Guitar Player's Thread

Hai guise. What picks do you use?

I noticed recently, when I had my amp back from repair (tube change) so I can sound more like omg alexi (well not really. The Laney VC50 just had some shitty tubes and speakers, so I've changed them, and it sounds very marshall/lee jacksony now) - THAT! :O:O when using for example tortex picks on the really high frets on the e string, the notes did not come out as clear, as when say for example I used a Jazz III.
Now I hate jazz III for rythm playing. They're just too small. I tried the big ones, but I kinda hate them :rofl:.

I really LOVE playing with Dunlop USA 2.00 mm, but I find them to sound like shit with this more mid-oriented sound.

So what works for you?

I use dunlop USA 1.14 mm... they're pink :lol:

Mitch have you decided any BT for the Jam or anything?

Oh, and side note: Overthrown is sick, :lol: I'm trying at 50% atm, but still noisy and not really clear. I manage great at 25%, but when I go to 50% shit happens, :lol:

^Mitch, how many songs would you say you have tabbed from scratch, cause i think u keep spitting them out :D

I dno, about 200/300 or something.

Mitch have you decided any BT for the Jam or anything?

Not yet. The one that Earth Breather uploaded had a cool section but I'll give it another look tonight since I'm off work for the weekend, I'll upload a .rar file of stuff later on.

Sounds just like any other technical br00tal progressive over-the-top jazz-jizz metal

I like that dude's tone, but I dislike the fact that all of the videos have "Insanely Amazing". He's good, but it's been done a million times.

Edit: After listening to it a few times, it's freaking brilliant. :kickass:

i went to this big music store nearby, where i bought my alexi, but this time to go amp testing. so i go there, bring my guitar and this really nice guys come and brings me into the back room where tay nice amps are. so i played...

mesa rect-o-verb
mesa dual rec roadster
randall rh300
marshall jvm
peavey 6505+

the rect-o-verb was just you normal mesa sounding amp, it was pretty good though

the rh300 was fucking amazing for the price (600) and it was really cool

the jvm is really nice it has 6 channels its pretty cool, pretty classic marshall sound but it can get pretty br00tz, lots of gain build up

the 6505+...i've played it before but now i really don't like it, not enough punch and was just meh

the roadster....FUCKING HELL it slayed all of these amps, so god damn amazing i've decided its between this or some sort of ENGL and its only 2k for the head which is a decent price. i just fucking love all the options, you have wet/spongy and those little damn switch's that changes the character of the tone, and you got fuckin switchable 6l6's and el34's fuckin genious. ROADSTER FTW!