Guitar Player's Thread

haha, I think that's like a defense mechanism. A lot of ppl claim that they have shitty recordings or they suck but still post their vids when they know it's pretty good. I mean seriously, I don't think he would truly believe the tone on this vid sucks

Well. Some people could say omg this tone sucks, because of small things, listeners normally would even listen after. I know for one, I am such a guy.

I like the tone on that video though. But if you're the one sitting with it, you can analyze and do stuff, wich you can't as a listener and you can find tiny things, that might let you think, the tone sucks.

For example, if I LISTEN to Sinergy, I love the tone. If I watch from a players point of view, I sometimes find this and that. But then I change my mind, and I find this and that.
I do that all the time with my amp. Right now, I've settled with the tone I have. But it has taken me atleast one year with this amp to be satisfied.

Lolwut?!
But seriously though good choice, hasn't that model been discontinued?

And Metallica is back (sort of)!!!!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPWlzBsJfxA&feature=related[/ame]

And Paul's new axes-

From March issue of Young Guitar magazine

Last edited by a moderator:
And Mitch, may I suggest 12 Donkeys' and Nightwish's Crownless solo sections as options for the Forum Jam 5? They are cool and easy BTs to solo over IMO, and quite cool.

I don't know the Crownless solo backing too well but the bit in 12 Donkeys is pretty cool. Plus, the backing track is great quality with rhythm guitars already recorded by the best Finnish metallers.

And if you guys want to jam over the NAMM-Techno thing, inform me because I have the backing track (needs to be edited though).

I would be interested in hearing that!

haha, I think that's like a defense mechanism. A lot of ppl claim that they have shitty recordings or they suck but still post their vids when they know it's pretty good. I mean seriously, I don't think he would truly believe the tone on this vid sucks:

I don't think the tone is bad in that vid but some recordings I've done, I'm not too satisfied with.

Sorry to ignore everyone in here but I need to do this.

Here's a bunch of backing tracks for any future forum jams.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/rjwl9a

Also included and possibilities is the 12 Donkeys track and the BT that Corny has that I'm hoping he'll edit and upload for us to hear.

Lets get some votes in here as to what most of you want to solo over!!

I don't know the Crownless solo backing too well but the bit in 12 Donkeys is pretty cool. Plus, the backing track is great quality with rhythm guitars already recorded by the best Finnish metallers.

You have a great point there. Plus we'd be soloing over the same place as OMGAlexi :lol: That doesn't matter, but the fact that it's high quality studio recording BT does matter quite a bit, it'd be really cool.

About Crownless, if you haven't checked it out properly, I think you really should. IMO is the coolest Nightwish solo (and I usually don't like their solos, :lol:) and is a really cool solo, I think you should check it out.

some metal BASS RIFFAGE test clips
i have been massing with sound and trying new shit
i know there are no bassist here but you are welcomed to check it out any way

bass riffage
http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6625563
bass riffage 2
http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6625584

Listening, wait a minute for comments.

WOW! Looks like a truck is going over you and crushing your bones! I really like the tone and they are cool riffs IMO, nice job. Oh, and great playing.

Also included and possibilities is the 12 Donkeys track and the BT that Corny has that I'm hoping he'll edit and upload for us to hear.

Thanks! Voting in half an hour :kickass:

The one called "Jam Track - PRACTICE TRX 19"... I am not sure it might be ok for the jam, but as far as I'm concerned, I love the backing track on its own... could have been a great song to me, because it's got just that kind of melody I seem to like a lot.

And... the track "Jam Track - PRACTICE TRX 05" and the last track, the one called "markmoorebackingtrack", sound nice to me... but I am not involved so... let's hear the players' opinions, hope soon. I'm curious. :)

I would have to go with Markmoorebackingtrack, it's actually a pretty cool song too :eek:

Btw, superlulz

some metal BASS RIFFAGE test clips
i have been massing with sound and trying new shit
i know there are no bassist here but you are welcomed to check it out any way

bass riffage
http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6625563
bass riffage 2
http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6625584

Hm.. Well, i feel kinda bad saying this, but i didn't like the tones too well.. They sounded a bit too hollow, and honky imo.. Maybe its just me thats untrained in terms of bass, i'm just so used to the bass sound of the bassist in my band.. it sounds a bit cool though.. I like your playing style btw

Fuck you Matias! :lol: I don't mind how long it goes, but if it's started after the 23rd I won't have a computer to record, :lol:

About the BT, I like all except the markmoorebackingtrack which it's too weird for me to solo over at least with the first try I've done with all of them. But if I were to choose my choice would be 12 Donkeys solo section.

Fuck you Matias! :lol: I don't mind how long it goes, but if it's started after the 23rd I won't have a computer to record, :lol:

About the BT, I like all except the markmoorebackingtrack which it's too weird for me to solo over at least with the first try I've done with all of them. But if I were to choose my choice would be 12 Donkeys solo section.

the part in the mark moore track is at 1:16

example

Question: When doing scale runs/licks that have whole step intervals like in the following example, do you use your index-middle-pinky or the index-ring-pinky combination?

PaulGilbertFingeringExample1.jpg

This is how Paul Gilbert would play it (granted, most of us would not use our pinky finger on higher frets like him). I never questioned my natural instinct to use my middle finger in between licks that have two consecutive whole step intervals (G-A-B in this case, in G major/E minor).

This is how The Amazing Paul Gilbert would play it:

Would this type of fingering work on frets in a lower register, like in this example?

PaulGilbertFingeringExample2.jpg

None of this is too difficult for me, I just never really thought about other fingering possibilities. Maybe PG's is unconventional :lol:

BACKING TRACK/FORUM JAM DISCUSSION:

The Mark Moore and the 12 Donkeys backing track are my favourites so far. I just don't want to jam over some sleeper track, to be honest :p

Question: When doing scale runs/licks that have whole step intervals like in the following example, do you use your index-middle-pinky or the index-ring-pinky combination?

This is how Paul Gilbert would play it (granted, most of us would not use our pinky finger on higher frets like him). I never questioned my natural instinct to use my middle finger in between licks that have two consecutive whole step intervals (G-A-B in this case, in G major/E minor).

He speaks of his type of fingerings in one video. When he was starting out he had a teacher that told him to keep one finger to each fret, so he always practiced two consecutive whole steps with index-ring-pinky.

On another note, i always use my pinky, i just think it looks ugly when you're using the middle and ring finger for a whole step.

Lolwut?!
But seriously though good choice, hasn't that model been discontinued?

And Metallica is back (sort of)!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPWlzBsJfxA&feature=related

And Paul's new axes-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AB-7P7RYanE

From March issue of Young Guitar magazine

james' Kl is so fucking nice

Paul Gilbert

Would this type of fingering work on frets in a lower register, like in this example?

PaulGilbertFingeringExample2.jpg

None of this is too difficult for me, I just never really thought about other fingering possibilities. Maybe PG's is unconventional :lol:

for the first thing i use index, ring, pinky
and the for the second thing i use index middle and pinky

He speaks of his type of fingerings in one video. When he was starting out he had a teacher that told him to keep one finger to each fret, so he always practiced two consecutive whole steps with index-ring-pinky.

Makes sense. Somebody should have told me this three and a half years ago! :lol:

Can you find the vid? There are many PG vids on youtube.

On another note, i always use my pinky, i just think it looks ugly when you're using the middle and ring finger for a whole step.

I agree, but sometimes you have to on higher frets.