Guitar Player's Thread

Ive almost got "I spit on your grave" solo down, decided to re-string my jackson in D yesterday and learn some Sinergy!

Nice one!! Sinergy ftw!

And just out of interest, how have you decided to play the intro?

I wrote a tab and posted it here as one of my first posts on the forum ever and it was about 3/4 different possible ways of playing it but I've never known the way that Alexi does it because there's no video.

Well imo, it's one of two ways.

D-057-057-057-057-058-058-058-058-

Or

D---5-7---5-7---5-7----5-7----5-8----5-8---5-8---5-8--
A-5-----5-----5------5------5------5------5-----5------

The first way is obviously easier but it's probably the second, because the other arpeggios need to be played that way because you can't use the open string.

10moava.jpg

Live @ Sauna Open Air Festival (07-06-08)

[AUDIO CONVERTED & UPLOADED BY MITCH.D]

† http://www.sendspace.com/file/cwo1ub †

Or

The first way is obviously easier but it's probably the second, because the other arpeggios need to be played that way because you can't use the open string.

Im doing it the 057 way, and its working alright

this one below is so hard though because i have short fingers

D---5--10
A-6

The verse leads Ive found a bunch of different tabs for the verse arpeggios so i kind of play them my own way im not sure if the second arpeggio is supposed to be an Fmajor or an Gmin with a C as the top note instead of a D

So like either this

D-10-7
A------8
F--------7

or like this

D-10-8
A------10
F---------9

I finally got down the timing for the tapping lick in the solo, it took me forever because i was feeling it in triplets when it was just normal sixteenth notes over a triplet beat. I slowed it down into 4 note chunks so i could feel where the accent of the beat was, in the middle of a pulloff in some parts of the lick so I finally got the groove down.

Im very glad i practice right now, i didnt used to and would just be satisfied with trying to play something fast that i couldn't do and it would be sloppy. I love practicing slow with a metronome or some other drum machine now to get things perfect and then slowly work them up.

Or

I play it this way:

-0-5-7-0-5-8--8-12------10-0-5-8-0-4-7
-------------8------6-10---------------

this one
----------6-10---
is pretty hard cause you can play it in so many different qays and noone is easy

Some new but rather boring Necrophagist news.

.:| 09 June 2008
New Live Dates Added
A bit late, but here are 2 festival appearances Necrophagist will make in June 2008:

Jun. 20 - Summer Nights Open Air |A| www.summer-nights.at
Jun. 22 - Hellfest Open Air |FR| www.hellfest.fr

See you there!​

Also, Rusty Cooley has re-mixed and re-mastered his solo stuff, it's on his myspace! I actually like, except when the playing just gets too wanky, what do y'all think?

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=7340213

Me messin around with I Spit on Your Grave. Started learning it a few days ago, I like to videotape myself playing so i can review see where i need to improve and such. I almost got the verse arpeggios down in the second verse, solo needs more slow practicing haha.

I'll make a full video of the whole song when im actually good at it :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha, the end :lol: "wank wank wank!! ...fuck you" It sounded cool, but there were some sloppy parts and out of timez.

Question to Mitch:
Which should i get? Line 6 Toneport UX1 or Korg PX4D Pandora? Im asking you because you know about the pandora but i think you recall saying the PX4D is not good compared to PX4. Anyways im going to start recording stuff so i need like a toneport or something. Toneports are really cheap at the moment and not bad at all...roughly 100€ for one.