Guitar Player's Thread

not that many tbh. I've tried DRs (which give good tone, but don't feel nice on my fingers the way D'Addario does) and I've tried D'addorios and another set that came on my my first ibanez, which I can't remember now.

Question: what sites do you guys use to get sound fonts? besides hammersound?

Woohoo the monthly string convo is back again :eek: I'm with Mystique about D'addarios; they feel nice, have nice hollowish tone and have never snapped on me. Although, I'm currently using Elixers.

What do you guys reckon to this? If I ever got a xiphos I think I would refinish it either matt black or, like below, flourescent caparison orange. (Not the best job as I did it in paint but you get the idea.)

orangexiphos.jpg

not that many tbh. I've tried DRs (which give good tone, but don't feel nice on my fingers the way D'Addario does) and I've tried D'addorios and another set that came on my my first ibanez, which I can't remember now.

You should try GHS...they feel slightly softer than DR and doesnt have that bad tone either :kickass: Boomers ftw!

I mainly google'd them.

Hey Guys !
I have a question, Me and my band want to record and we choose line 6 toneport but what is the best choise between the Ux1 and the Ux2? what is the price? and Are those 2 toneport doing a great job for recording ?

Thx to reply!

Question about phrasing/rhythmic displacement: Are you supposed to accent the actual rhythmic notes (tempo-wise) or the phrased notes (pattern-wise)?

For example, when playing four-note phrases in a triplet rhythm, do you accent every four notes or three notes?

there's no "supposed to" about it. turn your brain off, you're using it too much. just close your eyes, use your ears, you'll figure it out. i'm not kidding about the eye closing by the way. people get too obsessed with their other senses and they forget to enjoy the primary part of the music, i.e. the auditory portion :p

I use cheapass Dunlop 10-52 strings cos cheap strings are cheap and they feel good for me :kickass: I'm also a D'Addario hater. They wear off way too quickly.

My friend who got a ESP Alexi Scythe CS is coming here tomorrow morning.

I'm going to take pics..:cool:

Quick!

I realized this last night but didn't edit my post! I was about to go to sleep thinking "2.5 cm? That is like 1 inch!" :lol::lol::lol:

Nah, I'm not even sure. Maybe a little more than 2.5 mm from the 12th fret.

:lol: Now it's still really high but a bit more normal, :lol:

So I bought some Ernie Ball "Skinny Top Heavy Bottoms" today, 10-52 gauge.

They're really nice so far. Tuned it to Open C, and with my mahogany body + EMGs guitar it sounds brutally Death Metal :lol: But the string quality is also considerably higher than the D'Addario's I used to get... Hell D'Addarios are shit really. they always snapped on me. I think I'll be sticking with Ernie Ball from now on.

That's the only thing I don't like from floyds, :lol: But meh, I almost never move from D standard/drop C, :lol:

Oh wow..and you still played Sixopunder solo flawlessly :worship:notworthy.

Action on all of my guitar are about 1.2mm-1.3mm over the 12th fret. If I put a Jazz III pick between the strings and the 12th fret...it stays in and doesn't fall.

Same here. It feels way more comfortable to me.

I just tried the ESP Alexi Scythe Custom Shop version and it just... AMGKICKASS!!! SRSLY

Will post pics later !

You lucky bastard... but your friend way more, :lol:

Don't have a ruler, but its about 3 cm, more or less.

EDIT: 2.5 if I measured correctly. Seems higher than what most people play.

that's not to bad i suppose, mines 2 which is average

Oh wow..and you still played Sixopunder solo flawlessly :worship:notworthy.

Action on all of my guitar are about 1.2mm-1.3mm over the 12th fret. If I put a Jazz III pick between the strings and the 12th fret...it stays in and doesn't fall.

fuck thats really damn low

my god i'm learning masquerade, eve of seduction, set the world on fire, and domination all by symphony x and im having the time of my life because they all challenge me but there not all ridiculously hard. but god damn i have a fun time playing them

fuck alexi putting 3 note per string tapping sixteenth notes licks in sinergy solos that feel like they should be played in like triplet feel but instead they have to fit into sixteenth note timing over a triplet kick drumbeat. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH im gonna go insane with this one

(Spit on your grave solo at 2.25)

Also those verse arpeggio fills are the same concept but opposite, they feel like they should be played like sixteenth notes yet you have to play them in a triplet feel so the downbeat of each triplet grouping is not where you'd expect it to be in the lick

fuck alexi putting 3 note per string tapping sixteenth notes licks in sinergy solos that feel like they should be played in like triplet feel but instead they have to fit into sixteenth note timing over a triplet kick drumbeat. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH im gonna go insane with this one

Are you drunk?:lol:

ok here is me playing at my recital, Forgive the sideways video my sister didnt realize it would do this. A couple mistakes but it should give you an idea as to how I play.

Last edited by a moderator: