Guitar Player's Thread

ok here is me playing at my recital, Forgive the sideways video my sister didnt realize it would do this. A couple mistakes but it should give you an idea as to how I play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dyAtKdDXOs

Awesome job man! You make me want to play again, i haven't played violin in 2 years!

I used to play that song when i took violin lessons,

Does your teacher use the Suzuki method? I know he put that vivaldi song in one of those books.

If you do use Suzuki, i think its awesome but if I had to do it again i would just get the hell away from that and just learn music from other sources. The Suzuki method makes robots not musicians IMO.

Awesome job man! You make me want to play again, i haven't played violin in 2 years!

I used to play that song when i took violin lessons,

Does your teacher use the Suzuki method? I know he put that vivaldi song in one of those books.

If you do use Suzuki, i think its awesome but if I had to do it again i would just get the hell away from that and just learn music from other sources. The Suzuki method makes robots not musicians IMO.

nah she doesnt use the suzuki method but we do look at songs from the books.

Thats cool. I hated suzuki but i guess it helped me learn guitar better haha. I kind of miss playing violin now, I did for many years and towards the end of highschool i was really not into it, but i decided to go to college for it and my professor was a bitch and she made me hate it so much that i just flat out quit, and havent played in 2 years since. I think i would like it if i just played for enjoyment and didnt have some teacher saying "you have to play at my studio recital and learn X many peices in X many periodical styles"

Why do i not spot the "made in germany" stamp somewhere? Shouldnt it be right next to the arm?
541122_800.jpg

that picture was from a OFR sold at thomann.

Good job Conti !!

Thats cool. I hated suzuki but i guess it helped me learn guitar better haha. I kind of miss playing violin now, I did for many years and towards the end of highschool i was really not into it, but i decided to go to college for it and my professor was a bitch and she made me hate it so much that i just flat out quit, and havent played in 2 years since. I think i would like it if i just played for enjoyment and didnt have some teacher saying "you have to play at my studio recital and learn X many peices in X many periodical styles"

I quit playing violin for almost the same reason

I learned it with the Suzuki method too, and I think it's a really good method to learn a first instrument... but eventually I got really tired of practicing so much especially since my teacher would never let me choose what I could play (so I was forced to learn the pieces she decided for me and most of the times I didn't like them)

I was really into Vivaldi, but she never made me play anything he wrote (Except the Concerto in A Minor, but still, I wanted to play more)... then eventually I asked her if I could play some stuff by Apocalyptica that we could arrange for violin, she said no, and kept making me play stuff I didn't like...

So I quit lessons and switched to guitar. I still play violin for fun, and I play what I like... but it's not the same because without a teacher sometimes you can't play at your best because you still need advice... I had lessons for 10 years but I guess that wasnt enough :lol:

But anyway, I think you should try playing it again because it'd be a shame if you like... forgot how to play it or something... like a lot of people do...

I mean if you learned an instrument, keep playing it at least once in a while to keep your skills, you shouldnt ruin all that work you've done for so many years.

[/too many words to say one thing]

ALL the guitars I've ever seen with JE1000 or JE1200 boosts had that 50k volume pot as the master volume for the whole guitar. Outside of the guitar.
Damn, are you sure?
I dont have a JE1000 or JE1200 myself, so i can't figure it out.

Mm ... then i have to rethink something.

Thank you for letting me know ;)

Good job Conti !!

I quit playing violin for almost the same reason

I learned it with the Suzuki method too, and I think it's a really good method to learn a first instrument... but eventually I got really tired of practicing so much especially since my teacher would never let me choose what I could play (so I was forced to learn the pieces she decided for me and most of the times I didn't like them)

I was really into Vivaldi, but she never made me play anything he wrote (Except the Concerto in A Minor, but still, I wanted to play more)... then eventually I asked her if I could play some stuff by Apocalyptica that we could arrange for violin, she said no, and kept making me play stuff I didn't like...

So I quit lessons and switched to guitar. I still play violin for fun, and I play what I like... but it's not the same because without a teacher sometimes you can't play at your best because you still need advice... I had lessons for 10 years but I guess that wasnt enough :lol:

But anyway, I think you should try playing it again because it'd be a shame if you like... forgot how to play it or something... like a lot of people do...

I mean if you learned an instrument, keep playing it at least once in a while to keep your skills, you shouldnt ruin all that work you've done for so many years.

[/too many words to say one thing]

The same stuff that kept me from picking up an instrument, untill I picked up guitar and decided to learn it on my own (with a little help from my father :p).

I hate when it's forced, and feel like work.
Sure, you have to sit down and practice scales and do metronome stuff, but it's not fun having someone saying do this and this within this and that time.

And I agree, Vivaldi is awesome.
Some classical just plain out bores me, but Vivaldi is always interesting.
Just bought an album with lots of his compositions. Really inspiring.

He's one of the only classical composers I can listen to at almost any time.
Others might have some compositions of same value, but there's lots of it I can only listen to when really in the mood.

Never played Violin though...My mother did :rofl:

Haha sorry to hear that from you guys but I pretty much do what I feel like and my teacher is awesome XD. I've been taking lessons for a couple months now I think it's really helping.

I actually think mine is 2 mm too.

Wow, too high for me.

fuck alexi putting 3 note per string tapping sixteenth notes licks in sinergy solos that feel like they should be played in like triplet feel but instead they have to fit into sixteenth note timing over a triplet kick drumbeat. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH im gonna go insane with this one

(Spit on your grave solo at 2.25)

Also those verse arpeggio fills are the same concept but opposite, they feel like they should be played like sixteenth notes yet you have to play them in a triplet feel so the downbeat of each triplet grouping is not where you'd expect it to be in the lick

Major :lol:

Awesome. The last run is like he had been waiting for it and then he went in OMGPetrucci mode and raped the world, :lol:

ok here is me playing at my recital, Forgive the sideways video my sister didnt realize it would do this. A couple mistakes but it should give you an idea as to how I play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dyAtKdDXOs

Great! You play really good dude.

Hai guise. What picks do you use?

I noticed recently, when I had my amp back from repair (tube change) so I can sound more like omg alexi (well not really. The Laney VC50 just had some shitty tubes and speakers, so I've changed them, and it sounds very marshall/lee jacksony now) - THAT! :O:O when using for example tortex picks on the really high frets on the e string, the notes did not come out as clear, as when say for example I used a Jazz III.
Now I hate jazz III for rythm playing. They're just too small. I tried the big ones, but I kinda hate them :rofl:.

I really LOVE playing with Dunlop USA 2.00 mm, but I find them to sound like shit with this more mid-oriented sound.

So what works for you?