassing the MM-04 completely. as opposed to having to take off the back panel of my guitar and turn off the dip switches.
2. I could use the "mm-04 pedal" with any of my guitars, as my Jackson with my MM-04 sounds almost too drastically different then any of my other guitars.

What do you guys think about this?
People don't realize that the midboost/EQ function is on all the time, the toggle switch just controlls the clean db gainboost that you set with the trim pot. I wish it controlled both the midboost and the gainboost all at once but it doesn't, to turn off the midboost you need to go inside and un-click all the dipswitches which are smaller than a pencil tip.

The actual midboost, affects the sound of your guitar in a big way, but really takes away a lot of the high end sparkle and brightness of the pickups for cleans. I find it works great with some of my amps and sounds bad with others.

You could use a Push/pull pot to bypass your JE1000.

Like this:
mm04bypasshn3.jpg

ARRRRRRRGHHH! I got horrible fret buzz on the 7th frret G-string. What the f00k. Annoying as hell...i really have to get that string swapped out.

action = too low., raise floyd rose until it doesn't buzz. bring it all the way down, and raise each post one whole turn untul it doesn't buzz, lower it a half, and find tune accordingly.

did it just get warmer in your area? my action suffered from it too. look if the strings have the same distance at the 7th fret and the 12th to the fretboard. if not, adjust your truss rod
and adjust it back when its getting colder

^I was thinking the same thing

You might need to adjust both the floyd and hte truss, but it should do the trick. I can't imagine the string starts buzzing on its own on one fret, just because its old. The only explanation i can think of for that, must be that the metal in the string has somehow sagged and acummulated gunk around the 8th fret (thus causing the buzz when you hold the 7th), but thats preeetty farfetched

did it just get warmer in your area? my action suffered from it too. look if the strings have the same distance at the 7th fret and the 12th to the fretboard. if not, adjust your truss rod
and adjust it back when its getting colder
Actually yeah...we are getting like 20-30 temperatures now...2 weeks ago it was like 15. Anyways...i gott check that.
^I was thinking the same thing

You might need to adjust both the floyd and hte truss, but it should do the trick. I can't imagine the string starts buzzing on its own on one fret, just because its old. The only explanation i can think of for that, must be that the metal in the string has somehow sagged and acummulated gunk around the 8th fret (thus causing the buzz when you hold the 7th), but thats preeetty farfetched

HMmmm.....sagged?(thinks hard)...

OHHH SHIIIT! Now i remember something. When i got the DR 11-50 set there was one string that was like a "little curve" on one spot. I thought "wtf...it will stretch out". It did not fix itself immediately but it was not visible the next day. I bet it's somehow that "dead" spot on the string where that curve was that is giving away the fret buzz. Or then its the temperature/truss rod/FR whatever. It's pretty annoying. I got to see what i can do after work tomorrow.