Guitar Player's Thread

I lost motivation today because I tried tuning my guitar down from E to D and I failed! :lol: I hate having to tighten/loosen the screws that effect the tremolo spring tension (I am a n00b to this). I just can't get the fookin' thing parrallel to the body of the guitar >.<

I'll record something for the "Cover Thread" soon.

I lost motivation today because I tried tuning my guitar down from E to D and I failed! :lol: I hate having to tighten/loosen the screws that effect the tremolo spring tension (I am a n00b to this). I just can't get the fookin' thing parrallel to the body of the guitar >.<

I'll record something for the "Cover Thread" soon.

I feel you man. Thats why i never move to anything else from Drop C than to D. It doesn't make me need to adjust shit. I hate it!!! Well...another reason for me to not buy a FR guitar next. Atleast i know of a hot one i really want :D

Matias, you have no excuse, :lol: You have a bridge that works like an OFR. It takes me 15 minutes to restring and retune now with the Jackson.

Mick does have because IIRC you have an Edge Pro, and although I do think it's a great bridge for it's price, it's way more difficult to get it in tune ok. My advice is that you get a thicker gauge of strings and then loosen a bit the screw and tune, and after that just play a bit with them. First time it'll take you like 3 hours, but with a bit of practice you'll be able to do it in less than an hour with complete restringing and in 10 minutes if you're not restringing.

Soooo....

Any thoughts for the backing track?

12 Donkeys for me. The Mark Moore thing is driving me crazy, :lol:

How many people for 12 Donkeys???

And I was thinking maybe everyone could choose which part of the BT that they want to solo over? Just an idea. Editing might be sketchy though.

shredtastical said:
hey mitch, new dragronforce update

Ahh cool! Aug 26, nice! I've already got my tickets to see them at the London Astoria sitting upstairs. I'll try and get to the front barrier and stay for the whole show. Thanks for that.

Thumbs up for 12 donkeys!
Btw i just tried my very first three strings sweeps today and it went great...iIalready showed them to matias...maybe I'll records something tomorrow.
btw i've also put a EMG-ESP LH-300 Pickup which I got from a buddy into my dimavery v and it sounds great...

I can do 5 string sweeps,i love sweeps,i feel its the most fun technic XDDDDDDDDDD

dude for 3 strings thats great man ,just take it easy and work your way up bit by bit,i have great hopes for you :) XDDD

then compound it and string it into many sweeps to make it killer \m/

I can do 5 string sweeps,i love sweeps,i feel its the most fun technic XDDDDDDDDDD

dude for 3 strings thats great man ,just take it easy and work your way up bit by bit,i have great hopes for you :) XDDD

then compound it and string it into many sweeps to make it killer m/

just because you motivated me so well...have u ever heard a record of me?I dunno since I don't post records of me playing very often...
Btw...msn chat? If yes==>pm

EDIT:
OK. I recorded a lil' riff i played really slowly. ( I started learning sweep arpeggios a hour ago)
http://www.sendspace.com/file/w8jpsw
(Do not wonder about the loud picking noises==>I had to make it louder with Audacity and so every lil' noice got louder >_<)

and out of fucking no where comes conti to participate in the jam and ask for the BT.

Ahh cool! Aug 26, nice! I've already got my tickets to see them at the London Astoria sitting upstairs. I'll try and get to the front barrier and stay for the whole show. Thanks for that.

Haha, I saw them at the Astoria a couple years ago (might have been more than two actually). It was one of my first gigs ever, memorable night :lol:

Firewind were supporting too :kickass:

12 Donkeys! Which bit is it in the song, i haven't downloaded the Rar file but i have the karaoke version.
Has anyone found any good "real life" pics of the RR24M

So i just caught up with my old bass player today (who is the greatest bassist alive haha) He moved to boston from NY to go to Berklee school of Music on a full ride scholarship, hes a maniac musician. Apparently they are sending him to Brazil, all expenses paid, to play some huge jazz festival.

Heres a video of him, and his band, with a fusion song that he wrote.

Fuck i wish he stayed here and played metal with me haha

Last edited by a moderator:
So i just caught up with my old bass player today (who is the greatest bassist alive haha) He moved to boston from NY to go to Berklee school of Music on a full ride scholarship, hes a maniac musician. Apparently they are sending him to Brazil, all expenses paid, to play some huge jazz festival.

Heres a video of him, and his band, with a fusion song that he wrote.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwu76QUgE-E

Fuck i wish he stayed here and played metal with me haha

what is he playing :lol:

just because you motivated me so well...have u ever heard a record of me?I dunno since I don't post records of me playing very often...
Btw...msn chat? If yes==>pm

EDIT:
OK. I recorded a lil' riff i played really slowly. ( I started learning sweep arpeggios a hour ago)
http://www.sendspace.com/file/w8jpsw
(Do not wonder about the loud picking noises==>I had to make it louder with Audacity and so every lil' noice got louder >_<)

dude i pmed you...chat :)msn ...:)

OMG I LOL'D SO HARD!!!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Watch the whole one. I love how they put yngwie in it.

Note: It's not one of the ordinary psycho lesson videos.

"SHUT UP NOOB! Remember that i can time warp!!!!!"

:lol:

Last edited by a moderator: